Oh the sky is falling!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh the sky is falling!

Oh the sky is falling!

In my home state of Wisconsin CCW is now legal as of Nov 1st. You should see all the money spent on the signs that are going up as to where you can carry or not, ( over 3,000 was spent alone on just sign's for my city and the same for county.
    The area that is the most un gun friendly is Madison which is our state capital. I dont know how other state's are with their ccw , but this is just crazy.

I would like to hear back on how other states work with the ccw

This is what you guys in WI need to leave behind at the businesses who are posting these signs. No Gun, No Money Business Card | Zazzle.co.uk In this economy, they will quickly learn that discriminating against a certain LAW ABIDING crowd, invites criminals and kill zones that businesses could be held to account for. The signs will start coming down.
    Eppur Si Muove

4. IF the CCW permit holders stop doing business at those establishments, you will find the signs will soon come down! In Texas, you have to look hard to find one, but they do exist!
    Good Luck!

5. There are numerous web sites like Iowacarry.org that list gun unfriendly businesses. Most don't like to see there names on these lists. I suggest you start one or just start a facebook page listing them. I have seen numerous signs go up and then come down when I have told the owner or manager where I planed on listing his busineses name on top of no longer spending my money there. The only businesses I don't hassle are bars as I leave my weapon in my truck when frequenting them. Booze and guns dont mix.

6. Texas signs..

Here in Texas in the town I live in, Harker Heights, there are a few businesses that have gun ban signs up, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Pizza Hut to name a few bigger ones. There are also businesses that have signs welcoming CHL holders, Uptown Liquors even gives CHL holders a discount for shopping there. So, they do excist here in Texas but very few. I personaly don't go to any place that bans weapons, which I could carrying and they would be none the wiser, but any establishment that's that ignorant will not be getting any of my hard earned cash!

This type of hysteria was not uncommon among other states at first. With time it will mostly pass.

If you carry concealed, REALLY concealed, nobody will know. There are some places you obviously don't carry - courthouses, airports, and such - but who is to know unless you NEED to draw and use. I'd rather be alive and defend my carry of a firearm than not have the chance to defend myself. I have never given anyone a reason to question my carry - concealed means just that.
    [email protected]
    TacomaFred.Yelp.com

If you look at a history of where the BG's strike it is where they are least likely to be confronted, gun free zones.

It was EXACTLY the same way in your neighbor MN...As others have said, it goes away soon. It is a knee jerk reaction to people reading that it will be the "wild west." Some people fear change of ANY kind, not enough for them not to vote for "change" a few years ago. You'll see in about a year or so, you'll barely see any signs at all. It's really rare to see one in MN now.

Quote Originally Posted by fredhuddle:243073
    If you carry concealed, REALLY concealed, nobody will know. There are some places you obviously don't carry - courthouses, airports, and such - but who is to know unless you NEED to draw and use. I'd rather be alive and defend my carry of a firearm than not have the chance to defend myself. I have never given anyone a reason to question my carry - concealed means just that.
    I wouldn't suggest breaking the law. The correct answer is to not enter the business.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast