Can your revolver be loaded when carrying? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can your revolver be loaded when carrying?

Carry condition 1, an empty gun is a rock or club, in some states you cannot carry a club but can a rock.

Always check your local laws...but...

I've never heard of any place that prohibited carrying loaded, when you were licensed to carry concealed.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

4. Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    Always check your local laws...but...

I've never heard of any place that prohibited carrying loaded, when you were licensed to carry concealed.
    Well, the OP did not mention licensed. Carrying concealed may have different meanings for different people. For example, in Washington state a person with no license at all may have a handgun in the glovebox of their car. Some people might consider that to be carrying concealed (not I, but some might). In the case of the person without a license, the handgun in the glovebox in Washington state must be unloaded.

I will agree with you, I do not know of any place in the United States where a person with a valid concealed weapons permit is not permitted to have the gun loaded.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I guess the answer to what some may consider to be a stupid question may be, have you actually thought like a legislator yet? although the question may seem totally off the wall, these legislators seem to have made a profession of coming up with off the wall stuff. i guess carrying a weapon unloaded would be one of those that, to the normal mind, makes no sense, then you hit yourself realizing legislators have no such credentials. Many have only the ideal of preventing concealed carry by anyone, and seek to make the practice as uncomfortable, unreasonable or undoable as they can as they work their magic in successive approximations. It's the kind of crap they are promoting as the UN's agenda to block gun ownership in a country governed not by the UN, but by a Constitution, part of which is clearly the 2nd amendment.

This just brought back some memories of my Navy days. All the watches that carried guns had to carry them unloaded.

When I was in it was a .45 or a pump shotgun, unless there was an actual security breach or drill, then it was an M16 or M14, still unloaded with mags in another pouch.

I always wondered what would happen if there was a real need to use that weapon. I may have been able to handle it as guns have always been a hobby of mine but most who stood watches had a hard time remembering which way the magazines went into the well.
    KK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12