Robbery Scenario - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: Robbery Scenario

  1. #31
    I have no idea what I would do as each situation is different. I have recently read a statistic that will certainly have weight on any decision that I make. If in an armed robbery situation you do nothing you have a 25% chance of serious injury or death. If in the same situation you respond with your own gun you have a six percent chance of serious injury or death. If I am correct this information came out "Gun Facts" Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths This is a great read but is also 112 pages long so be prepared.

    I am not going to try to figure out how the criminal mind works. I have been around enough of them to know that they do not think the way I do. They love getting away with crimes. They will commit a crime just for the rush and if they like violence then it will not matter whether you comply or not.

    This has been a good thought provoking post with little of the unpleasantness that can sometimes occur. Thanks for starting it.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Hey Cotillion: Listen to your comments and then tell me who is the "doucher". You don't like the forum and its members don't bother visiting the site.
    Hey Caribou: Don't just believe a "statistic" that you "read" to make any kind of informed decision about what you might or might not do. First off, every situation is different and secondly, how in the world any kind of "statistic" such as this can even be developed to the point of absolute fact is far fetched---IMHO.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,004
    Would this work?

    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    Let's review which parts of the post were ego-driven crap:



    This statement implies that if you choose to comply with the mugger's demands, that you are somehow less of a person. A wuss or wimp. EGO-DRIVEN CRAP. Complicity MAY be the smart choice, depending on the circumstances. When it comes to survival, only a fool takes options off the table due to pride and ego.



    Here is what is implied in this statement:

    1) "If a man does not choose the aggressive course of action, the woman will think less of him."

    2) "Women are poor defenseless souls and expects men to take care of them."

    3) "Women have no understanding of firearms, and it is difficult for a man to convince a woman that owning one is a good thing."

    4) "In this scenario, if the man does not choose the more aggressive course of action and use his firearm...the bitchy-shrew woman will never let him live it down and will nag him or otherwise force him to get rid of his firearms, because she no longer is convinced they are useful."

    Can we say EGO-DRIVEN NEGATIVE FEMALE STEREOTYPES?? Even if they happen to be true for a particular man and woman, THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT when trying to survive a dangerous situation.

    I continue to stand by what I said previously.
    Oh gee, Im sorry. Who am I to assume you care about and would want to protect your wife? Sorry I should not make assumptions like that. I cant believe if I had a gun and my wife did not, that she would rely on me as her first line of defense, being the person who is armed.
    Im guessing if you were robbed, you would either say "Okay honey, go tackle the robber with a gun. I dont want you to think you cant defend yourself! Now have at it!"
    As for the rest of your post, Im not interested in reading instructor ego driven crap.

    Cotillion- Yes it is sad people have to argue about everything. Some people make a post and certain people come in and call it crap.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
    I have no idea what I would do as each situation is different. I have recently read a statistic that will certainly have weight on any decision that I make. If in an armed robbery situation you do nothing you have a 25% chance of serious injury or death. If in the same situation you respond with your own gun you have a six percent chance of serious injury or death. If I am correct this information came out "Gun Facts" Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths This is a great read but is also 112 pages long so be prepared.

    I am not going to try to figure out how the criminal mind works. I have been around enough of them to know that they do not think the way I do. They love getting away with crimes. They will commit a crime just for the rush and if they like violence then it will not matter whether you comply or not.

    This has been a good thought provoking post with little of the unpleasantness that can sometimes occur. Thanks for starting it.
    Thanks for your input!

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Oh gee, Im sorry. Who am I to assume you care about and would want to protect your wife? Sorry I should not make assumptions like that. I cant believe if I had a gun and my wife did not, that she would rely on me as her first line of defense, being the person who is armed.
    Im guessing if you were robbed, you would either say "Okay honey, go tackle the robber with a gun. I dont want you to think you cant defend yourself! Now have at it!"
    As for the rest of your post, Im not interested in reading instructor ego driven crap.

    Cotillion- Yes it is sad people have to argue about everything. Some people make a post and certain people come in and call it crap.
    Seems to me that the only person that keeps arguing and won't let it go is you Deserteagle. Not everybody will agree with everybody else.

    It is really a shame that you won't quit after your stated opinion, hoping that EVERYONE will concede to your point of view and bow down to the Guru.

    I am sure all here have understood your point, some agree and some disagree. What is the problem?

    You're starting to sound like Obama. I'm right because I know how it should be and everyone else is wrong. Well he has a couple of followers too:):)

    KK

  8. #37
    Given the situation. (I've already screwed up as I let someone get that close. But, crap happens!) However, you can have the wallet. Wife will step behind me.
    I don't know if your wife shoots or not. Mine does not. She can, but doesn't. That stated...

    Sooner or later the he is going to want the purse. GIVE HIM THE PURSE. Toss it to him. Now, my wife's purse is HEAVY. I know this because I have to rub her back! (I should say I get to rub her back.) Call it BS what ever you want. Hold your weapon (empty of course) and have your wife toss you a 5 or 6-lb purse. I dare you. Bet you can't keep your gun on target or concentrate. I will give him the purse. He won't like what he gets next.

    Incidentally... There is NO SUCH THING AS A DOUBLE TAP in close quarter situations like these. When BG hits ground its over. PERIOD. One round or ten rounds, what ever it takes to make the BG stop.

    As noted by another person. I LOVE my wife and WILL NOT hesitate to give my life for her.

    EVERY situation is different. You gave a scenario and I gave you a potential solution. - Who knows; there may be a factor(s) that change my mind in what I might do. A man/woman ought to do what he thinks it right and live with it.

    Psalm 82:3-5

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam2Taz View Post
    Given the situation. (I've already screwed up as I let someone get that close. But, crap happens!) However, you can have the wallet. Wife will step behind me.
    I don't know if your wife shoots or not. Mine does not. She can, but doesn't. That stated...

    Sooner or later the he is going to want the purse. GIVE HIM THE PURSE. Toss it to him. Now, my wife's purse is HEAVY. I know this because I have to rub her back! (I should say I get to rub her back.) Call it BS what ever you want. Hold your weapon (empty of course) and have your wife toss you a 5 or 6-lb purse. I dare you. Bet you can't keep your gun on target or concentrate. I will give him the purse. He won't like what he gets next.

    Incidentally... There is NO SUCH THING AS A DOUBLE TAP in close quarter situations like these. When BG hits ground its over. PERIOD. One round or ten rounds, what ever it takes to make the BG stop.

    As noted by another person. I LOVE my wife and WILL NOT hesitate to give my life for her.

    EVERY situation is different. You gave a scenario and I gave you a potential solution. - Who knows; there may be a factor(s) that change my mind in what I might do. A man/woman ought to do what he thinks it right and live with it.
    I think this is a good idea using the purse or wallet as a distraction. My instructor told us he would probably toss his wallet onto the ground in front of the bad guy, or toss it to him. It distracts him while you pull out your own weapon or run away if you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    I continue to stand by what I said previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Seems to me that the only person that keeps arguing and won't let it go is you Deserteagle. Not everybody will agree with everybody else.

    It is really a shame that you won't quit after your stated opinion, hoping that EVERYONE will concede to your point of view and bow down to the Guru.

    I am sure all here have understood your point, some agree and some disagree. What is the problem?

    You're starting to sound like Obama. I'm right because I know how it should be and everyone else is wrong. Well he has a couple of followers too:):)

    KK
    As is shown, both me and Phillip stand by our points. The problem in this thread is that I asked a question, and rather than hold his negative opinion to himself, or go troll in another thread, or answer the question like many others in this thread have done, he started a debate.

  10. #39
    Debate over. DesertEagle on my ignore list. I have no patience for mouthy personal attacks.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Seems to me that the only person that keeps arguing and won't let it go is you Deserteagle. Not everybody will agree with everybody else.

    It is really a shame that you won't quit after your stated opinion, hoping that EVERYONE will concede to your point of view and bow down to the Guru.

    I am sure all here have understood your point, some agree and some disagree. What is the problem?

    You're starting to sound like Obama. I'm right because I know how it should be and everyone else is wrong. Well he has a couple of followers too:):)

    KK
    OUCH! Just ouch! :-) Too true but ouch.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast