In need of some concealed carry advice! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In need of some concealed carry advice!

I go with the fannypack, it also carries my phone, insulin and other things.

Fanny pack all the time, including hikes, running, camping, etc with my .357 ... Just pull the strap tight on the waist to prevent slapping up and down... also provides the space for a 20oz JetFuel water bottle for rehydrating.

Blog Entries
    MaGill's makes a shirt with built-in holsters under each arm. It's like a t=shirt, so you might want to check them out. It's called the Undertech Undercover shirt. Go to Magill"s.com.

google kangaroo holster, think you will find this type might be in option

A 'belly band' with a 12 oz scandium revolver would work.

Quote Originally Posted by unclewayne17 View Post
    I go with the fannypack, it also carries my phone, insulin and other things.
    I see a lot of people with those at the gym. Doesn't look out of place there.

Quote Originally Posted by gnsmithAndy View Post
    MaGill's makes a shirt with built-in holsters under each arm. It's like a t=shirt, so you might want to check them out. It's called the Undertech Undercover shirt. Go to Magill"s.com.
    I own one of these and the high-ride "belly band.". This shirt fits like a second skin and holds the gun right next to your body, but if you're sweating, you're going to soak your gun!

The belly band I have comes from Stoner Holsters and is made from medical grade materials so it's made to ride against the body all day. An optional horsehide shield keeps the sweat off of the weapon and there is also room for a spare magazine. In the video on the website and at gun shows, the owner effectively produces a Desert Eagle from concealment under a T-shirt, so it does hold your weapon tight. There is accommodation for both small and large weapons, so everything from that monster down to a Lorcin .25 can be accommodated by the same band.

FWIW, in my carry class, a police officer trainer told us he never saw a person with a butt pack that he didn't assume was carrying a gun. He said those "concealed" packs became so synonymous with carrying he just assumes they all have a weapon in them. That got me wondering, if a street cop thinks that, do the criminals also? Is the word out on this concealment? Just something to think about as you choose. It may be your only option, but you don't want to lose your favorite EDC piece to a punk with a razor on a bike or skates who slits 1" of nylon and takes off with the whole thing. This is a modified purse-snatch technique and the reason women should not purse carry. Some carry purses come with a cable-reinforced strap to prevent this, but I have not seen this on the packs yet.

Just some food for thought as you make your choice. :)

I carry my Hi-Point C9 in a belly band made by Blue Stone (www. bluestonesafety.com). I've tried shoulder holsters and belt holsters, but really like the belly band I have now. Comes in various sizes, so you can get one that fits. It also has pockets for six spare magazines, in case you have to fight a war. Usually, you should be able to get by with just the one in the weapon, but who knows what will happen next?

Sportsmen Guide has the belly bans
    www.sportsmenguide.com check them out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12