Thinking of a new 1911 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of a new 1911

I bought a high standard 1911 GI model and I have been happy with it. I've put 3000k rounds through it and any accuracy problems are on my part. It's a solid working pistol that I carry everyday.

Well, as I posted earlier in this thread, I was trying to talk myself out of a Kimber. I was not convincing enough to myself and now am the proud owner of a Stainless Ultra II. Raptor.. Very nice little gun.

KK

Take a look at the American Classic "Amigo" - they come in different applications as well as finishes. The Gun Smith at Champion Arms in Kent Washington is Peter Dunn, the former lead engineer for Detonics, who says these guns are well built and with a little tuning up he will match them against some of the better brand names.
    These 1911's retail for about $489

I used to think High End 1911's were a waste of money. Then I was fortunate enough to be able to shoot one of Nighthawk Custom's Global Response Pistol's. I am now a believer in Quality High End Guns. The fit, finish and accuracy was outstanding. If you can find a range that has a high end 1911 for rent, it is worth the money to be able to compare them to a factory gun. I feel that if you can afford one you should buy it. As with most things, you get what you pay for.

6. I bought a Springfield 1911-A1 from a Bass Pro shop not too far from my hometown a few years ago for around $700. I love the balance of the gun, but the thing has jammed up on me on several occasions. So I don't carry it, it stays at home. My wife saw a gorgeous Kimber 1911 at a gun show last year, it was absolutely beautiful. But double the price of mine. One of these days I'll get around to investing in a nice one :)

My next 1911 will be a Springfield Marine Corps Operator.

Quote Originally Posted by eraserhead188:247186
    I bought a Springfield 1911-A1 from a Bass Pro shop not too far from my hometown a few years ago for around $700. I love the balance of the gun, but the thing has jammed up on me on several occasions. So I don't carry it, it stays at home. My wife saw a gorgeous Kimber 1911 at a gun show last year, it was absolutely beautiful. But double the price of mine. One of these days I'll get around to investing in a nice one :)
    One of the quirks of a lot of 1911s is figuring out what it eats. Mine jams on federals bit loves winchester. It goes with the territoy of 1911s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12