CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued... - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued...

A threat made from a person to another is nothing other than bravado and certainly doesn't warrant drawing your weapon. A person threatening you and walking your way, is an intimidation act and not a direct threat on your life. If that person is walking your way, threatening you and has a weapon or states they have a weapon - knife, axe handle, baseball bat, etc....that warrants a retreat (if your state law indicates that is part of defend able escalation of force) or a draw and show with warning. If you can't retreat or after a draw, show and warning the offender is not reacting positively and you are now in fear of your life or a loved ones life - then you are obliged to stop the threat with reasonable force.

IMO - you effed up! Take responsibility for your poor handling of the situation, learn from it and don't replicate it.

3. You live in a fantasy world. Like I said before I'm not trying to be a troll, I'm just bewildered at your take on things. You somehow bring this all on yourself. Like someone else said most people out of high school never have an issue, you've had 5 by 23. Like I said before I've lived in bad areas too but everyone wasn't a trained ninja assassin chasing helpless victims around before calling the cops on the people they were chasing. My honest, I'm not trying to be a jerk off opinion...leave your gun at home. You will end up doing life in jail

^ This.

I don't know how this kid (and he is a kid, it shows in a big way) can write most of this stuff with a straight face. He has far too much ego invested in that gun. Far too much ego period. For being a self claimed tough guy who can't handle a few hours in jail he'd better think hard about how on course he is to needlessly killing someone. He's a dangerous person.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/10b2ZTYmmWA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

what can happen with one punch

just saw this on another topic... this is what can happen when your facing an unknown attacker that hits you with one punch... then what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by milesihrig View Post
    i am 23 years old... live in a part of town that is fastly going down hill... even the nice parts of town there are still some bad people there and they always start trouble..

self defense i dont mean i pulled out my gun, but had to phyiscally defend myself or friends against mulitple or armed attackers
    I'm 43 years old. I live in a section of Metro Boston that's loaded with illegal aliens from Brazil, junkies, tons of social service facilities, and boat loads of criminals in general. There's the good side of the tracks in town and there's the bad side. Roger Clemens lived on the good side of my town when he played for the Sox but if you venture into the other zip code in town you'd better be careful. I live in between. I go all over town and I haven't had to fight since I was 16 and that was kid stuff BS. At the risk of sounding like "that guy" it seems to me like you have to be doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    A threat made from a person to another is nothing other than bravado and certainly doesn't warrant drawing your weapon. A person threatening you and walking your way, is an intimidation act and not a direct threat on your life. If that person is walking your way, threatening you and has a weapon or states they have a weapon - knife, axe handle, baseball bat, etc....that warrants a retreat (if your state law indicates that is part of defend able escalation of force) or a draw and show with warning. If you can't retreat or after a draw, show and warning the offender is not reacting positively and you are now in fear of your life or a loved ones life - then you are obliged to stop the threat with reasonable force.

IMO - you effed up! Take responsibility for your poor handling of the situation, learn from it and don't replicate it.
    this person made threats that he was going to hurt me, then "backed up his words" and charged at me to attack me.. he blocked in my truck, preventing me from escaping.. he had one intentino and that was to attack me and i wasnt going to let it happen.. you can see in the video that i just posted of what an UNARMED attacker can do you you...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    I'm 43 years old. I live in a section of Metro Boston that's loaded with illegal aliens from Brazil, junkies, tons of social service facilities, and boat loads of criminals in general. There's the good side of the tracks in town and there's the bad side. Roger Clemens lived on the good side of my town when he played for the Sox but if you venture into the other zip code in town you'd better be careful. I live in between. I go all over town and I haven't had to fight since I was 16 and that was kid stuff BS. At the risk of sounding like "that guy" it seems to me like you have to be doing something wrong.
    i was speaking to my friend as the driver was slowing creeping by in a truck with tinted windows... as a part of my sitautional awareness training, my mind was focused on his truck as he drove by... i did not see the driver as his windows were tinted but i was talking to my friend as i looked at his truck... he then got out of the truck uelling what the **** did you say to me... i guess the thug thought i said something bad about him... at that point a polietly, cool and calmy told the guy nobody said anything to you bud... nobody here is looking to fight

I have to agree with agent green. I grew up in that dangerous neighborhood in Boston. Ive been shot, stabbed, hit by a car being used as a weapon, bats , golf clubs, fists, outnumbered and no martial arts training. NOT ONCE did I ever back down or run away. I stood my ground. I never cared what the other guy could do or what he had for a weapon. Ive taken some really bad beatings and given my share as well. I never called the cops and if they showed up I got lost so they never knew who I was and so never had a rap sheet. Im 60 now and carry a Ruger LCP 380 but Id still snap off a car antenna and beat an attacker half to death before pulling my gun because if I pull it Im using it not hiding behind it with just a threat. Youre very lucky that it only cost you a few bucks.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Ok, lots of martial arts training. Ok, lots of martial arts training. ...did i mention the martial arts training?

You've had five opportunities to serve up some self defense. What am I doing wrong with never having to have done so in 52 years? I'm a nice guy, why doesn't anyone wanna kick my $$? Was it something I didn't say? An attitude I did NOT return to some mouthy dude? Did I NOT give a macho "glare" to the right guy from my car? Was it that I just kept too much to myself? Why not me?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast