CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued... - Page 7
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued...

Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    Tracy Winkler - Clerk of Courts

Hamilton County Jails.info - Ohio Miles Ihrig mugshot

Count A: AGGRAVATED MENACING M1 2903-21 ORCN
    Disposition: 11/14/2011 330 CHARGE DISMISSED
    Wow, those are some scary looking mugshots on that page!

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    I'm waiting to see if anyone that said his story was made up is going to apologize.

I do think the OP was too flippant in drawing his weapon. But what it really does is show the responsibility that we take upon ourselves when we choose to carry. You can have all the training in the world but it will all come down to a split second judgment that will have severe consequences.
    I don't see the need to apologize, as it won't serve any purpose. 1) The OP didn't supply the info, it was dug up by other forum users. 2) OP is still an idiot and makes life exponentially difficult for law abiding gun owners.

It's only a matter of time before the OP finds himself in trouble with the law again. Knowledge Skills and ATTITUDE are the basis of NRA courses. Of the 3, ATTITUDE is the most important, and unfortunately cannot be taught in any of our classes. Until this man fixes his attitude, it's only a matter of time before he ends up in trouble again.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Maybe I am missing something. I am 59 yrs old, Never carried a firearm until I suffered a heart attack and cannot retreat if someone attacks or robs me. I only got my ccw permit because I carry large amounts of cash due to my buisness. In all my years of hanging out in NYC in less than desirable areas through my youth, riding harleys and being around fellow riders going back to the early 70s when it wasn't a fashion statement, I have never been in a situation where I would have to legally draw, let alone, use my firearm. I am not 6ft plus tall, don't have a black belt and haven't backed down from any hand to hand encounter. My opinion is you are on here trying to have other people justify your improper handling of this situation. You and your friend out-numbered him and you use a lame excuse that he cound be a mma fighter or some other rediculous reason. My opinion is you are a young, immature person with a gun on his way to a very bad encounter sooner rather than later. You better keep your lawyers phone number handy because you are going to need it. And man-up. If you can't spend 12 hrs in jail without wanting to off yourself wait till you spend a couple years or more on a bad shoot. Keep a separate bail bank account handy. Good luck, you are going to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Where the story comes apart in my mind is where you contend to be a martial artist of fair talent.... yet you claim that you didn't want to "mix it up" with him because you didn't know his skill level. Given the first paragraph's observation, I don't see that you had the choice.

Further, I too WAS a martial artist in my heyday and there is ONE thing I could guarantee without condition... Until I was around 45 or so, I had every confidence in my skills to the point where I could be assured that NO ONE could land a first punch/kick/whatever knock out blow on me when I had had the time to know the BG was "serious" about his "threats".

Considering your "coup counts" you offer us and age, I wonder why your confidence shouldn't be at or near the same level?

GG
    I was thinking this as well. I've known a few trained fighters in my time and they all had one thing in common - complete confidence in their ability to neutralize a single, unarmed opponent. I thought it strange that the OPer, with all his self-professed skill, would even consider pulling a gun in that situation.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

6. I have waited to post until I felt the situation was as developed as it was likely to get. Others have responded regarding your firearm tactics and I need not add to that body of work. However, you have not mentioned how much or what kind of martial arts training you have received but from what you have said I would advise you to seek a better instructor and probably a more combat oriented art.

You seem to be overly in awe of MMA style sport fighting and one-punch knockouts. This tells me you don't understand the mechanics and philosophy of fighting. That may not be your fault; so, learn this well Grasshopper: MMA sport fighting has very little to do with a real fight; those guys arenít fighting-it's a sport. Self-defense isn't about knocking out your opponent. Yes you can do that but why bother when there are so many other ways that are easier, faster, and take less energy to accomplish. Itís also not about getting into a fighting stance and trying to get through his defenses. It is about making HIM attack YOU. Why? Aside from wanting to avoid Mutual Combat, the initial attacker is generally at a disadvantage and the holder of a black belt should be able to take advantage of that fact-especially if it's only one antagonist. I realize you never know who knows what but it really doesn't matter. If they are stupid enough to attack they put themselves at risk and it is your job to take advantage of those openings. It's about making him physically or mentally unable to hurt you. You can make him change his mind (pain compliance; temporary disability to breathe, etc.) or you can make it so he is physically unable (breaking the knee, etc., up to and including death).

A little research will show you the veracity of my comments. I hope youíll take them to heart.

Good luck.

7. Good thing the "aggressor" didn't feel his life was threatened and shoot you in self defense. I'm 24 and have been carrying since july, and have very little training in self defense, and even I think you handled this completely the wrong way. I'm not a black belt either so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I don't see the need to apologize, as it won't serve any purpose. 1) The OP didn't supply the info, it was dug up by other forum users. 2) OP is still an idiot and makes life exponentially difficult for law abiding gun owners.

It's only a matter of time before the OP finds himself in trouble with the law again. Knowledge Skills and ATTITUDE are the basis of NRA courses. Of the 3, ATTITUDE is the most important, and unfortunately cannot be taught in any of our classes. Until this man fixes his attitude, it's only a matter of time before he ends up in trouble again.
    Here is the purpose for an apology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Please cancel my subscription, I don't want any more of your issues! I'm calling BS on your story. If it's legit, post a case number so we can check it out. Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do.
    You and several other called this guy a liar. It doesn't matter who found the case. He was telling at least some of the truth. It doesn't matter if he is an idiot or not, the proof is in the mugshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Here is the purpose for an apology.

You and several other called this guy a liar. It doesn't matter who found the case. He was telling at least some of the truth. It doesn't matter if he is an idiot or not, the proof is in the mugshot.
    Exactly what will an apology accomplish?
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Ok, I'll apologize to the kid. On the other hand I feel the way he told it came across as BS. In that respect he shares some of the blame. And from where I sit he should be apologizing to all carriers for doing us a disservice.

11. It also looks like you past defensive situations as you called them involved partying and drinking. Maybe start hanging out at different places to avoid such incidents?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast