Honest opinions please. Who here would use this product? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest opinions please. Who here would use this product?

I think they'd make a fantastic gift for the self-important firearm carriers on your holiday shopping list.

(note: I'm filling in for G50 until he gets here)
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

ok my honest opinion whould be that I do not see myself using one. Or recommending one to somebody.

So my question is this now....Since it looks like a beauty queen banner. Should you or the person deploying it answer the world hunger question??? and then smile and wave for the camera?

Sorry had to make the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I wouldnt trust anybody I saw wearing one of those. Imagine a bank robber conveniently putting this on and becoming the good guy. Stupid idea.
    Why does it take so long for someone to post common sense. There is absolutely no way to know if a person wearing a police sash is a LEO or a maniac.

For use AFTER a shooting.

Having not been in a shooting, I am not sure how I would react. I have been in a few altercations at adult beverage establishments though, and I know how the adrenalin was after those incidents. So.... finding my card that basically says I will give a statement after talking to my attorney and remembering to get my sash out of the car might be little hard to do. I don't think I would waste the money. YMMV

Now, for those who have been involved in numerous zombie attacks, had several occasions to draw your weapon, carry a CCW tiara badge, or are bonefied sheep doggies, (No offense intended for the real puppy above.) you should buy one. Perhaps two, you might need a back up in case the first one gets ripped.

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Phil: Your comment has some merit but there is one big problem I forsee. If the LEOs aren't indoctrinated into the use of this sash, it might be meaningless proposition.
    Fair enough. But - this is a new product, and it's being marketed to plainclothes police, security, etc, and just might catch on.

Also, the idea of a "revealable" patch identifying who the good guys are isn't exactly new. FBI, ATF, US Marshalls, and various sheriff departments have had something similar for a while, in the form of "tear away" panels on jackets and vests and stuff.

If nothing else, it's an interesting idea, that bears some serious consideration.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    It's nothing more than a piece of reflective tape with letters on it. Nothing but confusion and distractions to officers already likely to be in a dangerous situation. Any cop that would hesitate even a moment to trust a piece of tape with letters on it that anybody can make in their garage probably doesn't have enough IQ points to safely be a cop. Come on, now, REALLY?

What's to keep the criminal from making one of these in their garage or buying one off ebay?

Oh, wait, I know! Let's make fake CCW banners illegal to possess! Yeah, that's it! :-)
    Yeah yeah NavyLCDR. With you, the only correct answer is "OPEN CARRY!" :p
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by dabowl824 View Post
    I can see the practical sides of the sash but if it were to be put into use I think it should only be issued to the ccw holder when receiving the license or upon renewal, like someone previously posted if anyone can buy them whats to stop criminals in obtaining them.
    The website where you can purchase these does require proof that you are licensed to carry concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    If they made one that said "Armed Sheepdog", and maybe put ranks on them like sergeant stripes or an oak leaf on it, they'd sell at least half a dozen on this site in a few minutes!
    They do take custom orders. Website says to call for details.

So a quick review. The arguments against this product (from those who actually read about the product and understand its purpose and use) are:

1) It looks silly.

2) Law enforcement may not take it seriously / it may not matter if you wear it.

3) Bad guys could possibly catch on and make or buy one for themselves.

4) It takes up more space on the belt.

Arguments FOR the use of the product:

1) After a defensive shooting, it is one more step you can take to clearly identify yourself to law enforcement in advance of their arrival. "Hello, 911? There has been a shooting. Bad guy is down. Good guy is holding him at gunpoint, wearing jeans, a tee shirt, and a safety-yellow colored reflective banner."

2) Law enforcement MAY take it seriously, especially if an officer runs up on the scene after hearing shots, before you are able to make the call to 911.

3) While bad guys COULD make one for themselves...not as likely, at least not for a while.

4) It does't take up THAT much space on the belt. And if worn on the weak side with the magazine carrier, could actually help to balance out the firearm.

Again...something to think about.

Blog Entries
    Ccw sash its a joke, security lol. The police one I don't see a real need for except for off duty Leo who may come across a traffic accident at night. Now make one that is orange put happy holloween on it and have kids where it when trick or treating..... good idea

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast