Permit Holder Chases and Shoots Armed Robber - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Permit Holder Chases and Shoots Armed Robber

Good shoot

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    BG is running away call 911 assist the lady and move on you are not the police, oh yea where were they again, am being told all the time by the anti gun states they are there to protect you, 8 in CA and how many others where police are not present, protect yourself and your family.
    Didn't the Supreme's rule that the police don't have an obligation to protect? Common experience shows the police are a clean up squad.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Didn't the Supreme's rule that the police don't have an obligation to protect? Common experience shows the police are a clean up squad.
    I think a court, but not the Supreme Court, ruled that the police don't have an obligation to protect an individual, only society in general.
    Charlie

I never understood why, Pistol Permit Holders Think they are LEO's helping the elderly women would of been
    my first action & protecting her incase the BG came back,but I never would chase BG down thats what LEO's
    get paid for. I guess to each their own as the saying goes
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK:238280
    Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    I think a court, but not the Supreme Court, ruled that the police don't have an obligation to protect an individual, only society in general.
    It was a supreme court ruling that reversed a lower court in Colorado. Sad story and an epic failure on the part of the police.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html

I wouldn't do it for a couple of reasons...
    1) I'd just as soon avoid any further gun battles at this point in my life if I can.

2) I just can't run any more due to legs and heart.

However, for a young guy/gal with legs that is concerned with his/her community and chooses to take down the robber...more power to them.

Hey B2: You said it all in your first reply. No imminent danger, no firearm particularly when the slime is running away and it did not even involve you (leaving aside Alter Ego rules). As much as you hate seeing violence and robbery on others or robbery in your own home, once the slime is running away things change. Castle Doctrine in your home can quickly turn against you if you decide to shoot some slime as he is leaving your house with your stuff. You really want to--"its my stuff" but it gets down to reading the law in your state and they vary quite a bit. IMO stuff is insured and my life is worth more than my stuff. If it is not imminent danger to me, it is not worth it.Just sayin

Courts will not be kind to this guy. Could be argued he executed this person.

10. Permit holder has BEEN CLEARED OF ALL CHARGES!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! It can be read on the Star Tribune's page. Click on Minneapolis news or, "Murderapolis" as I call it.

11. Haha I just read it. Why his mother was shocked was beyond me. Your son was a plague on society! I'm sorry but if I got news my son was gunned down for robbing an old lady AND PISTOL WHIPPING HER I couldn't be mad at the GG. I would grieve don't get me wrong but honestly these ghetto parents are the devil

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast