misdemeanor domestic violence conviction - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: misdemeanor domestic violence conviction

Hey BUBBA, look here, fresh meat...

3. DV

Done Deal sorry

Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    You are facing a Federal case if caught with a firearm. Possession of a firearm by a non-permitted person (convicted of DV classifies you as a non-permitted person) is a Federal crime punishable by prison time.
    Five years in jail, not reducable by parole, because federal time is hard time. That is the sentence if caught posessing a firearm by a prohibited person.

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    Thanks guys..ill just say piss on it and carry one anyway
    Sorry...You are exactly the reason why we women should carry a gun.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

6. Im sorry i guess its been only 6 years,I did't blacken anybodys eyes and no iam not a free loader i just thought the name sounded neat,Iam a racecar driver and father of 8 year old twin boys who love to hunt and fish,The reason i got the domestic is because i did a back ground check on a guy my girlriend was seeing and it came up that the guy had just got out of prison for killing his infant son by holding him like a football and running its head into a wall,so i was very concerned about him being around my twins,2 years old at the time.When i found out i called the the boys mom and told her about the guy and they both went and put a restraining order on me.Then i find out the guy is throwing one of my boys on his bed and standing over him til he shuts up and dunked his head in his bowl of cereal and milk,carrying him by the hoody on his sweatshirt,i did call authorities and it was all denied and later on a 2 page statement wrote out by her saying it all happended,anyway you get the point,all i did was argue with her to get my children away and i finaly did it so i guess it was worth it.I just wanted to protect my family and no i wont carry a loaded firearm with me anywhere without a permit, i just wonder why its asking that on the application? why wouldn't the just put on there if you have been convicted of a domestic don't waste our time or yours sending in a application.

7. Bad idea bro. But thanks for reminding us that we carry guns because of the illegally carrying criminals with no regard for the law.

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader:241962
    Thanks guys..ill just say piss on it and carry one anyway
    So your a coward that abuses & admittingly a person with no concern for the laws that sustain our freedoms and society; moreover you wanna arm yourself to further perpetuate your lifestyle & behaviour? Did you know the penial system was designed to house people just like you? Hopefully you'll find your way home soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Sorry...You are exactly the reason why we women should carry a gun.
    You know, most of the time when I hear someone has a DV or similar conviction, I try to take it with a grain of salt. I know there's another side to the story. But I have to admit, his "piss on it" comment does make me think he probably earned the rap.

And BTW, one of these days, freeloader, you're going to run into a woman who hits back.

I have a friend with the same problem, when 18 he got a DV, prior to the lautenberg bill. He still cannot buy a handgun. cannot find a lawyer to take the case. No, he didnt hit her, but he is still paying the price. We are trying to get this figured out so he can legally own a handgun. Very hard to get this fixed. My advise to freeloader is to get things fixed if you can or you will be in for a big suprise. It is a long road but worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    You know, most of the time when I hear someone has a DV or similar conviction, I try to take it with a grain of salt. I know there's another side to the story. But I have to admit, his "piss on it" comment does make me think he probably earned the rap.

And BTW, one of these days, freeloader, you're going to run into a woman who hits back.
    I agree 2 sides of the sotry and you have bad witnesses. Happen a friend of mine. But to just break the law is bad news. I mean with a firearm. J walking type most ppl had done nobodies perfect. But firearms bad news for use if he makes the News.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast