CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued... - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 135

Thread: CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued...

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Green View Post
    Ok, I'll apologize to the kid. On the other hand I feel the way he told it came across as BS. In that respect he shares some of the blame. And from where I sit he should be apologizing to all carriers for doing us a disservice.
    I was hoping and praying that the kid was actually full of crap. At this point however, it appears that he's less intelligent than a "Pet Rock".

    I will say this though, Thank you Miles Ihrig for screwing the law abiding gun owners of America. I do ask that if you choose to do so again in the future that you please kiss us first!
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  2.   
  3. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    One form of material arts means nothing. Being a black belt in America for the majority means nothing. Why do you think mma fighters train 3-4 styles of fighting? Because there is always a form that will beat another, there's always a fighter that's better than you.

    The best fighter I know personally was an olympic grade wrestler for Oregon state university.. When it comes to submission fighting he can break both your arms before you could figure out which way was up. He would play with the 300 pound roommates in our Co op during our fight nights at the local fight gym. How big was he? 5'5" 150 lbs. Know what he still does? Carries a gun because he knows there are better fighters out there than him. If he can't get his opponent on the ground his skill set and training are useless. The OP trains in tae kwan do, his fighting style is the opposite. He needs to stay off the ground and keep distance to employ his skill set.

    Those that are speaking for all the law abiding carriers, please stop and speak for yourselves. You do not represent me, or a lot of the members on this forum. I will not accept an apology from someone who had to draw his gun because someone else was threatening him and charging.

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    I have read both threads, and have come to the following conclusions:

    A majority of the people on here have NO CLUE what the real world is like, period...... All they have to base any of their opinions on is what they have read, or have been taught, it is NOT based on ANY real-world experience...

    Giving all us gun owners a bad name? Oh come on..... get off this total bullcrap and get a clue.... What YOU or anyone else does has NO BEARING on someone else unless they allow it to, it is the same as blaming someone who locked his keys in his car 3 states away as being the reason you locked yours in your car in the driveway...

    Those that keep saying that "brandishing" (oh, such a "scary" little word to most of you) is against the "law"..... the OP has stated MULTIPLE times that in his State, it is NOT against the law.... You might try to read the words that are actually in the posts BEFORE you spout off your ignorance.....

    Those that are giving him a hard time saying he wasnt in danger... WERE YOU THERE? Were YOU the one that had a guy in bad breath distance THREATENING YOU??? I didnt think so.... Most of you here said he was wrong, yet he is alive, not in the hospital, the morgue or in jail.... hmmmmm, I wonder why?

    Telling him he should get in his car and leave???????
    Give us all a break and ACTUALLY READ THE POSTS BEFORE RESPONDING!!!!!
    He stated (again, MULTIPLE TIMES) that his vehicle was boxed in!!!!!

    I swear some of you arm-chair-ninjas really should take a break and get off your behinds and go out in public sometime and actually experience life BEFORE giving advice about it.....

    Some things to think about:
    If the OP had taken out a tire-iron and beat the hell out of the guy, you all would still have condemned him..... and the bad guy would be dead, or in the hospital.... and the OP in jail..... Substitute a myriad of other weapons for the tire-iron.... and just let your mind wrap around the fact that most punks on the street arent afraid of anything like that crap... BUT they do have at least a little fear of getting shot.... So, it just might be (say it isnt so...) that the OP did the correct thing in this situation, and no-one is in jail or dead, wow, how terrible is that? everyone is still alive and maybe a little wiser now.....

  5. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I have read both threads, and have come to the following conclusions:

    A majority of the people on here have NO CLUE what the real world is like, period...... All they have to base any of their opinions on is what they have read, or have been taught, it is NOT based on ANY real-world experience...

    Giving all us gun owners a bad name? Oh come on..... get off this total bullcrap and get a clue.... What YOU or anyone else does has NO BEARING on someone else unless they allow it to, it is the same as blaming someone who locked his keys in his car 3 states away as being the reason you locked yours in your car in the driveway...

    Those that keep saying that "brandishing" (oh, such a "scary" little word to most of you) is against the "law"..... the OP has stated MULTIPLE times that in his State, it is NOT against the law.... You might try to read the words that are actually in the posts BEFORE you spout off your ignorance.....

    Those that are giving him a hard time saying he wasnt in danger... WERE YOU THERE? Were YOU the one that had a guy in bad breath distance THREATENING YOU??? I didnt think so.... Most of you here said he was wrong, yet he is alive, not in the hospital, the morgue or in jail.... hmmmmm, I wonder why?

    Telling him he should get in his car and leave???????
    Give us all a break and ACTUALLY READ THE POSTS BEFORE RESPONDING!!!!!
    He stated (again, MULTIPLE TIMES) that his vehicle was boxed in!!!!!

    I swear some of you arm-chair-ninjas really should take a break and get off your behinds and go out in public sometime and actually experience life BEFORE giving advice about it.....

    Some things to think about:
    If the OP had taken out a tire-iron and beat the hell out of the guy, you all would still have condemned him..... and the bad guy would be dead, or in the hospital.... and the OP in jail..... Substitute a myriad of other weapons for the tire-iron.... and just let your mind wrap around the fact that most punks on the street arent afraid of anything like that crap... BUT they do have at least a little fear of getting shot.... So, it just might be (say it isnt so...) that the OP did the correct thing in this situation, and no-one is in jail or dead, wow, how terrible is that? everyone is still alive and maybe a little wiser now.....
    I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about you on the evening news in the near future. Folks like you simply go out looking for trouble. Look hard enough, and eventually you'll find it.

    Good luck!
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  6. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about you on the evening news in the near future. Folks like you simply go out looking for trouble. Look hard enough, and eventually you'll find it.

    Good luck!

    Please, oh so enlightened one, explain what "Those like you" means, because you have no frikking clue who I am, or what I am like.....

    Or perhaps you just have no clue what you are saying, That is an entirely possible thing from reading your posts.... Have you ever seen the true facts about how many times in an average year that firearms are used in self defense and are not even fired????

    Here is a clue for your little brain.... it is in the MILLIONS! Maybe you were including me in those figures? but you would be INCORRECT in one aspect though.... of those MILLIONS of incidents each yr, it almost NEVER gets reported on the evening news, like you suggested it would be......

  7. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    If the OP had taken out a tire-iron and beat the hell out of the guy, you all would still have condemned him..... and the bad guy would be dead, or in the hospital.... and the OP in jail..... Substitute a myriad of other weapons for the tire-iron.... and just let your mind wrap around the fact that most punks on the street arent afraid of anything like that crap... BUT they do have at least a little fear of getting shot.... So, it just might be (say it isnt so...) that the OP did the correct thing in this situation, and no-one is in jail or dead, wow, how terrible is that? everyone is still alive and maybe a little wiser now.....
    A BG with a weapon in hand is justifiably reasonable assurance that your life is in danger and warrants a draw, warning and rounds fired. Much more different than a BG full of BS, puffed out chest and verbal threats. You're comparing apples to thumbtacks in your justification that the OP did the right thing.

  8. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I was hoping and praying that the kid was actually full of crap. At this point however, it appears that he's less intelligent than a "Pet Rock".

    I will say this though, Thank you Miles Ihrig for screwing the law abiding gun owners of America. I do ask that if you choose to do so again in the future that you please kiss us first!
    I agree completely with this comment. Also, I felt that Agent Green was totally justified in thinking that this was BS. The mere fact that he was incarcerated for "aggravated brandishing" in no way validates his hyperbolic story. The charge was dismissed so nobody but Miles and the presumptive assailants know the full story. I do agree with what has been said about this guy probably being dangerous. I do know from his phraseology and spelling and the text of his posts that he's an intellectual midget walking around with a gun. Definitely a potentially dangerous situation. Although I disagree with his cocksure arrogant style and espoused reckless behavior; this is America and he has his First Amendment rights as well as those conferred by the Second Amendment. My advice to all on this forum, with I like and respect (along with Luke its Administrator), is to simply disregard this guy and end this thread. He's indeed doing a disservice to the majority of us CCW holders.
    MOLON LABE

  9. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    ...Please, oh so enlightened one, explain what "Those like you" means, because you have no frikking clue who I am, or what I am like...

    Yawn. Your avatar gives hint to what you're like. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would know to ignore you.

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,270
    Apparently it's come down to name calling...again. Good job law abiding carriers, way to represent!

  11. #80
    Sticks and stones Sparky. What the OP, Axeandra, and you are vomiting up is far more harmful.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast