Honest opinions please. Who here would use this product? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest opinions please. Who here would use this product?

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    http://www.dsmsafety.com/faqs.html

This came up in another thread, and I have not seen any mention of it from my forum lurking days.

I personally can't see myself as carrying or using it. It makes me think of the one my daughter has with her matching tiara.

But I would like to hear opinions if what other people think since this would be used post shooting versus the ever too much made fun of CCW badge.
    Great target....I would not wear one...Trust me when they arrive you will drop the weapon and assume the position and them they will sort it out. If anyone thinks this will make a difference you are drinking the Obama Kool-Aid.

Third page and no G50 input yet?

Someone is slipping...

By the way...I think the idea is ridiculous.

It's interesting people say it's a big target...did they not read it's post self defense? Why is that extremely important factor ignored? I would not wear it before or after, but at least I understand the description of the product. Who here is English not their first/primary language?

5. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    If they made one that said "Armed Sheepdog", and maybe put ranks on them like sergeant stripes or an oak leaf on it, they'd sell at least half a dozen on this site in a few minutes!
    Are you volunteering to put it around her neck?

Daisy says, "We don't need no stinkin' banners, sashes, badges, whatever the hell you want to call them!"
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

It's a non-starter in my opinion for just about all the reasons stated. If it were a required item that all states and local gov't accepted, that would be one thing.

But then again, yeah, all we need is one more requirement the gov't gives us that we must follow.

Yeah, non-starter!

KK

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    A CCW sash? Not in this lifetime! The whole point of concealed carry is NOT TO DRAW ATTENTION TO ONE'S SELF!!! If one wants to advertise the fact that they are carrying, open carry.
    You're joking right? This really isn't your serious answer. Please tell us you're joking! (I'm giving you an OUT here!) You're not supposed to walk around every day wearing it like a Boy Scout merit badge sash! You put it on after an active encounter and the LEO is on the way so you're easily discerned from the BG.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Are you volunteering to put it around her neck?

Daisy says, "We don't need no stinkin' banners, sashes, badges, whatever the hell you want to call them!"
    Awesome doggie rig. But I was right! You really ARE a sheepdog! :->

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    No way. My tiara will be made out of CCW badges. :P
    My tiara is black Kevlar with sequins that look like CCW badges in gold. Yeah. That's right! We're styling now Boy!

Actually i kind of agree, it's creepy and sensible at the same time. Every class I've ever taken has taught me to make the phone call and be precise in the description of yourself you give to the police dispatch so when LEO rolls up they know at least who made the call.

Somehow I don't think you average brain dead BG is going to have the forethought to have one of these ready for camouflage!

The honest answer.

I have never seen this concept before. It makes sense to a point. Donning the sash after an active shoot would at least make you stand out in the confusion that would exist.

But, as it was already pointed out, it's just something else to carry. For those of us that are fortunate to OC with the use of a gun belt this may not be a burden but those of us that CC, it's just something else to figure out where to keep it. I suppose it kind of looks like a belt knife pouch, but....

I just can't see me using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    http://www.dsmsafety.com/faqs.html

This came up in another thread, and I have not seen any mention of it from my forum lurking days.

I personally can't see myself as carrying or using it. It makes me think of the one my daughter has with her matching tiara.

But I would like to hear opinions if what other people think since this would be used post shooting versus the ever too much made fun of CCW badge.
    I wouldnt trust anybody I saw wearing one of those. Imagine a bank robber conveniently putting this on and becoming the good guy. Stupid idea.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast