Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens. - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 94

Thread: Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens.

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by walt629:238013
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Further to my comment and agreeing with Desert, when you are CC you are a wuss---a dangerous wuss who can kill someone with their firearm that is CC but you are a wuss--period/end of story. You beg foregiveness, you retreat if you can, you yell and scream and can cry mama if you want so that witnesses will see you are not trying to provoke but actually trying to minimize the interraction. If after doing all those things, if they are possible, and a threat is still possible, it is now "miller time" you act (ie-your firearm) and when you act it is the last and final resort at your disposal because any further delay will, in your mind, (presumption of imminent danger of death or great bodily injury) cause your possible death or serious injury. The quick chain of events and dynamics are easy to write about and I can see them clearly in my mind, but I surely hope they never appear before me--I am not so sure my actions will follow such a clear and unmistakeable and, IMO, legally correct course, but I know that I will use situational awareness as my first course and being a complete wuss as my second course with lots of yelling and screaming for witnesses---I will always be looking at the jerk and looking at his hands and thinking about his demeanor and having myself in a position (distance from the jerk) where I can defend myself.
    Wow! I just don't know where to start with this CC = Wuss drivel.

    So you're say that everyone that CC's is a wuss? Statements like this are what perpetuates the rift between CC and OC. What, in your mind, makes someone who lives in a particular state that only allows CC, a wuss? You personal and vast experience as a world renowned authority on carry methods and state laws?

    Completely unnecessary and not germane to the conversation originating from the OP.
    You missed his point entirely. He is not calling CC a wuss...he CC's...he's not a pro OC adovcate like navy, al, I and others. What he is saying, is since we have chosen to carry, we have chosen to act like a wuss. If someone calls us an idiot, we should walk away, like a wuss. If someone takes our parking spot, we find another, and we don't fight over it, we act like a chicken and run. We are not wusses, but we have to turn the other cheek and walk away from all the confrontations that might come up. When I was younger, and didn't carry a firearm, sure I would fight back more when I was provoked, I didn't want to get pushed around or walked on. Now days, since I have a firearm, I say sorry even if it wasn't my fault the lady ran her grocery cart into mine and the husband got pissy.

  2.   
  3. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    .... Now days, since I have a firearm, I say sorry even if it wasn't my fault the lady ran her grocery cart into mine and the husband got pissy.
    NEVER! NEVER!! be sorry for what is NOT your fault. If it is not your fault, say nothing. Just move away.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  4. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom:238025
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    .... Now days, since I have a firearm, I say sorry even if it wasn't my fault the lady ran her grocery cart into mine and the husband got pissy.
    NEVER! NEVER!! be sorry for what is NOT your fault. If it is not your fault, say nothing. Just move away.
    Sorry ;-) I disagree. While there are times we just have to walk away, or run away from a situation, the cart example is not one of them. We are a civilization, we communicate to each other no matter what, words or not. When I say, "Sorry, excuse me," and keep walking even though I did not run into her cart, she ran into mine, I was being courteous and defusing by apologizing, and excusing myself from the situation. To just walk away, no words, could be taken as rude and indifferent.

  5. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Sorry ;-) I disagree. While there are times we just have to walk away, or run away from a situation, the cart example is not one of them. We are a civilization, we communicate to each other no matter what, words or not. When I say, "Sorry, excuse me," and keep walking even though I did not run into her cart, she ran into mine, I was being courteous and defusing by apologizing, and excusing myself from the situation. To just walk away, no words, could be taken as rude and indifferent.
    You are a gentleman and have been taught well, but I still think saying I am sorry for what is not your fault is a no-no -- especially if the other person has a pissed-off partner.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  6. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,004
    I disagree with anyone that thinks because I CC, I act any differently than I would normally would. I cannot think of a situation that I have acted differently because I was CC than I would have acted if I wasn't CC.

    Just because I carry, my personality does not change for the macho side. I act in public the same if I am CC or not. If there is a need to walk away from a situation I will. Those situations are usually the kind that don't warrant my participation in the first place. If I do something that warrants an apology (crashing shopping carts) I apologize.

    Like Chen said "We are a civilization, we communicate to each other no matter what, words or not. When I say, "Sorry, excuse me," and keep walking even though I did not run into her cart, she ran into mine, I was being courteous and defusing by apologizing, and excusing myself from the situation. To just walk away, no words, could be taken as rude and indifferent." And well said it was.

    But actions like these are in no way, shape or form, being a wuss!

    And could we PLEASE work on our paragraph breaks! Some of the presentations make it SO hard to tell when the train of thought changes. Not that I'm any kind of literary giant but geez people... punctuation and line breaks go a long way to clarify your thoughts. IMHO of course.

  7. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    NEVER! NEVER!! be sorry for what is NOT your fault. If it is not your fault, say nothing. Just move away.
    Pretty intense Mom?

    There will always be times when the best response, whether or not what ever "it" is, is not your fault but for the sake of manners or just to acknowledge that there has been an avoidable interaction, I will apologize. Just because I'm better than them.

    I was raised to be polite in formal and casual situations. Now, on the other hand, if I have been offended by the actions of others, I am not the one that will apologize.

    My humble opinion of course.

  8. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by walt629:238095
    I disagree with anyone that thinks because I CC, I act any differently than I would normally would. I cannot think of a situation that I have acted differently because I was CC than I would have acted if I wasn't CC.

    Just because I carry, my personality does not change for the macho side. I act in public the same if I am CC or not. If there is a need to walk away from a situation I will. Those situations are usually the kind that don't warrant my participation in the first place. If I do something that warrants an apology (crashing shopping carts) I apologize.

    Like Chen said "We are a civilization, we communicate to each other no matter what, words or not. When I say, "Sorry, excuse me," and keep walking even though I did not run into her cart, she ran into mine, I was being courteous and defusing by apologizing, and excusing myself from the situation. To just walk away, no words, could be taken as rude and indifferent." And well said it was.

    But actions like these are in no way, shape or form, being a wuss!

    And could we PLEASE work on our paragraph breaks! Some of the presentations make it SO hard to tell when the train of thought changes. Not that I'm any kind of literary giant but geez people... punctuation and line breaks go a long way to clarify your thoughts. IMHO of course.
    You have a vey good point. Calling it a wuss is definitely the wrong way of thinking about it. Thanks, you and Mom gave me what I would call being a proper carrier description: I, as a firearms carrier, need to be a gentlemen. Being a wuss is a negative connotation, and in such, beings negativity towards gun owners. Keeping it in a positive light always helps.

  9. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Pretty intense Mom?

    There will always be times when the best response, whether or not what ever "it" is, is not your fault but for the sake of manners or just to acknowledge that there has been an avoidable interaction, I will apologize. Just because I'm better than them.

    I was raised to be polite in formal and casual situations. Now, on the other hand, if I have been offended by the actions of others, I am not the one that will apologize.

    My humble opinion of course.
    There are many gentlemen out here like you but I said what I said because Firefighterchen said she has a pissy husband. And THAT is my opinion.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  10. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Hey Walt: It is not a question of "being different" when you are CC, it is the mindset that I am talking about. You may be that perfect even keeled person that never gets angry and has a smile on their face but I do not believe most of us are. Let me ask you--if someone comes over to you when you are walking with your wife or family or someone you care about and starts off on them in a vile and extremely insulting manner just because they are idiots or crazy or just looking for trouble, you are telling me that your demeanor is exactly the same as the minute you walked out of church and the reverend told all of you to have a nice day? I do not believe that your stomach bile isn't going to be stirring. My point is that whether you call it being a "wuss" or whatever, the stomach bile that is telling you to blow this sucker away because you hate his guts should not get the better of you while you are CC.
    I do not agree with Tucker and I guess I am agreeing with you Walt that if all it takes is an apology to get away from an incredibly ignorant piece of crap while I am CC, I will do so. The way you said it Tucker, it sounds like you would be putting yourself in a more antagonistic position by not decelerating the situation by just saying "I'm sorry". Turning your back on someone who is hell bent on a fight or talking back to them is just going to enrage them more and cause an escalation.

  11. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Whether you agree with me or not, is not the issue. If I get even just a smallist smile from the lady, that is fine, but I will still say nothing than apologize for what is not my fault. My problem is with the pissy husband, not with her. Sometimes FOR ME, it is just as easy to say nothing and move on then offer an apology for something NOT my fault. If the husband is pissy, imagine what life she has with him. It will probably be antagonistic if I gave her (or them) a sharp look indicating my displeasure at being bumped accidentally. I have a good poker face when necessary (ask my kids...) BUT if they have been confrontational, it will be a different story. But from firefighterchen's account, I understood she wasn't.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast