Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens.

Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens.

Yes you are correct, it don't help, but we do not know why the guy pulled his gun, he may have had a good reason

I'm with geezer, not enough information to judge.

Curious, do you think calling people morons is a good image for gun owners?

This will take a court to decide, you don't know if a threat was issued by the other man, as such, man who pulled gun should have called 911 first and explained reason (threat to life). Now the courts will have to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Yes you are correct, it don't help, but we do not know why the guy pulled his gun, he may have had a good reason
    My instructor taught us to never draw unless we are ready to shoot. This guy was not in a life or death situation or he would have shot. Therefore, he should not have pulled out his gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:236996
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    My instructor taught us to never draw unless we are ready to shoot. This guy was not in a life or death situation or he would have shot. Therefore, he should not have pulled out his gun.
    Would you shoot someone in the back that started to run away after assaulting you and realizing you had a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I see your point but Deserteagle had an excellent counterpoint. Just because you are ready to shoot doesn't mean you have to.

KK

LOL lock him up lucky he didn't pull on someone ready to use theirs!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    If that is what he actually taught, then I have to say your instructor is an **&$%**, sorry..........

Maybe you misunderstood what he meant? Perhaps he said dont pull it UNLESS you would be justified in using it, AND WILLING to pull the trigger? Even then, what if the attack that caused you to pull it ended BEFORE you pulled the trigger? Are you STILL going to pull it?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    If that is what he actually taught, then I have to say your instructor is an **&$%**, sorry..........

Maybe you misunderstood what he meant? Perhaps he said dont pull it UNLESS you would be justified in using it, AND WILLING to pull the trigger? Even then, what if the attack that caused you to pull it ended BEFORE you pulled the trigger? Are you STILL going to pull it?
    He meant do not pull out your gun unless you have already decided that you are going to use it. In Colorado, it is illegal to point your gun at somebody, its called menacing and you will get put in jail for it. The only way you could point your gun at somebody is if you are using it and are justified in using it. You cant be justified in pointing your gun at somebody to scare them. Especially because if you point your gun at somebody to stop them from hurting you, how can you prove they were going to hurt you? A gun isnt something to go around pointing at anyone you feel like.

18-3-206. Menacing.

(1) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by any threat or physical action, he or she knowingly places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury. Menacing is a class 3 misdemeanor, but, it is a class 5 felony if committed:

(a) By the use of a deadly weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to cause a person to reasonably believe that the article is a deadly weapon; or

(b) By the person representing verbally or otherwise that he or she is armed with a deadly weapon.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast