Urgent Going to New Mexico - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Going to New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
    I feel your pain too. I will be heading to Oregon and will be in the same position. They have open carry too.
    Except some cities like Portland that are like CA. Verify the laws for where you are going.

3. I made it to New Mexico just fine. Glock was still in my bag when I got in baggage claim. Going to send in my paperwork for my Florida when I get home. I should have that in the mail before I come back down here in a month or so. In the meantime, I'll have it in the car. I've got the safe hooked up by cable to the seat frame. I'll have it in the Marriott room. Not going to try to open carry. My main reason for bringing it is the state of the art shooting range down here called "Calliber's". We have nothing like that in Duluth and it's something for me to do during the day while my wife is at work. Thanks for all the tips!!! Now, we'll see how it goes at the Albuquerque Airport when I head home on Thursday.

When you run into situations like this its best to call the State Police to verify and / or the county sheriffs department. However it's looking as they don't honer either. MN is well received in the Southwest.

5. Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    When you run into situations like this its best to call the State Police to verify and / or the county sheriffs department. However it's looking as they don't honer either. MN is well received in the Southwest.
    Call the state police or the county sheriff's department and you will only get the person's opinion who is on the other end of the phone. It may be correct or incorrect, you will have no idea what is correct or not, and no judge is going to care about what some phone answering file clerk told you on the phone.

The three biggest sources of MISinformation regarding firearms laws has been historically proven to be law enforcement officers, gun store employees, and CCW instructors.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I hope you enjoyed shooting at Calibers. I have found the people to be friendly and willing to help whenever I have shot there. Some of their prices seemed to be a bit high, however.
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

Neither One Is Accepted

Although NM does not accept either one, you can legally carry conceal in your vehicle without a CCW and, open carry in certain areas.

8. Caliber's was great!!! Yes, some stuff was a little high priced, but that's just like any gun shop here in MN. I did get a $80 Galco holster there on clearance for $27!!! IWB and I'm done searching for the right one now. I forget my G 23 is even there. This includes while in the drivers seat!!

9. Oh, I forgot to mention, my FL permit should be in my hands in 2 weeks, so I'll be legal to CC when I go back there after Xmas!

Not just hard liquor. Any place that sells any alcoholic beverage for on or off premises consumption.

11. Utah does not have a reciprocity agreement with New Mexico however Minnesota does. Below is as link to the reciprocity map I use.

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast