Concealed carry, IMPORTANT!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Concealed carry, IMPORTANT!!!

  1. Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    With the current administration I wouldn't put it past them to do some back door manuvering. If you want to believe this can't happen, I have some ocean beech property in Idaho I would like to sell.
    Absolutely correct. To actually think it could not happen is foolhardly at best and oblivious to present facts. To say CC is a 'state issue' after the feds just stuck their snotty socialistic noses in it with their trojan horse 'reciprocity bill' is to ignore the facts and the obvious that the Obummer admin could care less about state rights or the Constitution. Only a damned fool would have supported the reciprocity bill if they had a bit more knowledge of just why it came into being. It's not a conspiracy, it's facts staring us in the face just daring us to understand and do something about. The 'reciprocity act' was not something good, it is an evil entity with a horrific future for CCW permit owners. Don't believe it? You will, and sooner than later. Stop reciting the so-called 'laws'... instead, start paying attention and watch what they are actually doing. 'The laws' mean nothing to them except when it benefits their socialist agenda. BTW, fuhr52, my reply to your post isn't directed at you... just those who think 'it' is a state matter and will not happen. Let 'them' hide their heads in the sand, they'll learn the hard way.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Whether it's true or not, I don't see why you guys dismiss it so readily. I wouldn't put it past them for a minute.

    Maybe because I am a 20 year vet and because I have seen other stupid things the VA has done in the 20 years I have been retired.

    Even as we speak, they keep sending me forms to fill out to join their program to 'help other vets out'.

    I forget what they call it, but by joining, you agree to have random blood test's and answer random questionaire's about yourself, the way you feel from day to day, the kind of work you engage in and a whole bunch of other crap.

    I have quite a bit of orthopeadic type pain, you know the typical old knees and shoulders you get from working hard your whole life and taking up other's slack. They made me sign a form to administer pain meds to me that the VA is the only place I would seek this medication. They said it was shared so if I was dispensed other meds, I would be in violation of the agreement I signed, and that that local information is available to them.

    I didn't get into what would happen if I violated the agreement but it wasn't me just signing it, the Doctor and the Nurse both witnessed it.

    I'm not any type of conspiracy theorist but I don't trust them to do what I may think is the right thing. I just keep playing their game to get my meds that I need to work a full time job + and go about my business.

    You can bet though, if they can share my med history, they can share my mental history with the locals. I don't care what happens in my life, I will never feel stressed or feel like I wanna take someone out:):):).

    KK
    Imagine the idiot Eric Holder and the fruitcakes at the BATFE with a national database of concealed carry permit holders. Anyone else see the dire consequences now??? BTW, trojan horse bill HR 822 goes to the Senate tomorrow. Pray it does not pass. Hey 'the dark', still think it's merely a 'state matter'? Wake up!

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by cougaram View Post
    Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners...Thanks


    From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer:

    I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out
    something very interesting that I would like to pass along.
    While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the
    end of the exam, three questions:
    1. Did I feel stressed?
    2. Did I feel threatened?
    3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?
    The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to
    Homeland Security.


    Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians, what
    argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware.
    The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists.



    Whether you are a gun owner veteran or not, YOU"VE BEEN WARNED !



    If you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this on to them. Be very cautious about what you say and to whom.
    This is so nonsensical (notice I didn't say BS) as do defy description. The first question stated by this guy should make this obvious. "Do I feel stressed?". I suppose that nobody can say "YES" to that question even if they're suffering from PTSD. Give me a break! Also, as previously stated CCWs are a matter of State not Federal law although the passage of H.R. 822 yesterday makes Federally mandated interstate recognition of CCW permits one step closer to reality. I think that some people just "get off" concocting fear mongering stories. Either that or some incompetent misinformed doctor sold this guy this "bill of goods" and this guy bought it. In either case, I'll leave it up to the reader to form their own opinion of this guy. As for me, I find the lyrics of an old Buffalo Springfield song running through my mind; "Paranoia Strikes Deep".
    MOLON LABE

  5. #24
    What part of this post are you questioning? Is it the three questions, the same three I am asked every month by the nurse before I see the doctor? Is it the fact that all they do with the answers are just record them in your record and do nothing with them? Or, is it that you think they will not or can not act upon them?

    What is your personal experience in these particular matters and why do you think it is fear mongering?

    Quote Originally Posted by gvaldeg1 View Post
    This is so nonsensical (notice I didn't say BS) as do defy description. The first question stated by this guy should make this obvious. "Do I feel stressed?". I suppose that nobody can say "YES" to that question even if they're suffering from PTSD. Give me a break! Also, as previously stated CCWs are a matter of State not Federal law although the passage of H.R. 822 yesterday makes Federally mandated interstate recognition of CCW permits one step closer to reality. I think that some people just "get off" concocting fear mongering stories. Either that or some incompetent misinformed doctor sold this guy this "bill of goods" and this guy bought it. In either case, I'll leave it up to the reader to form their own opinion of this guy. As for me, I find the lyrics of an old Buffalo Springfield song running through my mind; "Paranoia Strikes Deep".

  6. #25
    Does no one remember that "outed" memo concerning the Homeland Security Dept's "concern" about returning Iraq/Afghanistan Vets being potential recruiting ground for "homegrown terrorists"?

    Homegrown "terrorists", in this instance, defined as those who would be generally opposed to the Obama Administration's Socialist tendencies. (... and might be incautious enough to "do something" about it.)

    There was a reason why "policing" of the population was kept at the local/State level as much as possible. It was to keep an all encompassing National Police from taking over the job of Policing.

    Does no one remember the outrages of the KGB or the Gestapo? Think it can't happen here?

    "OOOOOHHHHH! Unca Sammy keep us safe from those horrible 'terrorists'!!!!!!"

    Sure. We will start off with the "Patriot Act" and follow up with the HomSecDept. That will be enough for now. Let the sheep digest that level of infringement on our civil rights. To be resumed upon the occurance of the next "crisis".

    ... and we sit here and tacitly swallow this... in trade for false "security".

    Well.... beat my head against a wall and call me a migraine!

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Does no one remember that "outed" memo concerning the Homeland Security Dept's "concern" about returning Iraq/Afghanistan Vets being potential recruting ground for "homegrown terrorists"?

    Homegrown "terrorists", in this instance, defined as those who would be generally opposed to the Obama Administration's Socialist tendencies. (... and might be incautious enough to "do something" about it.)

    There was a reason why "policing" of the population was kept at the local/State level as much as possible. It was to keep an all encompassing National Police from taking over the job of Policing.

    Does no one remember the outrages of the KGB or the Gestapo? Think it can't happen here?

    "OOOOOHHHHH! Unca Sammy keep us safe from those horrible 'terrorists'!!!!!!"

    Sure. We will start off with the "Patriot Act" and follow up with the HomSecDept. That will be enough for now. Let the sheep digest that level of infringement on our civil rights. To be resumed upon the occurance of the next "crisis".

    ... and we sit here and tacitly swallow this... in trade for false "security".

    Well.... beat my head against a wall and call me a migraine!

    GG
    As usual, you hit the nail on the head again! Gunny, for the life of me, I just can't understand why R. Lee Ermey gets all the accolades when we have you. (I hope you take that as a big compliment!)

  8. #27
    Ermey has a "rice bowl" to protect. Therefore is more "politically correct" than I have to be.

    Even at that there is only so far one can go in the pursuit of "truth". I have seen individuals of like mind to mine get banned from forums for expressing no concern for "PC".

    The trick is knowing HOW far one can push it. (Learning to duck at appropriate times is also of good use!)

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Ermey has a "rice bowl" to protect. Therefore is more "politically correct" than I have to be.

    Even at that there is only so far one can go in the pursuit of "truth". I have seen individuals of like mind to mine get banned from forums for expressing no concern for "PC".

    The trick is knowing HOW far one can push it. (Learning to duck at appropriate times is also of good use!)

    GG
    LOL! I hear you, Gunny!

  10. I'm with KK on this one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast