Concealed carry: What does it mean to you? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed carry: What does it mean to you?

Quote Originally Posted by fourmula766 View Post
    My favorite response to when someone asks me why I carry... "Because every victim believed it would never happen to them".....
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What he said.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Pure and simple: I ccw because I can and I would be stupid not to know why I do it (must I really explain), and what to do and when to do it with my firearm. How much more does anyone need to know?

I think it boils down to "ya gotta do what ya gotta do". It's a survival thing.

Although I have to tell ya, it really ticks me off to have to believe that I have to "carry" to protect myself and mine from the depredations of the anti-socials. I mean, aren't we supposed to be living the the "most wonderful, peaceful, kindly, freedom loving" society on the planet? Isn't widespread unlawful activity the supposed bane of the "unsophisticated" Countries?

Well, reality of the matter is.... We can wrap all the technology, prosperity, education, civility and "rules" we like around us and call it civilization, but we are still but an evolutionary heartbeat away from the savage, survival determined species we started out as.

Think about it. Evolution of a species takes multi thousands of years, if not millions. Man's recorded history spans but 5000 (outside best estimate) and even THAT only shows an unnerving tendency toward perpetual internicene savagery!

We are still eons from making that leap to "Uber Menchen" of Philosophical ideal.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

To me it is very simple. I refuse to let the lazy, cowardly, drug addicted, bullying, thieving, people in this country have or gain control over me and mine. I hope that every honorable, law abiding, self respecting person in this country has or attains the same opinion. We can take the "streets" back and make our country once again the best, and safest to live in. I carry to not only protect my family, but to illustrate a point....BG will not win and I will do my best to be the victor.

What doe's concealed mean to me?, I cant answer that!, Because concealed means concealed, I dont advertise, what, where, how, why, or any other reason I carry, to anyone I dont know, my family know's I carry, Most of my friends know I carry, I say most, Because, I dont just tell my friends, If or when they find out, That's when they'll know, If they wish to know why, I may or may not disclose that, All depend's on reason they give me, As to why they want to know

7. I used to live in Vegas; need I say more . Unfortunately the crime drove me out (8yrs enough ) . But they never (criminals never got their hands on me or got my money ) thank God !!! About 10 attempts . STAY ALLERT ALWAYS !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12