What bullet do you use ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What bullet do you use ?

1. Remington Golden Sabers in my 9 and my 380.

G30 45ACP 230gr Gold Dot
    G19 9MM 115gr Gold Dot or 127gr Ranger

In my 45 I carry Hornady Custom +P 230 gr XTP
    I like what I see on penetration tests.

5. Winchester Ranger T in 9mm, .45acp, and wife's .380

Speer Gold Dot in one, Critical Defense in the other.
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

7. Does anyone use Double Tap ammo?

Gold Dots in my .40's and 9mm. Hydra-Shocks in my .380.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

JSDinTexas Guest
    I choose the brand based on ballistics and also consider consistent accuracy for that caliber. I was using Hydra-Shoks on the street for the hard-barrier penetration (and still love them). But now I use Speer Gold Dot in my home and carry .45, and went to Federal HST 165 grain for .40 due to better ballistics over the Hydra 180 grain. (.45 in winter, .40 in summer, although I'm just about convinced on the .45 all year).
    But it really depends on what one is trying to accomplish - the best expansion is found in Winchester Silver-tip (I use these in my 10mm G20 for hunting). The Winchester Ranger T series is also good. And in .45 I like the 230 grain so I go to +P for the extra power instead of lighter grain .45 rounds as some do. (But hey, a couple of regular .45 traveling at 825fps/460+ftlbs and opening up to almost the size of a quarter is nothing to sneeze at).
    I don't do the high-dollar stuff like Cor-Bon or Hornaday or Buffalo Bore, et al. And for plinking and practice? Winchester white box FMJ from Walmart.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    What could guarantee a super long, redundant, been-said-before-many-times, "I use this", "I use that" kinda thread better: A) a caliber war or B) a bullet style thread?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

11. I use Hornady Zombiemax Critical Defense in my. 45 just in case ;))

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast