A LEO with PMS?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A LEO with PMS??

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    For her to cuff him was out of line.
    Chicago cops had the same attitude toward the cop who savagely beat and stomped the barmaid.

They let him hang out in "rehab" for days, then when they arrested him, he wasn't cuffed.

But then based on numerous statements, a lot of cops don't appear to think he actually did anything WRONG... other than getting caught on video.

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Once she knew he was an officer she should have lowered her level of aggression. For her to cuff him was out of line.

For him to be running this fast to get to a 2nd job was also out of line.

She should have turned this situation over to her supervisor and allowed him to follow up with PD. When her dispatcher told her to back off she should have followed the direction. She had the plate number and everything could be addressed later.

In the end his department should suspend him and require some level of retraining.
    Let me add that his department will and should apply the level of punishment they see fit.
    Sorry but this is an on going problem with Miami city cops. It won't stop until some of them are made examples of. Cuffing him was well within her right. The off duty cop should have been given a ride to the Dade County jail and booked.

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105:241469

And I'm sure you have not sped to the extent you were a danger to the public!...
    I want to add, two wrongs don't make a right.

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105:241394
    Where in my post did I same he should not receive a citation.
    A citation does not have to be issues there...
    He was way past a citation. With that traffic, he was in my mind committing a felony for putting all those people in danger. Maybe my judgment is harsh, but I would be furious if he got anything less than a gross misdemeanor. Eluding and going over 100 mph is not a citation.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Eluding and going over 100 mph is not a citation.
    Apparently some people think even the citation is too "harsh" for a cop.

But then I've seen people who think probation is too "harsh" for a felonious assault on a woman... at least if the perpetrator is a cop.

From what I have seen, I think she was right for wanting to pull him over. What was wrong is that she didn't follow orders.

When you fail to follow orders, whatever they are, the chain of command breaks down.

This case turned out to be a real can of worms for her and her department.I think he should have been stopped and arrested but the fact still remains she did not follow orders and back off. It wasn't a life and death situation that she just had to act in the moment.

I guess she may not have known he was really a police officer and it may have been a stolen cruiser and I really don't know why she was told to back off, but she was.

That's the time to let the supervisor take the heat if there was any coming.

It's easy to say how things should have been done now that we know the whole story. She didn't at the time of the stop, her supervisor didn't know either but he did give her an order. The speeder wasn't holding a gun to anyone's head. Yes, he was endangering lives but then so was she.

This is one of those times when we can sit and think about it and figure out what we really want to say and how it should have been handled.

For me, it all comes down to the fact that she didn't follow orders.

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter:241554
    From what I have seen, I think she was right for wanting to pull him over. What was wrong is that she didn't follow orders.

When you fail to follow orders, whatever they are, the chain of command breaks down.

This case turned out to be a real can of worms for her and her department.I think he should have been stopped and arrested but the fact still remains she did not follow orders and back off. It wasn't a life and death situation that she just had to act in the moment.

I guess she may not have known he was really a police officer and it may have been a stolen cruiser and I really don't know why she was told to back off, but she was.

That's the time to let the supervisor take the heat if there was any coming.

It's easy to say how things should have been done now that we know the whole story. She didn't at the time of the stop, her supervisor didn't know either but he did give her an order. The speeder wasn't holding a gun to anyone's head. Yes, he was endangering lives but then so was she.

This is one of those times when we can sit and think about it and figure out what we really want to say and how it should have been handled.

For me, it all comes down to the fact that she didn't follow orders.

KK
    I don't think she was ordered by a superior to back off. Do you have another article stating that? The dispatcher said, "oh if it's another patrol car, just have her back off." It very well could of been her commanding officer, but the dispatch for the last 911 service I was associate with the commanding officers weren't in dispatch 99% of the time. 911 in my area dispatched police, sheriff, fire, EMS, not state troopers though.

122 mph in traffic is not life or death? I think it is just like holding a gun to someones head with your finger on the trigger.

Edit: It could of been her superior on his personal radio...forgot about those hah....

Wait, what cop pulls over a cop. Seriously shes an idiot. Not to mention she endangered everyone by ensuing a persuit and pulling him in the far left shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidr1:241793
    Wait, what cop pulls over a cop. Seriously shes an idiot. Not to mention she endangered everyone by ensuing a persuit and pulling him in the far left shoulder.
    Cops shouldn't police each other? Why is that? But to answer your question, a good cop pulls over a bad cop. A bad cop let's another bad cop go.

And how was it her choice to pull over to the left shoulder? When I was pulled over it was my choice where to stop, and I usually would keep driving until I was in an area I felt I was safe from abuse. The thought process that occured in your mind and ended up going out your finger tips was as fast as that miami cop was speeding through traffic. I am glad she caught that criminal before he killed someone.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidr1 View Post
    Wait, what cop pulls over a cop.
    The kind who respects the law and upholds the public trust. There aren't enough of them.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidr1:241793
    A cop that isn't full of crap that thinks they are above the law. This is why we need citizen review boards that have the ability to terminate the employment of law enforcement officers.

IF YOU CAN'T OBEY THE LAW YOU CAN'T ENFORCE THE LAW.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast