CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued... - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Panheadzz View Post
    Then he should have jumped up with a round-house flying back kick, landed in a tae kwon do ninja stance, screamed a Bruce Lee scream and scared him away for easier prey.

This.

The OP states he's a highly skilled martial artist who has defeated multiple attackers before. I believe he said he won a four on one fight. Why could he not defend himself against one single person?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    We call those types, "Internet Rambos".
    Note my signature line. I'm surprised the alpha sheepdog hasn't come bounding over yet. Several of his/her canine butt-sniffers are here
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Panheadzz View Post
    Then he should have jumped up with a round-house flying back kick, landed in a tae kwon do ninja stance, screamed a Bruce Lee scream and scared him away for easier prey.
    Dude, that's MY move.

And seriously, I'm just gonna put this out there...if you all want to engage in debate and actually go somewhere that isn't the playground, attack the IDEA not the PERSON. You don't really know the people here, just the ideas they write about.

Also, if you want to be taken seriously, please please please use proper grammar and spelling, or at least make it look like you TRIED.

I'm getting off my soapbox now to practice my MMA moves.

This was probably already stated somewhere in this long thread, but just in case it wasn't...
    ...everything you say can and will be used against you (including what you post here).

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:244148
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    The "criminal" was the irresponsible gun owner that drew down on an unarmed man. Had his behavior been "legal", he wouldn't have been arrested, charged and tried in court. The only thing that saved this individual from being convicted was the failure of the witness to show up.

The guy yelling and screaming at the OP was not arrested nor charged for some strange reason. Is this possibly because his behavior was "bad", but not "illegal"?

You believe that the cops are always right, and arrest the correct person all the time..... So all of your assumptions are based off of that lie.....
    This sums it up pretty well. The member rifleshooter I guys is a criminal in the eyes of glock fan, even though the other party lied, and the courts decided he was innocent, he was still arrested, therefore he is guilty and a criminal anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I'm surprised the alpha sheepdog hasn't come bounding over yet.
    Which one, Unfettered Fright or JJFlash (Ah-ah) Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by Panheadzz:244167
    You have mixed Korean, Japanese, and Chinese in a very sad stereotypical way. For a learning experience...

1. Tae kwon do Korean.
    2. Ninjas are Japanese (who main martial arts was ninjitsu).
    3. Bruce Lee is Chinese who practiced kung fu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S:244196

This.

The OP states he's a highly skilled martial artist who has defeated multiple attackers before. I believe he said he won a four on one fight. Why could he not defend himself against one single person?
    Like I said in my previous post. Tae kwon do is a standing very dance like fighting style. What if this attacker was a jujitsu, judo, sambo, or wrestling fighter? Once the fight hit the ground (which most do) the op would have been screwed. If one fight can determine all fights, than yes he could have defending against one person. But that's not life, there are new boxing champions, new mma champions, new martial arts champions all the time, cause there are always better fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:244205
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    We call those types, "Internet Rambos".
    Note my signature line. I'm surprised the alpha sheepdog hasn't come bounding over yet. Several of his/her canine butt-sniffers are here
    Take note everyone. This is true trolling. There was no thought in this post. It does not have to do with the op. It's just an attack on other forum members to get a response. So when you call people a troll, think about this post, and decide whether any thought went into the post.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl:244206
    And seriously, I'm just gonna put this out there...if you all want to engage in debate and actually go somewhere that isn't the playground, attack the IDEA not the PERSON. You don't really know the people here, just the ideas they write about.

Also, if you want to be taken seriously, please please please use proper grammar and spelling, or at least make it look like you TRIED.
    Also known as argumentum ad hominem. i think it would be more beneficial to try and stop the name calling first though. What say you?

Seems to me, right or wrong, guilty or innocent, that major message in this tale reflects something I read from Kelly McCann a while ago (and I paraphrase): If your only two options to protect yourself when confronted is to yell at someone or shoot them, then you are not really prepared.

Carry some form of non-lethal defense (and for all the tap dancing around, I would not qualify a handgun for brandishing in that category - that is as much as threat and a defense).

Carry a baton, kubotan, pepper spray, a taser - something you can use to defend yourself short of lethal force. Options between getting your ass beat and shooting someone have to be part of the plan.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

According to the laws of most (if not all) states, if you're a healthy adult male, the threat of bare fists does not justify deadly force as a defensive measure. I'd venture to say that this applies in 99% of all such cases, certainly including the incident involving the OPer. In the eyes of the law, we're expected to take a bare-knuckle beating.

Personally, I understand the idea of drawing-down on somebody who's enraged and screaming threats from just a few feet away. In a critical situation like that our first instinct is to go with our best, surest defense. For CCers, that's often our pistol. The law doesn't see it that way, like it or not.

From a self defense standpoint, the problem with drawing in that situation is that it effectively takes any options other than shooting off the table should the BG choose to press home his attack. Blind rage, drugs/alcohol, mental instability, etc. could mean the perp just doesn't care about your gun. Now you pretty much have to shoot him....what else are you going to do?? He's only a few feet away and will be on you in an instant. And then you know what happens??? You go to jail facing some very serious charges. Just last night on the TV program "The First 48", a man was convicted of 2nd degree manslaughter because he shot and killed somebody who had run up on him at night, yelling at him with his arm outstretched. Turns out the dead guy didn't have a weapon and was probably just pointing his finger. I watch that program regularly and it was the first time I ever felt sympathy for a shooter on the show. Perfect example of what might happen if you draw on somebody who "might" be a "potential" threat.

And if he backs off?? Well, as our OPer found out, from a legal standpoint you may very well be at the whim of the thug who created this situation (and possibly at the whim of an anti-gun prosecutor or judge). The OPer is exceptionally lucky the guy didn't show up for court.

The bottom line is that you need to know the law and follow it whether you like it or not. If you choose not to then be prepared to face the consequences.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast