misdemeanor domestic violence conviction - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: misdemeanor domestic violence conviction

1. Doesn't sound like he denied taking the law into his hands so fact finding is a little pointless. He basically told s story of a couple deserving a lot more than even the OP did

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Doesn't sound like he denied taking the law into his hands so fact finding is a little pointless. He basically told s story of a couple deserving a lot more than even the OP did
    Are you suggesting he was justified in beating up his ex wife because her boyfriend abused his son?

At my first meeting with a client they always want to tell me how innocent they are. I remind them that the jury will not determined that they are innocent, it will only determine whether or not they are guilty. I tell them we need to start with "what does the government claim you did" instead of "what didn't you do...."

Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    Quite true, no parole. Plus with those sentencing guidelines you could be doing a lot more than just five years. Federal judges aren't bound by the sentencing guidelines, but a lot of them will follow them. There is a huge book available that lists the guidelines. If you have a criminal record, you could be doing additional time. Should you get five years, there is almost always supervised release after release from prison, and if you screw that up, you could be doing a lot more time that your original sentence.

Translation: Don't do it unless you want the taxpayers to pay for your housing and food for a long time.
    Yeah, I was trying to keep things simple, but you are right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion:242206
    Maybe you guys should hear the actual story before jumping on the judgemental bandwagon? He didn't say felony DV with assault and battery so I'm guessing it was something stupid. In most states if the cops are notified someone's going to jail in a DV situation, even something small and stupid. I'm totally against DV but I don't see why 20 different people need to repeat the same thing here. Sometimes the law fails us as its been proven time and time again.
    This is true, the poor guy let his emotions take over. Let tnus be a lesson boys and girls, lawyers are always the best mouthpiece when dealing with baby mama situations. A good lawyer would have gotten it cleared up to the point that the tard endangering the children got caught, your baby's mama probably charged with something fairly nasty with loss of custody, and you would have gotten your kids back along with child support... and no DV albatross hanging around your neck. lawyers are expensive until it involves children, women, or getting branded a BG for the rest of your life. My heart goes out to you, but you will always be officially the BG as far as the law and most of society,is concerned. Should have handled smarter.

Freeloader, you never said what you did that got you in trouble. I believe at one point you said you argued or something, but for the most part, you only describe what the boyfriend did to the kids. So what exactly did you do??
    Surely there is a general bias against males in many DV situations, but nowadays many states have to take both parties involved if they are called. All I have to say is that domestic violence is far from being a normal or small thing. Perhaps it is just me, and it probably is, but I am more pickier about who I date. I wouldnt marry a woman who I didnt trust. And I surely wouldnt have kids until I was married, and if there was ever an instance of cheating, I would divorce, If there was ever the slightest possibility of child abuse, I would call 911 immediately. And I would certainly never scream at, intimidate, or hit a woman. I also avoid taking justice into my own hands. My advice for you is to control your temper, and date better women, the kind that dont cheat on you.

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Freeloader,
    I strongly reccomend doing what others have advised you to do. Call an Attorney
    The last thing you want is an Felony Conviction on Weapon Charges, to go along with the Domestic violence Conviction.
    Does "cutting your nose off to spite your face" ring a bell?

Thataway Free. CC anyhow. Show us how responsible you really are. And you are complaining about not being given permission?

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    Thanks guys..ill just say piss on it and carry one anyway
    Go ahead and carry anyway. Enjoy the minimum mandatory sentence. A willingness to commit a felony justifies the reasoning for the denial.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    Ok,enough of the cuts you guys, what would you do if your ol lady and her new boyriend were xxxxing with your 2 yr old kid and the guy just got out of prison for killing his infant baby,would you argue with your ol lady about it of would you pull that gun you have on your side? thats what i thought.
    That's another example. I doubt many of us would strap on a gun and go over to the ex-wife's house to deal with her boyfriend. That shows a tempermnent not suited to firearms ownership. Most of us would work with CPS, family court and an attorney.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

11. I checked into what i thought was a D.V.was dismissed and I was givin a disorderly conduct..
    I was joking when i said i would carry one anyway,iam not that frickin dumb,To you people that understood my
    story thank you for your support and for you negative one's make sure you know who your shooting at before you pull the trigger!! make sure you turn and run if someone decides to start an argument with you, with that gun strapped on your side,because if you don't garanteed you will never carry a gun again,and it wont even be your fault, This new law is a way for our gov't to know who the good shooters are and who has the guns..They will be at your house first when when it comes time to round up the guns,It will be when you least exspect it
    Its already started in WI with felons that have bought deer license and registered deer,they are going to there door and asking them who shot the deer for them,when they say my buddie did the DNR says Were you there when he shot it? and either way the buddy is screwed or they both are,because the buddy cant shot the deer unless the felon is within 1oo feet of him and a felon cant be within 50 feet of a firearm.So the DNR said
    said lets take a look in your house for meat and firearm or we can just sit here and wait for a warrant or you can just hand over the guns you have and avoid all the mess of tearing your house apart,so he gave them to him. It was a guy from rice lake wi ,barron county.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast