A LEO with PMS??
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A LEO with PMS??

A LEO with PMS??

Your thoughts?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1258746705001/

Why does a police officer, someone who is suppose to be upholding the law, have a right to break the law when it pleases him? She was doing her job as a police officer. Did she go to far? Possibly, but what if the car had been stolen? How was she to know? Would any officer have acted differently if they had been chasing someone else in an unmarked car for several minutes at over 100mph? Probably not.

Leo or not, all women has PMS. Ask my husband. <g>
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

couldnt click on link

Speeding 120 while off duty= idiot. Good job to the female state trooper.

She did her job.

FL State Trooper video

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Leo or not, all women has PMS. Ask my husband. <g>
    I'll admit to occasional PMS, but my HUSBAND also gets PMS ... My excuse is hormonal fluctuation--what's his excuse? :)

As for the video, I think the Trooper was in the right. The Miami Police vehicle did not have their lights on, the Trooper followed the police car for several minutes with no indication from the police car of compliance or to back off (if they were enroute to something official), and so the Trooper is left to deal with the situation as you would any other law breaker.

In the end, it was discovered that the off-duty Miami police officer was driving 100+ mph because he was "late to his 2nd job." That means 1) he was a civilian driving 100+ mph, 2) he was a civilian ignoring the Trooper's flashing lights, and 3) for all the Trooper knew he was a civilian with a stolen police vehicle. If someone is willing to steal a police vehicle, they might also be willing to do a LEO harm. I see no problem with approaching the vehilce with gun drawn--how does the Trooper know who is driving???

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Is this link better? Arrest Triggers War Between Police Agencies - Fox News Video - Fox News You're welcome.

Having worked 911 dispatch for awhile back when along with my wife's daughter a being a city cop and meeting several along the way, I can tell you there is a strong elitist mentality among many LEO's. Many feel they are above any traffic law and deserve much more by way of job perks than the rest of society. Omaha cops have a four day work week and a retirement package that rivals, well, it's a taxpayor's nightmare. Of course, the police union thinks draining the city is never an issue...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Once she knew he was an officer she should have lowered her level of aggression. For her to cuff him was out of line.

For him to be running this fast to get to a 2nd job was also out of line.

She should have turned this situation over to her supervisor and allowed him to follow up with PD. When her dispatcher told her to back off she should have followed the direction. She had the plate number and everything could be addressed later.

In the end his department should suspend him and require some level of retraining.
    Let me add that his department will and should apply the level of punishment they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Once she knew he was an officer she should have lowered her level of aggression. For her to cuff him was out of line.

For him to be running this fast to get to a 2nd job was also out of line.

She should have turned this situation over to her supervisor and allowed him to follow up with PD. When her dispatcher told her to back off she should have followed the direction. She had the plate number and everything could be addressed later.

In the end his department should suspend him and require some level of retraining.
    If I endangered the public by driving 100+ mph (never mind eluding), _I_ would not be allowed to avoid the criminal justice system. Why should a cop, who UNDOUBTEDLY knows better?

You can't break the law AND enforce it.

One law for everyone or no law at all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast