Robbery Scenario - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Robbery Scenario

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,450
    I agree with most of what Mr. Gain had to say. I do agree the ego crap comment may have been somewhat out of line. But, he was emphasizing a point. He is absolutely right on point about reading other factors and acting accordingly; and the FACT that going to your firearm may not always be best.

    The one thing in the scenario that concerns me is todays criminals are more violent than they once were. So, getting shot anyway is a REAL possibility. This is why I am going to hand him my wallet.

    Assuming that the BG is right handed, I will be handing him my wallet with my left hand. During this time I will be looking for an opportunity to help insure he will not be able to shoot wifey or myself. The manner in which he is holding his gun and his proximity to my person, really does open a huge problem --- problem for him.

    If he hasn't pulled the trigger by the time I hand him my wallet, I suspect he will be going to the hospital or pehaps the morgue before he finds another victim.

    That's no ego BS talking. I'm just speaking TRUTH.

    -

  2.   
  3. #22
    Why carry two wallets if you plan to shoot him anyway? Throw you normal wallet, shoot and retrieve? Also, I agree he may shoot you after you comply, but why not just shoot you first and remove the wallet(s) off your carcass? That seems much easier....perhaps that would draw too much attention and not give him time to escape before removing your goods?

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by KCD1974:242829
    Why carry two wallets if you plan to shoot him anyway? Throw you normal wallet, shoot and retrieve? Also, I agree he may shoot you after you comply, but why not just shoot you first and remove the wallet(s) off your carcass? That seems much easier....perhaps that would draw too much attention and not give him time to escape before removing your goods?
    After I draw and fire, I leave for safety and call 911, I don't stick around to mess with the attackers body, or tamper with evidence.

    Also about the shoot first, it's a large step for anyone to go from robbery to murder. I would think it's much harder to kill someone if their goal was a few bucks. Now if the goal was tens of thousands, that's a completely different bad guy good guy scenario.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1:242786
    These hypothetical situations are impossible to comment on. No one here could tell you what they'll do until it happens. Not until they experience the physiological and psychological affects of a life/death situation. The bravest intentions may turn. People make comments about the capability of the attacker because the gun may be turned "ghetto" style. Trust me, this stuff happens in seconds and these thoughts never enter one's mind. Also, the scene may play out in any number of ways.

    We get this stuff in class all the time. We can teach someone a skill set but we can never teach the exact reactions to a specific situation. The defender must employ the learned skills in a manner that best fits the situation. Sometimes you just hand-over the goods. Sometimes you break the perp's OODA loop.


    I will respectfully disagree. I commented on this scenario, there for it's possible. Whether or not that's what will happen, well I agree I don't know, but i'm better prepared training my mind with these hypothetical situations than if I did not think about them.

    When our fight or flight kicks in, we are going to take in such a massive amount of information, most of us won't know what to do with it. But isn't that the purpose of training? To get better at absorbing the information and transferring it to reaction?

    I don't train thinking, "I am doing this, but when shtf I probably will do something else." I train because when shtf that is where I will revert back to.

  6. #25
    Immediate reaction drills. Same-same military.

    May not be the "best" action to take, situationally, but beats the heck out of "freezing" in place.

    Ya pays your money and takes your chances.

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  7. My wallet is a slim clip, one of those as seen on tv things and its in my front pocket. I highly suggest everyone here googles it and consider one for yourself, especially the people using 2 wallets. Where my wallet would be is my TCP in a wallet holster

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I will respectfully disagree. I commented on this scenario, there for it's possible. Whether or not that's what will happen, well I agree I don't know, but i'm better prepared training my mind with these hypothetical situations than if I did not think about them.

    When our fight or fight kicks in, we are going to take in such a massive amount of information, most of us won't know what to do with it. But isn't that the purpose of training? To get better at absorbing the information and transferring it to reaction?

    I don't train thinking, "I am doing this, but when shtf I probably will do something else." I train because when shtf that is where I will revert back to.
    Agreed, exactly what Im trying to get at

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:242862
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I will respectfully disagree. I commented on this scenario, there for it's possible. Whether or not that's what will happen, well I agree I don't know, but i'm better prepared training my mind with these hypothetical situations than if I did not think about them.

    When our fight or fight kicks in, we are going to take in such a massive amount of information, most of us won't know what to do with it. But isn't that the purpose of training? To get better at absorbing the information and transferring it to reaction?

    I don't train thinking, "I am doing this, but when shtf I probably will do something else." I train because when shtf that is where I will revert back to.
    Agreed, exactly what Im trying to get at
    That's two now....what's the world coming too? ? ?

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    As for Phillip's response, he only posted on this thread to tear apart a person's possible scenario calling it "ego driven crap". I am glad I did not take his class and get nothing but "conservative" answers that go around a question rather than make any attempt to discuss possible solutions to it. Just like politicians, they go around questions rather than confront them, and only offer BS "conservative" answers that accomplish nothing. Watch a debate or the news and watch how a reporter asks a politician a direct question and the politician goes around it pointing out the obvious or saying general statements people lVike to hear.
    Let's review which parts of the post were ego-driven crap:

    If you comply with his requests, you become a victim and your concealed carry gun you train with every month becomes a worthless hunk of junk in your waistband.
    This statement implies that if you choose to comply with the mugger's demands, that you are somehow less of a person. A wuss or wimp. EGO-DRIVEN CRAP. Complicity MAY be the smart choice, depending on the circumstances. When it comes to survival, only a fool takes options off the table due to pride and ego.

    Then again, if you do nothing, what does that say to your wife who expects you to be defending her with that pistol you had to convince her is important to carry.
    Here is what is implied in this statement:

    1) "If a man does not choose the aggressive course of action, the woman will think less of him."

    2) "Women are poor defenseless souls and expects men to take care of them."

    3) "Women have no understanding of firearms, and it is difficult for a man to convince a woman that owning one is a good thing."

    4) "In this scenario, if the man does not choose the more aggressive course of action and use his firearm...the bitchy-shrew woman will never let him live it down and will nag him or otherwise force him to get rid of his firearms, because she no longer is convinced they are useful."

    Can we say EGO-DRIVEN NEGATIVE FEMALE STEREOTYPES?? Even if they happen to be true for a particular man and woman, THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT when trying to survive a dangerous situation.

    I continue to stand by what I said previously.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

  11. These forums are garbage. Bunch of douchers. Hey let's all argue on every post for no damn reason whatsoever!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast