Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens. - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    You keep being overly aggressive on these forums. You also attack people rather than ideas. You also love to name call.
    Lukem can you please take note of his volatile nature on these forums?
    Whahhhhhhh, I'm telling..... lmbo, Dont have any facts to back up your argument, so you try and change the subject... or mis-direct it anyways, typical....

My brashness is the result of not being politically correct, deal with it... I tell the truth without any sugar coating... It keeps people like you from getting away with giving out FALSE AND DANGEROUS advice to people who dont know any better and might take it and end up in a world of hurt or dead....

If you cant stand being wrong, stop typing dude...... That, or get a clue what the real world actually is like before posting about it....

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post

If this is the way KelCarry's story really went down, and the truck driver went to his truck and retrieved his gun and used it, he is in the wrong. He should of went to his truck, started it, and left. We can nit pick every single scenario about what could or should of happened, but we weren't there, the news never gives us a full story from both sides, we should not be judging, and even more so not be calling names.

Quoting santa quoting someone...An armed society is a polite society. Let's try and be polite.
    This happened around Beaufort SC last Christmas. I have read several reports from several different sources, enough to believe that it happened pretty much that way. The tow truck driver had placed a tire boot on the fellows car and they got into an arguement about it. The dead man pulled his gun out but all the witnesses say he did not point it at the truck driver or threaten to shoot him, he just displayed his gun to let him know he had one. The tow truck driver walked to his truck, got his gun, came back and calmly shot the fellow, seems like twice. If I can find some of the links I will try to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910:237586

If this is the way KelCarry's story really went down, and the truck driver went to his truck and retrieved his gun and used it, he is in the wrong. He should of went to his truck, started it, and left. We can nit pick every single scenario about what could or should of happened, but we weren't there, the news never gives us a full story from both sides, we should not be judging, and even more so not be calling names.

Quoting santa quoting someone...An armed society is a polite society. Let's try and be polite.
    This happened around Beaufort SC last Christmas. I have read several reports from several different sources, enough to believe that it happened pretty much that way. The tow truck driver had placed a tire boot on the fellows car and they got into an arguement about it. The dead man pulled his gun out but all the witnesses say he did not point it at the truck driver or threaten to shoot him, he just displayed his gun to let him know he had one. The tow truck driver walked to his truck, got his gun, came back and calmly shot the fellow, seems like twice. If I can find some of the links I will try to post them.
    Did the truck driver get in trouble? Sounds like a horrible situation through and through

5. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Actually I am more of a constitutionalist. Closer to anarchist when compared to todays government than a republican or democrat. You do realize in life, there are more sides than your own. To you they are the enemy, to them, you are the enemy. Lower yourself to your enemy if you wish, I stand by my point of view, and I will be polite even though it is unrequited. I don't care if we get along or not, as long as we do so politely. Until you can figure out how to debate without becoming so hateful, I don't see a point in continuing forward.
    I respectfully disagree. Democrats are the enemy to this Rebublic and if you SEe it any other way you really need to spend more time educating yourself. There is nothing polite when dealing with an enemy, get over yourself. Hope your feeling didn't get to hurt.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

6. Kelcarry, agree to disagree is something mr.Ed would say. Just saying. One loses credibility.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor:237644
    Actually I am more of a constitutionalist. Closer to anarchist when compared to todays government than a republican or democrat. You do realize in life, there are more sides than your own. To you they are the enemy, to them, you are the enemy. Lower yourself to your enemy if you wish, I stand by my point of view, and I will be polite even though it is unrequited. I don't care if we get along or not, as long as we do so politely. Until you can figure out how to debate without becoming so hateful, I don't see a point in continuing forward.
    I respectfully disagree. Democrats are the enemy to this Rebublic and if you SEe it any other way you really need to spend more time educating yourself. There is nothing polite when dealing with an enemy, get over yourself. Hope your feeling didn't get to hurt.
    Not hurt feeling here. Education is not the issue. You have some true hatred for your fellow American, and you like to argue ad hominem, so good luck to you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    There you go. You said you can pull your gun and "use" your gun without ever pulling the trigger. That is what Colorado law calls menacing and is illegal. You support breaking the law. I support following the law by keeping my gun holstered unless I am justified in using deadly force and I will then draw, aim, fire, reholster. Not just point it at people to scare them like you will.
    Wow, you still insist that murdering someone who no longer is a threat is the "legal" thing to do........Simply amazing..... You would rather kill someone than stop your trigger finger....

Hmmm.... What is the title of this thread again???? Oh yeh....

"Morons like this don't help us responsible cc citizens"

Hey Axe: I do not enjoy going back and forth on something, IMO, that is simple and understandable.I do not even understand your reply #50 and, quite frankly, are ready to talk to a big rock outside my home than continue this discussion with you. Thank you for your comments.

Hey FN and Firefighter: Not sure why your discussions appear in this thread concerning the SC tow truck operator but I have followed this story in the Island Packet newspaper (Hilton Head) since Day 1, and I believe everything I have said is per the information I have seen in that newspaper and the Post and Courier in Charleston. Up to the last shot by the tow guy, based on what I know (does not mean the news gave us all the info), when the van guy brandished, all bets were off--any defense attorney worth his weight should be able to convince a jury that the tow guy was in danger even if he had the alternatives of leaving (which meant leaving his boot and wrench) or even calling 911 (I was afraid that the LEOs would not arrive in time). The van guy's family had conflicting testimony, which sure does not help. First they said he never brandished, then they said he never took the gun out and yet the gun was found away from his body--who knows? The last shot to the van guy's head with a hearty and disgusting "feliz navidad" was a cold as any killer. The fact that the prosecutor is not going for murder 1 or 2 and only manslaughter indicates to me that the van guy's family testimony is so so for murder. Manslaughter will still put him away for 30 years and is probably easier for a jury to swallow in this extremely tragic case.

Threads wander but about the tow truck driver as you have I have followed this story. It is a screwed up case that is going to be interesting in how it finally turns out. The reputation of the tow truck dirver adds a good bit of interest to the case although it should not have any real effect on the outcome. You are correct in your first mention of this that it started with the first brandishing of a gun. We cannot blame the gun but what if he had brandished a knife instead of a gun? Would things have turned out the same? This is a good case to demonstrate the problems with brandishing or showing a gun to try and scare someone. I agree totally that one should never pull their gun just to scare or intimidate. When you unholster you should be ready to use it if things do not change in a hurry and you must have mead up your mind that if things do not change your are willing to use it. Once you remove your gun from your holster there are only two options before you to return it to the holster. Either the other person backs off quickly or you fire it. In the case of the tow truck driver I don't think the first fellow had any intention of using his gun but that is just my opinion and it got him killed. "What a maroon".

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast