Honest opinions please. Who here would use this product? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Honest opinions please. Who here would use this product?

Quote Originally Posted by wallyb View Post
    Why does it take so long for someone to post common sense. There is absolutely no way to know if a person wearing a police sash is a LEO or a maniac.
    Agreed! Better to have a Batman outfit on! At least the LEO would be able to discerne the BGs from the wackos. LOL!

We don't need no stinkin' badges, sashes, spandex outfits (Unless on "hot" starlets) or character testimonials/references. The "what to do" has been well gone over in these threads, ad infinitum. Leave it at that.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967:238672
    To the OP: You will get a lot of flak on this one ... half of it from people who don't even understand the item to begin with. I quote "I would not walk out of the house wearing this!". No, you certainly wouldn't. No more than you would wear adult diapers on top of your pants. People that want to mock an item should at least know what it is and how it works.
    Ok, fill us in here. (I believe this is the guy that initially brought up this product) What don't I know about what it is and how it works? It is a sash you deploy after a shooting to prevent a blue on blue or blue on ccw incident. Incidents that apparently occur apparently on average every 18 months. What did I miss? If you are going to call me out please provide more insight.

How bout this.... A hat... With a light.... Post shooting the hat lights up like a lighthouse and shoots fireworks into the sky... blue for police and orange for ccw and pink for Miss America. At the same time a strategically placed siren in the seat of your pants starts playing the Star Wars theme song. THAT will save lives. No one try to patent that before I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    We don't need no stinkin' badges, sashes, spandex outfits (Unless on "hot" starlets) or character testimonials/references. The "what to do" has been well gone over in these threads, ad infinitum. Leave it at that.

GG
    Ah come on GG, making fun of Sheepdogs and CCW Badges is kinda like a sport on these forums.

True, but I would rather a forum of informational value rather than entertainment value.... if I had my druthers.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Are you volunteering to put it around her neck?

Daisy says, "We don't need no stinkin' banners, sashes, badges, whatever the hell you want to call them!"
    Pinning a CCW Badge on Daisey would be a very bad idea, IMHO.

8. I'm not trying to put down this product. It's an attempt reduce risk, but doesn't necessarily mean it will lower risk.

Short of another police officer requesting assistance on the radio, in uniform, and near a marked police vehicle - everyone will have to comply with lawful orders until the area is safe. Simply having a sash, or CCW badge, or a police badge in plainclothes for that matter, won't give you protection or make the officer think you're one of the good guys.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Darn the double post, darn it all.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    OK, joking aside, what would be wrong with this kind of identification related item? Sexy Womens Green Lantern Super Hero Uniform Bodysuit Jumpsuit Halloween Costume | eBay
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    So a quick review. The arguments against this product (from those who actually read about the product and understand its purpose and use) are:

1) It looks silly.

2) Law enforcement may not take it seriously / it may not matter if you wear it.

3) Bad guys could possibly catch on and make or buy one for themselves.

4) It takes up more space on the belt.

Arguments FOR the use of the product:

1) After a defensive shooting, it is one more step you can take to clearly identify yourself to law enforcement in advance of their arrival. "Hello, 911? There has been a shooting. Bad guy is down. Good guy is holding him at gunpoint, wearing jeans, a tee shirt, and a safety-yellow colored reflective banner."

2) Law enforcement MAY take it seriously, especially if an officer runs up on the scene after hearing shots, before you are able to make the call to 911.

3) While bad guys COULD make one for themselves...not as likely, at least not for a while.

4) It does't take up THAT much space on the belt. And if worn on the weak side with the magazine carrier, could actually help to balance out the firearm.

Again...something to think about.
    The sashes and badges do seem very wanna be - mall ninja-ish. However, I do know of one case quite a few years ago, where the cops walked(were called) into a situation with several BG's and several fatalities. a GG had the final BG down at gunpoint when the (very wired) cops arrived and the GG ID'd as a GG with one of those POS dime store badges. The cops chewed his butt about it, but it kept him safe until the cops took everybody into custody. No officer involved accidental shootings that day.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast