Condition 3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condition 3

Condition 3

Is C3 considered a Loaded Firearm under Federal Law?
    If anyone has a link or site I would appreciate it.
    "An Armed Society is a polite Society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his Acts with his Life." -Robert Heinlein.

Condition 3 is no round in the chamber and hammer not cocked, magazine in gun is loaded, It is a great way to be stabbed or killed before you can rack a round in. review several videos my guess is it is not considered an empty gun under federal law.

Yup loaded gun in my State = 1 in the chamber or loaded mag inserted.

Warning they call a magazine a clip :)
    RCW 9.41.010: Terms defined.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure I'm gunna carry a brick in a holster for SD purposes. Anyway, if ya want a dose of reality in regard to the idea of defending yourself, check this out:

Condition one is slow enough for many of us as it is!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

yup 21 foot rule.Several test showed trained ppl needed 21foot to be successful in firing shots. On an average when you need to draw in condition one. You can find all kinds of test on You tube.

To answer the OP's question:

There is no definition of loaded or unloaded in Federal law.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/us...0_I_20_44.html
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    To answer the OP's question:

There is no definition of loaded or unloaded in Federal law.
    Yes but there are State Laws or State definitions

9. in Ohio it is

In Ohio if you have a loaded magazine or a loaded speed loader which is in thee same area as the gun it is considered loaded. It does not even need to be in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Yes but there are State Laws or State definitions
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkX View Post
    In Ohio if you have a loaded magazine or a loaded speed loader which is in thee same area as the gun it is considered loaded. It does not even need to be in the gun.
    The OP specifically asked about Federal law.

And in Ohio, that definition only applies for firearms in vehicles.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Navy: I thank you, Iron: Im following up on my state inquiry. Everyone else thank you as well but I think I posted this topic in the wrong section. This is related to having a HD SG in the bedroom; C3. Holidays mean visitors & this is the 1st yr we're hosting @ our home EVER. Needless to say some of my family & their kids are very uncooth,loud & obnocious and its been that way for a reason. Finally gave in to the Wife.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast