CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued... - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued...

1. I'm glad you didn't get bent over but the facts are still facts. I spent most of my life on hilltop in tacoma Washington, an area where you can't sell malt liquor and las Vegas the last few years. I know about bad areas. I still have a hard time believing this guy was some hardcore thug considering not only did he call the cops, which thugs don't do, but the arresting officers took his word over you. Why? There's gotta be a reason.

I'm not trying to be a troll or attack you, I just think as a ccw holder you should know better. Stop saying well my instructor said this and that and just take responsibility. Use common sense and take a friggin punch or two before pulling next time and ONLY if you know you're going down and he might stomp you. Sounds stupid right? Why should I allow myself to get hit? Because that's the law. Unarmed attackers are not the easiest to be shown as deadly threats

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    As I wasn't there and did not witness it myself, I cannot comment. ...But I guess I just did.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by milesihrig View Post
    and have came out on top and sent to the hospital before in the 5 self defense situations i have been in...
    You mentioned you are young. How old are you? You've been in 5 self defense situations? I'd bet most people go their entire life without getting into any- never mind 5. Just sayin'.....

Quote Originally Posted by xdmgator View Post
    I hear ya. I was strictly thinking as said above from a legal stand point, don't get me wrong id rather be alive in jail than dead at the gas station! I just know and have been taught that the rules are set up for the BG's in these situations...run away, scream, yell fire, yell help, call 911 at least then you have set up a good legal defense if necessary...glad you and your friends came out in scathed :)
    i use to say i would rather be alive in jail then dead at a gas station, but after spended 25 hours in hamilton county jail (never been to jail before)... well lets say 12 hours in i was thinking about sucide if i wasnt able to be bailed out... 80 percent of the people in there are wild animals that dont deserve to live in America.

They are still set up for the bad guy... but it took the police 6 minutes to reply to a gun call... imagine how long it would take for them to show up to... "some man is yelling at me in the parking lot making threats"... i carry a gun because a cop is to heavy to fit on my belt.. there not always there to protect you... even if they responed in those 6 minutes from the phone call ( 10 minutes from the start of the conflict).. at 4 minutes in this person came at me and tryed to attack me resulting in my pulling my firearm... i didnt want to kill this person but i didnt want to get hurt or killed myself... so i did what was legal in ohio to stop the attack...

but pepper spray will definitly be in my aresonal from now on...

thanks for the response

It appears to me that VIOLENCE seems to follow you around! I am 6'3" about 220 and have'nt needed to fight since highschool. Do you wear a sign that says kick me?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    You mentioned you are young. How old are you? You've been in 5 self defense situations? I'd bet most people go their entire life without getting into any- never mind 5. Just sayin'.....
    i am 23 years old... live in a part of town that is fastly going down hill... even the nice parts of town there are still some bad people there and they always start trouble..

self defense i dont mean i pulled out my gun, but had to phyiscally defend myself or friends against mulitple or armed attackers

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    It appears to me that VIOLENCE seems to follow you around! I am 6'3" about 220 and have'nt needed to fight since highschool. Do you wear a sign that says kick me?
    lol i sometimes wonder that... like i said previously i use my martial arts training by using my mind and 90 percent of the time i can deesclade a situation or walk away without any phyiscal harm being caused to me or an attacker, but sometimes you have people that just want to attack you... cincinnati is not a place you want to live

Quote Originally Posted by milesihrig View Post
    from your view, me being young, health, large, etc.. maybe a superior force... however you have to look at it.. there are trained fighters on the street who fight 3 or 4 people at once... my martial arts instructor is legally blind 54 year old male, stands 5 '2 and is overweight... but he can whoop my ass... never judge a book by its cover because you never know whats on the first page... this says the both for good and bad guys...

i did not see a weapon on the BG, but he was wearing baggy clothing... its not uncommon for people to carry weapons and use them where i live... the person who pulls out a weapon is not the one who is going to use it... its the person that sneaks up on you at the last minute, pulls it out, and stabs or shoots you that you have to worry about...

in this situation, it was better that my best defense was a good offense, because my defense could of been too late when this person threw a punch with one hand, pulled a knife from under his shirt and stabbed me with the other...
    I agree with most, if not all of your points. But as I said in my first response...it's what the courts look at. That's what I was pointing out. We can assume whatever we want about a threat - that he's got a concealed weapon, that he's a trained fighter, etc., but if we act on those assumptions and they turn out to be false, we could be in a lot of trouble. If you had shot him and the police found no weapon on him....you'd be in jail right now on some pretty serious charges. In a case like that the courts really don't give a rat's ass what you assumed or thought. They're interested in the reality of the situation.

You've experienced a nightmare scenario that has been discussed on these boards before - you draw your weapon out of a legitimate fear for your safety, the perp backs off, then the perp calls the cops on you. Many people on these boards have pointed out that, in a situation where you draw you gun, it's best to call the police and give them a full account even if the situation is defused. It reinforces your position as the law-abiding citizen as well as being the (near) victim.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

[QUOTE=Cotillion;243489]I'm glad you didn't get bent over but the facts are still facts. I spent most of my life on hilltop in tacoma Washington, an area where you can't sell malt liquor and las Vegas the last few years. I know about bad areas. I still have a hard time believing this guy was some hardcore thug considering not only did he call the cops, which thugs don't do, but the arresting officers took his word over you. Why? There's gotta be a reason.

the reason being is there is politics behind it... this thug obviously knows how to use the system in his favor as hes delt with it several times... the officers cant let someone pull a gun on there township and let it go without an arrest being made.. if so then the other punks around here can think they all can start pulling out guns left and right

[QUOTE=milesihrig;243500]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I'm glad you didn't get bent over but the facts are still facts. I spent most of my life on hilltop in tacoma Washington, an area where you can't sell malt liquor and las Vegas the last few years. I know about bad areas. I still have a hard time believing this guy was some hardcore thug considering not only did he call the cops, which thugs don't do, but the arresting officers took his word over you. Why? There's gotta be a reason.

the reason being is there is politics behind it... this thug obviously knows how to use the system in his favor as hes delt with it several times... the officers cant let someone pull a gun on there township and let it go without an arrest being made.. if so then the other punks around here can think they all can start pulling out guns left and right
    and you tell me to take a hit or too... people around here are experience fighters that can deliver one hit knockouts to mulitple attackers.. i dont know this persons skill level... im not going to give him the chance to throw a few punches and maybe knock me out and attack me while im unconcsious... would that then be legal to use my firearm.. yes... would i be able to if i was laying uncomnsious on the ground being attack?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast