Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens. - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 94

Thread: Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens.

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    All I am saying is, keep yourself at a higher standard. Ed H is a democrat, he seems to be a pretty good guy...I would not think of him as part of an organization committed to destroying this Republic. So in that case, the shoe does not fit. I do not buy into political correctness, I do buy into kindness though. When I make a mistake, I respect the one who approaches me and corrects me kindly and sternly. I resent the one who name calls with nothing better to teach.
    Firefighter, I understand your position. Your post have been very informative as well. Why can’t we all just get along? I’m thinking you must be a moderate, on the fence post, can’t decide your true identity. Sorry about that. Just Remember Democrats are similar To Radical Islam, they are delusional. They will lie to your face and distort the facts and act as though they are on your side. Don’t be fooled. They will steal you blindly.

    Why has communism/Marxism/and all the Radicals, like Occupied, Global warming wackos, environmentalist wackos…..and the list goes on and on, nested in the Democrat Party? Why would any rational thinking person that cherishes Individualism and love this Republic assign a “D” to their name? My God Sir, just listen to Joe Bite Me, Or Queen Nancy, or **** Turbin, How about Harry Reid,? Can you imagine belonging to that cult of thugs and hypocrites that continue to push class warfare and continue to steal our hard earned money? (Sorry about the name calling, the shoe fits)

    Yeah…Ed seams alright, talks a good line just like Obama did and does still has many snow balled. The fact of the matter is that The Democrats are a threat to our Republic, and It doesn’t matter who they are. Until the American people understand that, we will continue down this rapid descent into the abyss of communism/socialism/Fascism……… and our kids are siera charlie echo wiskeyed.!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    You might want to consider the fact that you are not allowed, by law, to wave your gun around at people.
    Please, please, please quote WHERE IN THIS THREAD that ANYONE said it was ok to "brandish" OR "wave a gun around" We are waiting..........


    Still waiting......



    *looks at watch*


    I think we all know who it is that has no clue what they are talking about in this thread....... and no desertbaby, it 'aint me....

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Hey Axe: There have been quite a few of Rambos out there who, while didling with themselves, convince themselves they are out there to protect "truth, justice, and the american way". Problem is they are not superman, and they are not LEOs and they are dead wrong in their ideas about what CC is all about and why they have been given this permit to carry a firearm. As I said in my last reply, if you are CC you are now a wuss, an incredibly impotent wuss and if you think you are more than that than you have a big problem that will eventually cause you incredible problems and grief. I do think, however, that most of these kind of replies are more bravado, as you sit at your computer and type your what ifs and responses and are not what you would actually do. Personally, as much as I profess bravado, I would probably crap in my pants first but I would not be drawing a weapon unless I explicitly and firmly believe that I had exhausted every effort to get away from any confrontation including running, begging, yelling--you name it--absolutely the last resort without qualification of any kind would be my firearm.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Here's some statistics to help settle this argument.

    Guns were used in 12,632 homicides in 2007, comprising over 40% of all gun deaths, and nearly 69% of all homicides.

    Numerous people use a firearm to stop an attack without the need to fire it. There are approximately two million defensive gun uses (DGU's) per year by law abiding citizens. That was one of the findings in a national survey conducted by Gary Kleck, a Florida State University criminologist in 1993. Prior to Dr. Kleck's survey, thirteen other surveys indicated a range of between 800,000 to 2.5 million DGU's annually. These thirteen other surveys were later found to be flawed.

    Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use guns to defend themselves, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time does a citizen wound his or her attacker, and in less than one in a thousand instances is the attacker killed. When using guns in self-defense, 91.1% of the time not a single shot is fired.

    SOURCES:
    Gun Facts 5.1 http://jpfo.org/pdf02/gun-facts-5.1.pdf
    Critical Incidents in Policing, FBI, 1991
    National Crime Victimization Survey, 2000
    WISQARS Injury Mortality Reports, 1999-2007
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Axe: There have been quite a few of Rambos out there who, while didling with themselves, convince themselves they are out there to protect "truth, justice, and the american way". Problem is they are not superman, and they are not LEOs and they are dead wrong in their ideas about what CC is all about and why they have been given this permit to carry a firearm. As I said in my last reply, if you are CC you are now a wuss, an incredibly impotent wuss and if you think you are more than that than you have a big problem that will eventually cause you incredible problems and grief. I do think, however, that most of these kind of replies are more bravado, as you sit at your computer and type your what ifs and responses and are not what you would actually do. Personally, as much as I profess bravado, I would probably crap in my pants first but I would not be drawing a weapon unless I explicitly and firmly believe that I had exhausted every effort to get away from any confrontation including running, begging, yelling--you name it--absolutely the last resort without qualification of any kind would be my firearm.
    kelcarry, not everyone has the super mall-ninja skills you and desert do... therefore, when we mere mortals unholster, there may be 1 to 2 seconds (vs your .00005 milliseconds response) of a lag between un-holstering and getting on target so we can shoot the bad guy.... If, in that few seconds lag, the bad guy decides he no longer wishes to press his attack, we NO LONGER need to shoot him....Why is that hard for you two to understand?

    It really sounds to me like you two are just "itching" for the chance to "off" some bad guy......

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor:237527
    Firefighter, I understand your position. Your post have been very informative as well. Why can’t we all just get along? I’m thinking you must be a moderate, on the fence post, can’t decide your true identity. Sorry about that. Just Remember Democrats are similar To Radical Islam, they are delusional. They will lie to your face and distort the facts and act as though they are on your side. Don’t be fooled. They will steal you blindly.

    Why has communism/Marxism/and all the Radicals, like Occupied, Global warming wackos, environmentalist wackos…..and the list goes on and on, nested in the Democrat Party? Why would any rational thinking person that cherishes Individualism and love this Republic assign a “D” to their name? My God Sir, just listen to Joe Bite Me, Or Queen Nancy, or **** Turbin, How about Harry Reid,? Can you imagine belonging to that cult of thugs and hypocrites that continue to push class warfare and continue to steal our hard earned money? (Sorry about the name calling, the shoe fits)

    Yeah…Ed seams alright, talks a good line just like Obama did and does still has many snow balled. The fact of the matter is that The Democrats are a threat to our Republic, and It doesn’t matter who they are. Until the American people understand that, we will continue down this rapid descent into the abyss of communism/socialism/Fascism……… and our kids are siera charlie echo wiskeyed.!
    Actually I am more of a constitutionalist. Closer to anarchist when compared to todays government than a republican or democrat. You do realize in life, there are more sides than your own. To you they are the enemy, to them, you are the enemy. Lower yourself to your enemy if you wish, I stand by my point of view, and I will be polite even though it is unrequited. I don't care if we get along or not, as long as we do so politely. Until you can figure out how to debate without becoming so hateful, I don't see a point in continuing forward.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Hey Axe: We will agree to disagree. If you "unholster" and "get on target" you are brandishing pure and simple,unless your opponent has placed you in a position that meets the requirements of what a presumption of imminent danger is all about. Not just scared and not just frightened and not just "I need the time to get my firearam out of my holster". Yes there is a dynamics here that are extreme. Is your target actually reaching for a firearm? Is he just yelling and screaming obscenties and threats? Have you done everything you can to avoid further confrontation? Are there witnesses around who can verify your imminent danger? What exactly is he doing that should allow you to point a firearm at him and actually discharge your firearm? A "presumption of imminent danger of death or great bodily injury" is not black and white--every case can and will be different. Kindly do not put words in my mouth when you say that I want to "off" someone--I find that insulting and, quite frankly, disgusting talk on this forum. All I am saying is that the "presumption" had better be 100%--if it is not and you have either made a bad mistake in "presuming" what some bad mouth idiot has said or is doing, or you have presented your firearm to someone who is a lot better at this than you are, you will either be in big legal trouble or possibly dead. I truly believe that we really are on the same page, but I do not like being called things that I am not. If defending yourself means you can draw your firearm because you are not so good at this kind of thing, I would suggest you get more training or avoid CC---it will only get you in a great deal of legal trouble or, at worst, killed.This is far more than writing to a forum. If you cannot understand where I am coming from, so be it. God Bless and I hope none of us ever have to follow thru on anything we discuss in this forum.

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Still a very stupid thing to teach, sorry..... If I pull my gun to stop a robbery, and the robbery stops, it has done what it needed to do.... according to you (your instructor) I would be in the wrong because I didnt pull the trigger..... using it means shooting it........
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I can "use" my firearm WITHOUT pulling the trigger......... (I have actually....) The idiot that messed with me is probably quite glad he didnt meet you or your instructor......... He learned his lesson WITHOUT being shot.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Please, please, please quote WHERE IN THIS THREAD that ANYONE said it was ok to "brandish" OR "wave a gun around" We are waiting..........


    Still waiting......



    *looks at watch*


    I think we all know who it is that has no clue what they are talking about in this thread....... and no desertbaby, it 'aint me....
    There you go. You said you can pull your gun and "use" your gun without ever pulling the trigger. That is what Colorado law calls menacing and is illegal. You support breaking the law. I support following the law by keeping my gun holstered unless I am justified in using deadly force and I will then draw, aim, fire, reholster. Not just point it at people to scare them like you will.

  10. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    your instructor is an **&$%**,
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Still a very stupid thing to teach

    Plus, read that menacing crap you posted....
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Desert.... you obviously have a hard time reading..... you are going off about things that were not said..... please go back and read EVERY WORD before inserting your foot even further down your throat.....


    Also, your instructor is now known (because you keep telling us, so now we believe you) a complete idiot, period, sorry...... According to YOU AND YOUR INSTRUCTOR, if it warrants breaking leather, you had better pull the trigger no matter what........ I call bullcrap, 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Desert, by your own words you are condemned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    You are absolutely INCORRECT here, and a VERY dangerous loose cannon.... I hope you never get in a situation that you do have to unholster....., because you may very well be up on MURDER charges.....

    Your "training" AND thinking is very wrong... keep arguing that is the only way it can be done without breaking some idiotic "law") In that part, you are 100% WRONG!!!
    Giving out CRAP advice like YOU are doing is worse for "our cause" than what the person who was the subject of the OP did..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I think we all know who it is that has no clue what they are talking about in this thread....... and no desertbaby, it 'aint me....
    You keep being overly aggressive on these forums. You also attack people rather than ideas. You also love to name call.
    Lukem can you please take note of his volatile nature on these forums?

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Axe: We will agree to disagree. If you "unholster" and "get on target" you are brandishing pure and simple,unless your opponent has placed you in a position that meets the requirements of what a presumption of imminent danger is all about. Not just scared and not just frightened and not just "I need the time to get my firearam out of my holster". Yes there is a dynamics here that are extreme. Is your target actually reaching for a firearm? Is he just yelling and screaming obscenties and threats? Have you done everything you can to avoid further confrontation? Are there witnesses around who can verify your imminent danger? What exactly is he doing that should allow you to point a firearm at him and actually discharge your firearm? A "presumption of imminent danger of death or great bodily injury" is not black and white--every case can and will be different. Kindly do not put words in my mouth when you say that I want to "off" someone--I find that insulting and, quite frankly, disgusting talk on this forum. All I am saying is that the "presumption" had better be 100%--if it is not and you have either made a bad mistake in "presuming" what some bad mouth idiot has said or is doing, or you have presented your firearm to someone who is a lot better at this than you are, you will either be in big legal trouble or possibly dead. I truly believe that we really are on the same page, but I do not like being called things that I am not. If defending yourself means you can draw your firearm because you are not so good at this kind of thing, I would suggest you get more training or avoid CC---it will only get you in a great deal of legal trouble or, at worst, killed.This is far more than writing to a forum. If you cannot understand where I am coming from, so be it. God Bless and I hope none of us ever have to follow thru on anything we discuss in this forum.
    kelcarry, you have made some VERY HUGE mistakes about what I wrote, never, in ANY of my posts did I even HINT that the perp didnt need shot WHEN the gun was drawn, only AFTER it was drawn, geesh, learn how to read before responding to your own imagination....it makes you look very foolish...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast