Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens. - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Would you shoot someone in the back that started to run away after assaulting you and realizing you had a gun?
    Nope, they are no longer a threat to me. Shooting somebody in the back who is no longer committing a crime is murder.

3. Why even post this? Read the article twice and NO mention of the offender has. CC permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:237026
    Would you shoot someone in the back that started to run away after assaulting you and realizing you had a gun?
    Nope, they are no longer a threat to me. Shooting somebody in the back who is no longer committing a crime is murder.
    Right so, what if the guy was yelling he was going to run the motorcyclist over, starts to rev his engine and move towards the motorcyclist, and then motorcyclist draws the firearm, and then the vehicle speeds in the other direction? A car is a very deadly weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    He meant do not pull out your gun unless you have already decided that you are going to use it. In Colorado, it is illegal to point your gun at somebody, its called menacing and you will get put in jail for it. The only way you could point your gun at somebody is if you are using it and are justified in using it. You cant be justified in pointing your gun at somebody to scare them. Especially because if you point your gun at somebody to stop them from hurting you, how can you prove they were going to hurt you? A gun isnt something to go around pointing at anyone you feel like.

18-3-206. Menacing.

(1) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by any threat or physical action, he or she knowingly places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury. Menacing is a class 3 misdemeanor, but, it is a class 5 felony if committed:

(a) By the use of a deadly weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to cause a person to reasonably believe that the article is a deadly weapon; or

(b) By the person representing verbally or otherwise that he or she is armed with a deadly weapon.
    Still a very stupid thing to teach, sorry..... If I pull my gun to stop a robbery, and the robbery stops, it has done what it needed to do.... according to you (your instructor) I would be in the wrong because I didnt pull the trigger..... using it means shooting it........

Plus, read that menacing crap you posted.... "Menacing is a class 3 misdemeanor, but, it is a class 5 felony if committed" that is just stupid crazy right there, no way around it....., how can you be guilty of it without being guilty of it? or the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Still a very stupid thing to teach, sorry..... If I pull my gun to stop a robbery, and the robbery stops, it has done what it needed to do.... according to you (your instructor) I would be in the wrong because I didnt pull the trigger..... using it means shooting it........

Plus, read that menacing crap you posted.... "Menacing is a class 3 misdemeanor, but, it is a class 5 felony if committed" that is just stupid crazy right there, no way around it....., how can you be guilty of it without being guilty of it? or the other way around?
    "Menacing crap"????? You think Im just making up crap? This is the LAW. Straight out of the Colorado Revised Statutes. It is illegal to point your gun at somebody. I didnt make it up. The instructor teaches you to follow the law.
    You are a civilian and your job is not to pull out your gun and wave it around and imagine you are a police officer. If a person puts you in a position that qualifies for using deadly force, than you can pull your gun out. Otherwise, have fun in jail for menacing.
    I would suggest you read up on your law in your state like I did in my state before you take your gun out of your home.

Right so, what if the guy was yelling he was going to run the motorcyclist over, starts to rev his engine and move towards the motorcyclist, and then motorcyclist draws the firearm, and then the vehicle speeds in the other direction? A car is a very deadly weapon...
    A car is a deadly weapon, I agree. Going off Colorado law since thats where I live, this is what you have to consider though. If the guy threatens to run me over and starts to drive at me, I am required to exhaust all other options before resorting to deadly force assuming I fear for my life. If I cannot run away or do anything else that I believe and a jury believes I could to avoid getting run over, then I can make the decision to use my firearm. Then I would draw it, and fire it. If I had time to pull it out and watch him change direction, then I would have had time to move out of the way, and a jury would put me in jail. Also, if I decided to use my gun, I would likely not help the situation because that deadly weapon (car) would now be traveling without a driver, and could hit me, or hit somebody else because the driver is dead and cannot stop it.

Desert.... you obviously have a hard time reading..... you are going off about things that were not said..... please go back and read EVERY WORD before inserting your foot even further down your throat.....

Some help for you: That "law" (crap) you posted does NOT make sense, period...... read it again... maybe it is a typo, I dont know, but it is clearly not written in plain English, lol.... "it is a third degree misdemeanor unless it is committed, then it is a 5th degree felony if it is committed"....., lmbo, which one is it? are you guilty of it before AND after you didnt (and/or did) commit it?

Also, your instructor is now known (because you keep telling us, so now we believe you) a complete idiot, period, sorry...... According to YOU AND YOUR INSTRUCTOR, if it warrants breaking leather, you had better pull the trigger no matter what........ I call bullcrap, 100%

I can "use" my firearms WITHOUT pulling the trigger......... (I have actually....) The idiot that messed with me is probably quite glad he didnt meet you or your instructor......... He learned his lesson WITHOUT being shot.......

I'm with geezer, not enough information to judge.

Curious, do you think calling people morons is a good image for gun owners?
    If the shoe fits, best the "morons" wear it. (Lest the rest of us get accused of being just like him.)

Just sayin'.

While I admit that our "rights" are at stake here, thus my proclivity to support only the barest minimum of interference in those "rights", I will be the first to admit, amongst our fellow 2nd Ammendment supporters, that there exist any number of persons, while "legally" permitted to have weapons, have absolutely no business with them. Be it a disregard of safety, simply a "bad" attitude or individuals who are really too stupid to have guns.

Unfortunately, just like the gun laws supposedly aimed at the "Bad Guys" in spirit, any effort to keep the 10%'ers noted above from having guns would only affect the rest of us adversely.

One type of chaff one simply cannot separate from the wheat. Ya gots to take the bad with the good. Unavoidable aspect of freedom, it applies equally to everyone. The good, the bad and the ugly.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Desert.... you obviously have a hard time reading..... you are going off about things that were not said..... please go back and read EVERY WORD before inserting your foot even further down your throat.....

Some help for you: That "law" (crap) you posted does NOT make sense, period...... read it again... maybe it is a typo, I dont know, but it is clearly not written in plain English, lol.... "it is a third degree misdemeanor unless it is committed, then it is a 5th degree felony if it is committed"....., lmbo, which one is it? are you guilty of it before AND after you didnt (and/or did) commit it?

Also, your instructor is now known (because you keep telling us, so now we believe you) a complete idiot, period, sorry...... According to YOU AND YOUR INSTRUCTOR, if it warrants breaking leather, you had better pull the trigger no matter what........ I call bullcrap, 100%

I can "use" my firearms WITHOUT pulling the trigger......... (I have actually....) The idiot that messed with me is probably quite glad he didnt meet you or your instructor......... He learned his lesson WITHOUT being shot.......
    Let me help you out since you dont understand the law. In Colorado, menacing can be charged as either a felony or a misdemeanor depending on circumstances such as prior history, and whether or not the deadly weapon was present. Here are the websites I got all my facts from, I didnt make up the law. And seriously, dont bring your gun in public until you know the law.

Legal Resources
    Colorado Menacing Attorney | Lawyers Protecting You in Denver, Arapahoe, Douglas, Jefferson, Adams County | O'Malley Law Office, P.C.
    Definition of Class 5 Felony Menacing | eHow.com
    http://www.colorado-criminal-lawyer..../menacing.html

My instructor is not an idiot because he knows the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:237046
    A car is a deadly weapon, I agree. Going off Colorado law since thats where I live, this is what you have to consider though. If the guy threatens to run me over and starts to drive at me, I am required to exhaust all other options before resorting to deadly force assuming I fear for my life. If I cannot run away or do anything else that I believe and a jury believes I could to avoid getting run over, then I can make the decision to use my firearm. Then I would draw it, and fire it. If I had time to pull it out and watch him change direction, then I would have had time to move out of the way, and a jury would put me in jail. Also, if I decided to use my gun, I would likely not help the situation because that deadly weapon (car) would now be traveling without a driver, and could hit me, or hit somebody else because the driver is dead and cannot stop it.
    At what point have you exhausted all attempts to allude a deadly threat? I know it is different for different people, and in the end the line is wherever a jury finds it to be, but for instance, in an assault, if you don't try to run away before firing, do you believe that to be a good shoot? If he has a knife, do you have to try to fight hand to hand before using a gun?

If my life is in danger, and I attempt to stop the threat, and in doing so the bad guy ends up hurting someone else, his actions are not my responsibilty.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast