Honest opinions please. Who here would use this product? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest opinions please. Who here would use this product?

Quote Originally Posted by Sh00tn Butt View Post
    not a good idea to me .. attracts too much unwanted attention IMHO! ..
    a badge is not going to make a difference to the LEO's .. you will put your weapon down and assume the position anyway until they feel safe ..
    It's SUPPOSED to attract attention!! Cops pull up...see you with your gun pointed at the bad guy, who is lying on the ground, either bleeding out, or still conscious and pleading for his life saying something like "HELP...THAT CRAZY [email protected]@RD SHOT ME...I DIDN'T DO NUTHIN..."

The idea is that they see you first, wearing a safety device that says "don't shoot me...I'm the good guy..."
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

So far, the only real downside I can see (aside from being made fun of if certain people on this forum know you have it), is having yet one more thing to carry on your belt.
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

4. Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    So far, the only real downside I can see (aside from being made fun of if certain people on this forum know you have it), is having yet one more thing to carry on your belt.
    Plus it would clash with the tiara you would have to wear with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmasse View Post
    Plus it would clash with the tiara you would have to wear with it.
    No way. My tiara will be made out of CCW badges. :P

Thank you all for the laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    I'm of mixed opinion on this product.

Part of me wants to make (yet more) "CCW Badge" and "Sheepdog" jokes.

BUT...it seems to me that the intention is that this be deployed AFTER one has survived a self-defense shooting scenario, to identify yourself as the "good guy" when law enforcement response is imminent.

In that sense...it actually seems like a pretty decent idea.

But here is a better link - to the product page, not the FAQ page:
    DSM Safety Products, for Law Enforcement, Concealed Carry Licenses and Security Personnel.
    Phil: Your comment has some merit but there is one big problem I forsee. If the LEOs aren't indoctrinated into the use of this sash, it might be meaningless proposition.

8. It's nothing more than a piece of reflective tape with letters on it. Nothing but confusion and distractions to officers already likely to be in a dangerous situation. Any cop that would hesitate even a moment to trust a piece of tape with letters on it that anybody can make in their garage probably doesn't have enough IQ points to safely be a cop. Come on, now, REALLY?

What's to keep the criminal from making one of these in their garage or buying one off ebay?

Oh, wait, I know! Let's make fake CCW banners illegal to possess! Yeah, that's it! :-)
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Sitting gun in hand if BG is still an issue, phone on 911 to LEO in other hand waiting on officer. I have no use for a badge or reflective anything.

I can see the practical sides of the sash but if it were to be put into use I think it should only be issued to the ccw holder when receiving the license or upon renewal, like someone previously posted if anyone can buy them whats to stop criminals in obtaining them.

If they made one that said "Armed Sheepdog", and maybe put ranks on them like sergeant stripes or an oak leaf on it, they'd sell at least half a dozen on this site in a few minutes!
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast