How often has someone noticed your conceal? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How often has someone noticed your conceal?

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Luckily nobody with one exception. I do have a boring story about when I first started carrying and the gun popped out of a jacket pocket but there are enough stories here already... I've learned a lot since then as well.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

As far as I know that's 0 for me. Besides, I am German, have a short haircut and a very stern appearance so anybody noticing would probably think I'm a cop anyway. ;-)

After reading over the responses, I have to say I think some people here take themselves way too seriously...

5. As far as I know no one has.

6. really?

I have been carrying for over 20 years everyday,I don't know how many times some has noticed and don't really care. I always carry with my weapon covered well and most of the time I wear a vest also.right there should tell anyone or any law officer that knows why people wear a cover vest that I am armed I don't go around flashing my side arm but if you know what to look for at any given time or place you should be able to know who's carrying and who isn't

7. You know, some people do wear vests without being armed!

Ten years, no one has ever noticed.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

'Been carrying for a good while now and so far no one noticed as far as I know...but Friday morning (we were in Texas for the weekend...) I went to find my husband where all the airplanes were all in tie-downs, with some getting ready to go out and play. Anyway, night before the Cardinals won the World Series against Texas. One guy he was talking to (he turned out to be an old friend from way back..) mentioned the Cardinals, opened the door of his truck, and pretended to grab his gun. I immediately placed my left hand over my shirt covering my carry on the right. I have never been so embarrassed in my life until then. Long story short, everyone in the flying club now knew. Next time when and if the Cardinals win against the Rangers again I will just stick a target behind his bomber jacket and at the back of his head and leave him with his friends. LOL
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    'Been carrying for a good while now and so far no one noticed as far as I know...but Friday morning (we were in Texas for the weekend...) I went to find my husband where all the airplanes were all in tie-downs, with some getting ready to go out and play. Anyway, night before the Cardinals won the World Series against Texas. One guy he was talking to (he turned out to be an old friend from way back..) mentioned the Cardinals, opened the door of his truck, and pretended to grab his gun. I immediately placed my left hand over my shirt covering my carry on the right. I have never been so embarrassed in my life until then. Long story short, everyone in the flying club now knew. Next time when and if the Cardinals win against the Rangers again I will just stick a target behind his bomber jacket and at the back of his head and leave him with his friends. LOL
    Way to go girl! Have you ever considered the Air Marshall service? I would feel a lot safer with you on the plane.
    Happily clinging to God and my guns...not at all bitter.

Among the other mental exercises I typically engage in when in public, I enjoy examining people to try to figure out the following:

1 - Are they dressed in such a way that they COULD carry concealed.
    2 - If so, where could they be carrying, and can I see any sign of it.

I've learned a lot from this exercise, including a more focused awareness of the people around me. But also, it is surprising, especially in the city in summer, how many people are OBVIOUSLY not carrying. Skin tight, and not much there at all. Especially women. It's like a sign to would-be BGs, "easy victim here." I can't understand how anyone would do this to themselves. Leave SOME mystery about yourself!

Anyway, to answer the original question, I have never been made, that I know of. That's the hard part. People aren't likely to say anything. On the other hand, people who know I carry have often commented that they can't ever tell if I'm carrying. Guess that's worth some points.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast