misdemeanor domestic violence conviction - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: misdemeanor domestic violence conviction

1. the other way around the shooter cant shoot unless the tag holder is within 50 feet and the felon cant be within 100 feet of a firearm so either way its a good way for them to get the felons guns.

Don't judge people. In certain states, you can get a domestic violence charge just by being in an argument with someone you live with,and during said argument you break something,say like a ash tray on the ground(malicious mischief in the 3 degree "D.V."). Then person gets mad and calls police. Your arrested, and if "convicted", your life is ruined. No guns,no good job. And you didn't even have to touch anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by spf159753 View Post
    Don't judge people. In certain states, you can get a domestic violence charge just by being in an argument with someone you live with,and during said argument you break something,say like a ash tray on the ground(malicious mischief in the 3 degree "D.V."). Then person gets mad and calls police. Your arrested, and if "convicted", your life is ruined. No guns,no good job. And you didn't even have to touch anyone.
    You, and no one else, owns your reaction to what other people say and do. Breaking something during a domestic argument is an indication that you are not in control of your anger.

5. Quote Originally Posted by spf159753 View Post
    Don't forget verbal assault as well. Call a domestic partner the male or female "B" word and there you go....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I can't comment about your state, but where I live, it can be expunged if it is over 5 years ago and you have a clean record. It takes some work and $$ but it can be done. In my state, you don't need a lawyer, you just go to the Dept of Public Safety, run a records check on yourself to get the details. They give you instructions on what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I gotta ask...did you blacken one or both of her eyes?
    She just wouldn't listen... ;-)
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789