well the big day is here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well the big day is here

well the big day is here

The last I heard congress is spouse to vote on HR822 today.

Hope it goes well.

lets keep our fingers crossed. Mybe they will get something right

Also going on right now is congress reviewing a group of gun victims about tougher gun transfer regulations, to stop free sale without said regulations.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but won't the states be able to over ride if this passes by making their own laws anyway?

10th Amendment issue, NOT the Federal Gov't. The morons (In Congress) still can't see the Constitution or understand it. The ironic part is they're closer to the original then most of America. Talk about needing to educate............Who is John Galt?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

How is this a 10th Amendment issue? I think you don't understand the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    10th Amendment issue, NOT the Federal Gov't. The morons (In Congress) still can't see the Constitution or understand it. The ironic part is they're closer to the original then most of America. Talk about needing to educate............Who is John Galt?
    I know, I know, I know, this is akin to highjacking a thread, but do you participate in any Ayn Rand forums? I tried to join one, and the SA was so snooty, she said, "Her forum was for true fans who wanted to talk about personal issues, not discuss the novel with neoshrugs."
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

states rights

Well the states can still set the requirements to get a ccw but the rest of the states will have to recognize the other states. What about the drivers Lic. Each state has their own test but other states recognize other state Lic.. As far as a commercial vehicle Lic.(truckers) It is under federal regs. I HAVE MIXED FEELING ON THIS. I JUST HOPE IT WORKS IN OUR FAVOR.

Quote Originally Posted by kardar2:243391
    Well the states can still set the requirements to get a ccw but the rest of the states will have to recognize the other states. What about the drivers Lic. Each state has their own test but other states recognize other state Lic.. As far as a commercial vehicle Lic.(truckers) It is under federal regs. I HAVE MIXED FEELING ON THIS. I JUST HOPE IT WORKS IN OUR FAVOR.
    You can't compare a driver's license to carrying a gun. Keeping and bearing arms is a right. A driver's license is a privilege.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast