Honest opinions please. Who here would use this product? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Honest opinions please. Who here would use this product?

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    OK, joking aside, what would be wrong with this kind of identification related item? Sexy Womens Green Lantern Super Hero Uniform Bodysuit Jumpsuit Halloween Costume | eBay
    I still like the Wonder Woman outfit.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    The sashes and badges do seem very wanna be - mall ninja-ish. However, I do know of one case quite a few years ago, where the cops walked(were called) into a situation with several BG's and several fatalities. a GG had the final BG down at gunpoint when the (very wired) cops arrived and the GG ID'd as a GG with one of those POS dime store badges. The cops chewed his butt about it, but it kept him safe until the cops took everybody into custody. No officer involved accidental shootings that day.
    So we have a sucessful CCW Badge use?!?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:240051
    The sashes and badges do seem very wanna be - mall ninja-ish. However, I do know of one case quite a few years ago, where the cops walked(were called) into a situation with several BG's and several fatalities. a GG had the final BG down at gunpoint when the (very wired) cops arrived and the GG ID'd as a GG with one of those POS dime store badges. The cops chewed his butt about it, but it kept him safe until the cops took everybody into custody. No officer involved accidental shootings that day.
    So we have a sucessful CCW Badge use?!?
    Wow, all we need to do now is show that glocks are a POS and you will never have anything to post about again.

I see that they do "custom" orders. I wonder how much it would cost to get one that reads "Dork" or "Mall Ninja".
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Why not just wear a frigg'n cape?
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I see that they do "custom" orders. I wonder how much it would cost to get one that reads "Dork" or "Mall Ninja".
    Sheepdog might be a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Sheepdog might be a better option.
    I would hope that no self respecting "sheepdog" type would wear this tacky crap.

cc badge

The badge will get you in trouble in Nebraska

The product was designed by a police officer specifically for use by plainclothes/off-duty police for ID after a shooting in an effort to avoid 'blue-on-blue' events and the tragedy that follows. It was later expanded to include the security and CCW labels as you can see.

The idea with the CCW model is to provide 1) a high visibility indicator (I believe he has some pictures comparing it with regular clothing and just a badge at night) that 2) gives you an extra second or two for the police arriving to sort you out. The idea is that the banner will make for some additional hesitation that could, under the circumstances, keep you from getting shot.

I would expect that you would still get proned out or restrained in some manner, but the main point is to keep them from immediately shooting you, especially if they come running up before you have secured your weapon after a shooting incident.

Obviously, if the local agencies get some kind of heads-up or briefing about it, it will work better.

Phillip Gain appears to have the best pro/con evaluation of the main points about this. I hope this background helps a bit with understanding about the product.
    www.inshadowinlight.com
    I don't care as much about making you more "tactical" as I do about making you better able to be the one still standing after the fight is over.

Quote Originally Posted by CR Williams View Post
    The product was designed by a police officer specifically for use by plainclothes/off-duty police for ID after a shooting in an effort to avoid 'blue-on-blue' events and the tragedy that follows. It was later expanded to include the security and CCW labels as you can see.

The idea with the CCW model is to provide 1) a high visibility indicator (I believe he has some pictures comparing it with regular clothing and just a badge at night) that 2) gives you an extra second or two for the police arriving to sort you out. The idea is that the banner will make for some additional hesitation that could, under the circumstances, keep you from getting shot.

I would expect that you would still get proned out or restrained in some manner, but the main point is to keep them from immediately shooting you, especially if they come running up before you have secured your weapon after a shooting incident.

Obviously, if the local agencies get some kind of heads-up or briefing about it, it will work better.

Phillip Gain appears to have the best pro/con evaluation of the main points about this. I hope this background helps a bit with understanding about the product.
    Still not enough to convince me to run out and buy one right now. If I don't have confidence in a LE Agency not shooting me, then I simply don't have any confidence. I won't mention any particular department(s), however there are several where I have serious doubts that after a shooting they would not shoot me by mistake. Heck, I'll bed these agencies would probably even manage to shoot one of their own "by mistake". No piece of equipment other than body armor will prevent me from getting shot.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast