Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens. - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens.

Hey FN: I agree with everything you said in your last reply. The van guy made a terrible mistake in front of a really scary person who has now demonstrated that he will kill--period/end of story.
    Question: Your moniker, FN1910--what exactly does it stand for? The reason I ask is that I am in the process of thinking thru the purchase of an FNH 5.7x28 pistol. FN--FNH--same company?

Kel: i was just curious as to what happened to the tow truck driver for not exhausting all efforts to leave the situation, especially since he had to retrieve his gun from another location. If he had time to do that, he had time to leave. But it seems you answered my question on that last post. This is a crazy world we live in.

Hey Fire: When the tow guy went back to shoot the van guy in the head with the last shot, he did this in front of the van guy's family and probably other neighbors--he wasn't going anywhere at that time. The tow guy is a hot head and has been for years and has been getting into trouble and pretty much getting out of it for awhile. From what I read his family has various "connections" in the law enforcement/legal area in the Bluffton area and I know that has come up in comments made in the Island Packet blogs. Even getting bail in the beginning got a lot of people mad.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry:237750
    Hey Fire: When the tow guy went back to shoot the van guy in the head with the last shot, he did this in front of the van guy's family and probably other neighbors--he wasn't going anywhere at that time. The tow guy is a hot head and has been for years and has been getting into trouble and pretty much getting out of it for awhile. From what I read his family has various "connections" in the law enforcement/legal area in the Bluffton area and I know that has come up in comments made in the Island Packet blogs. Even getting bail in the beginning got a lot of people mad.
    Sigh...I don't want to turn this into a police bashing thread. Back to the tow driver, was his first shot even justified? The second shot reminds me of the pharmacist, going across the line by getting another gun and shooting the downed perp multiple times. The only difference is, the pharmacist had a good shoot to begin with, sounds like the tow truck driver was not justified to shoot in the first place if he had to go retrieve the gun.

Hey Fire: You can argue that not only did the van guy brandish but he threatened the tow guy if he did not give him the keys to the boot. The tow guy can argue that he felt threatened and was not going to just stand there either by the van or his truck and wait for this van guy to shoot him--that is why he went back to get his gun. He was not about to stand there and wait for the police--on xmas eve when would an LEO even arrive. Yes he should have got in truck and drove away but he can argue that his boot and keys were in the possession of the van guy and why should he retreat further from such a threat. The fact that the van guy's gun was not in his waistband at the end of all this could mean that after brandishing, he actually pointed it at the tow guy--who knows? The van guy's family have not exactly helped their cause with lots of conflicting testimony regarding the van guy's gun. IMO, based on what I know, until the last shot, which was an execution shot, the testimony is hazy and a good defense attorney can bend all this to leave enough doubt for a guilty verdict--I would also have a hard time convicting without that last shot. If there was no last shot and without something more concrete, which does not exist, I would acquit.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry:237794
    Hey Fire: You can argue that not only did the van guy brandish but he threatened the tow guy if he did not give him the keys to the boot. The tow guy can argue that he felt threatened and was not going to just stand there either by the van or his truck and wait for this van guy to shoot him--that is why he went back to get his gun. He was not about to stand there and wait for the police--on xmas eve when would an LEO even arrive. Yes he should have got in truck and drove away but he can argue that his boot and keys were in the possession of the van guy and why should he retreat further from such a threat. The fact that the van guy's gun was not in his waistband at the end of all this could mean that after brandishing, he actually pointed it at the tow guy--who knows? The van guy's family have not exactly helped their cause with lots of conflicting testimony regarding the van guy's gun. IMO, based on what I know, until the last shot, which was an execution shot, the testimony is hazy and a good defense attorney can bend all this to leave enough doubt for a guilty verdict--I would also have a hard time convicting without that last shot. If there was no last shot and without something more concrete, which does not exist, I would acquit.
    Is a verbal threat reason enough to go get a gun and come back and kill the person threatening? In that case, the man who drew his gun in the OP was justified because the one in the car could have been threatening and had a deadly weapon in possession. I don't think you have stated your opinion on the OP...do you think he had reason enough to draw? After drawing, the other party ran away, so he did not fire. The firearm did it's purpose and stopped the threat. If OP is not justified, how is the tow truck driver justified by shooting over verbal threats?

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    I don't usually jump into these mud-slinging arguments, but here's my 2 cents.

Amazingly, I agree with Axeanda45. I always considered the act of un-holstering my weapon as "using it". That doesn't mean that I have to fire it. However, I would not draw my weapon unless it was warranted and I was prepared to use it, and I was was justified in doing so. I personally don't want to kill anyone again.

When I was a LEO, I had 2 rules that followed at all times.

Rule #1 - Do not die while on duty.
    Rule #2 - Do not kill while on duty. However, when in doubt, refer to Rule #1.

If I can protect myself from death or bodily harm by drawing my weapon but not firing it, I will do so.
    And THAT, my friends, is wisdom, with a capital "W".

I will note, however, that by the time I decide to "unleash the weapon", the situation IS very serious.... Having drawn, said "bad guy" had BEST make a certain act very obvious that he is calling it quits.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by chevfan3 View Post
    Yes I'll admit that name calling isn't the best approach to this situation, but it does say in the article that he pulled his gun during a "verbal argument". Even here in Idaho where just about anybody can get a CCW or purchase a gun without a waiting period, it is required that you be in imminent danger of death or serious injury before brandishing a firearm. This guy clearly wasn’t in danger, at least according to the article, so he showed extremely poor judgment by pulling a handgun.
    The media loves stories like this but never seem to report on the guy who saved his family by responsibly handling a firearm. Thereby giving the anti gun lobby more ammunition to further restrict our rights. That’s why I think this guy is a moron.
    Besides, since I can't communicate with the "moron" myself, I don't look at it as name calling, I term it descriptive identification flagging, so that everyone who I do communicate with understands immediately the connotations of the "description".

Note that everyone knew exactly what I was referring to. Calling a horse a horse is generally better than trying to describe the animal otherwise, which may get confused with a mule, ass, donkey, et al.

In the instance we are discussing here, the "prime suspect" acted foolishly indeed, so much so that one simply HAS to question his thinking facilities. Thus..... MORON! .... and everyone understands exactly the level of behavior I am talking about.

Sorry descriptive language gets in some people's craw. But I do try for clarity and succinctness in my choice of words.

I have found that PC considerations only obfuscates.... particularly the truth.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Darn! I'm out of popcorn and the pi$$ing match is still going on!

Sounds like a bunch of school kids trying to convince all the other kids in the school yard who's the best spellers.

Kids!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Not hurt feeling here. Education is not the issue. You have some true hatred for your fellow American, and you like to argue ad hominem, so good luck to you sir.
    Democrats believe in the rule of man not the rule of law. That is the hatred that is spews from Democrats.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast