Concealed carry, IMPORTANT!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry, IMPORTANT!!!

1. Concealed carry, IMPORTANT!!!

Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners...Thanks

From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer:

I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out
    something very interesting that I would like to pass along.
    While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the
    end of the exam, three questions:
    1. Did I feel stressed?
    2. Did I feel threatened?
    3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?
    The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to
    Homeland Security.

Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians, what
    argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware.
    The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists.

Whether you are a gun owner veteran or not, YOU"VE BEEN WARNED !

If you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this on to them. Be very cautious about what you say and to whom.

Sorry...not buying it! CCW is state law, not federal...and state law has criteria for whether you are eligible or it can be revoked. Three questions all not cut it.

Good reason to keep fed hands out of CCW process.

Great fear-mongering tool however.

Seems identical to another post a few months ago which was quickly shot down, as I recall.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Whether it's true or not, I don't see why you guys dismiss it so readily. I wouldn't put it past them for a minute.

Maybe because I am a 20 year vet and because I have seen other stupid things the VA has done in the 20 years I have been retired.

Even as we speak, they keep sending me forms to fill out to join their program to 'help other vets out'.

I forget what they call it, but by joining, you agree to have random blood test's and answer random questionaire's about yourself, the way you feel from day to day, the kind of work you engage in and a whole bunch of other crap.

I have quite a bit of orthopeadic type pain, you know the typical old knees and shoulders you get from working hard your whole life and taking up other's slack. They made me sign a form to administer pain meds to me that the VA is the only place I would seek this medication. They said it was shared so if I was dispensed other meds, I would be in violation of the agreement I signed, and that that local information is available to them.

I didn't get into what would happen if I violated the agreement but it wasn't me just signing it, the Doctor and the Nurse both witnessed it.

I'm not any type of conspiracy theorist but I don't trust them to do what I may think is the right thing. I just keep playing their game to get my meds that I need to work a full time job + and go about my business.

You can bet though, if they can share my med history, they can share my mental history with the locals. I don't care what happens in my life, I will never feel stressed or feel like I wanna take someone out:):):).

KK

Quote Originally Posted by cougaram View Post
    Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners...Thanks

From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer:

I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out
    something very interesting that I would like to pass along.
    While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the
    end of the exam, three questions:
    1. Did I feel stressed?
    2. Did I feel threatened?
    3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?
    The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to
    Homeland Security.
    This is a grey area. Your medical records are protected by the privacy provision of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).

Generally, the HIPAA Privacy Rule regulates the use and disclosure of certain information held by "covered entities", including the VA, health care clearinghouses, employer sponsored health plans, health insurers, and medical service providers that engage in certain transactions. It establishes regulations for the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information. This is interpreted rather broadly and includes any part of an individual's medical record or payment history.

Covered entities must disclose PHI when required to do so by law, such as reporting suspected child abuse to state child welfare agencies. There are many situations when the government has the right or the legal obligation to see your medical records. Many government-sponsored health programs such as those covering the military, veterans, and government employees are nonetheless covered by the Privacy Rule. Homeland security has been actively trying to change the current privacy provision of HIPAA as it currently stands. However, when personally identifiable health information is collected by the government, the federal Privacy Act also applies. The department of Health and Human Services may obtain access to your health records in connection with an investigation should you make a complaint against the VA. The Privacy Rule requires the VA notify individuals of uses of their PHI. The privacy officer at the VA can tell you if there is any legal requirement to report to homeland security. Under the law the VA must provide you with a written copy of the HIPAA privacy rules in effect for federal agencies.

Always remember to leave your handgun home when visiting the VA as you can be charged for merely having it in the car.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

With the current administration I wouldn't put it past them to do some back door manuvering. If you want to believe this can't happen, I have some ocean beech property in Idaho I would like to sell.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Those questions are actually standard triage questions they ask everyone who is triaged in the ER. And HIPPA guidelines are standard as well. There are very few instances where medical personell can release any of your medical information. They are required by law to inform you of them sometime during the registration process. They are also required to provide you with a copy of these for your personal records if you request it. I don't like Obama but it had nothing to do with your chl or the fact you are a veteran. And btw.......thank you for serving our country and protecting our constitution.

1. BC1 is correct. Medical records are confidential. Only in extreme circumstances are things reported to authorities, such as children with injuries from a parent, or in the case of suicidal people, they can be placed in a mental hospital for 72 hours for evaluation.
    2. Feeling stressed is what a normal human does throughout their life. If you respond yes, you are normal. Feeling stressed is not psychopathology nor is it illegal nor does it pose a threat to society.
    3. Feeling threatened is more reason to get a CCW. In Colorado, if I felt threatened, I could get an emergency CCW permit.
    4. Homeland security has bigger things to worry about than a person who feels stressed.

How did they nurse know the individual even had a carry permit to lose? Wait.... I know his CCW badge and T-shirt gave him away!
    "A pistol defends your property and your person from unanticipated threats from thieves and robbers. With it, you can control your immediate environment. A rifle defends your freedom from oppressors and tyrants. With it, you can enforce your will" -Gabe Saurez

Yeah, my wife was the HIPAA officer at a local university for years and she keeps telling me how private my medical info is.

I'm still kinda thinking that Homeland probably has a back door somewhere. In some instances I think they should to keep the US out of Bad Doo Doo but in other instances I think they should keep their noses out of my business.

What a conundrum huh?

KK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast