CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued... - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued...

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Please, oh so enlightened one, explain what "Those like you" means, because you have no frikking clue who I am, or what I am like.....

Or perhaps you just have no clue what you are saying, That is an entirely possible thing from reading your posts.... Have you ever seen the true facts about how many times in an average year that firearms are used in self defense and are not even fired????

Here is a clue for your little brain.... it is in the MILLIONS! Maybe you were including me in those figures? but you would be INCORRECT in one aspect though.... of those MILLIONS of incidents each yr, it almost NEVER gets reported on the evening news, like you suggested it would be......
    Well, that's the NRA's figures. I don't quite believe it is that many. However, I will concede that it is a high figure. Just how high......? Since many of the "encounters" are not reported, one must surmise that any "grand totals" are merely extrapolated from available "real" figures.

The anti gunners are not the only ones that "spin" statistics to make their "case", you know.

Just sayin'.

.... and for Pete's sake can you (and others) manage to make a point without the insults? It is a given that we have to endure a certain amount of adolescent name calling by some. Dropping down to that level of discourse.....? Well, let's just say it is unbecoming and detracts from your overall arguement. (Not that I don't get "involved" in the playgound childishness from time to time myself. Still doesn't sit well.... and I kick myself in the butt afterword for falling into the "game".)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

I see a few members of the "I Can't Wait To Shoot Somebody" gun club have arrived.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Green:244082
    Sticks and stones Sparky. What the OP, Axeandra, and you are vomiting up is far more harmful.
    Sorry what was the point you made again? I lost interest after you started name calling. Oh yes...I see it now. I haven't prescribed to attacking the victim of an assault or defending the actions of a criminal...I'll let you and the brady bunch do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny:244090
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Please, oh so enlightened one, explain what "Those like you" means, because you have no frikking clue who I am, or what I am like.....

Or perhaps you just have no clue what you are saying, That is an entirely possible thing from reading your posts.... Have you ever seen the true facts about how many times in an average year that firearms are used in self defense and are not even fired????

Here is a clue for your little brain.... it is in the MILLIONS! Maybe you were including me in those figures? but you would be INCORRECT in one aspect though.... of those MILLIONS of incidents each yr, it almost NEVER gets reported on the evening news, like you suggested it would be......
    Well, that's the NRA's figures. I don't quite believe it is that many. However, I will concede that it is a high figure. Just how high......? Since many of the "encounters" are not reported, one must surmise that any "grand totals" are merely extrapolated from available "real" figures.

The anti gunners are not the only ones that "spin" statistics to make their "case", you know.

Just sayin'.

.... and for Pete's sake can you (and others) manage to make a point without the insults? It is a given that we have to endure a certain amount of adolescent name calling by some. Dropping down to that level of discourse.....? Well, let's just say it is unbecoming and detracts from your overall arguement. (Not that I don't get "involved" in the playgound childishness from time to time myself. Still doesn't sit well.... and I kick myself in the butt afterword for falling into the "game".)

GG
    I think its highly unlikely. is name calling one of those walls you talked about earlier, where you can bang your head against them forever, but they will never come down?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Sorry what was the point you made again? I lost interest after you started name calling again. Oh yes...I see it now. I haven't prescribed to attacking the victim of an assault or defending the actions of a criminal...I'll let you and the brady bunch do that.
    The "criminal" was the irresponsible gun owner that drew down on an unarmed man. Had his behavior been "legal", he wouldn't have been arrested, charged and tried in court. The only thing that saved this individual from being convicted was the failure of the witness to show up.

The guy yelling and screaming at the OP was not arrested nor charged for some strange reason. Is this possibly because his behavior was "bad", but not "illegal"?
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Once again for the truly clueless (all you need to do is read their posts to know who they are...)

Unarmed does NOT equal safe, non-threatening, no danger, etc.....
    The OP stated that to him, HE WAS IN FEAR FOR HIS AND HIS FRIENDS LIVES... Why is that so frikking hard for some of you to comprehend?

Just because a perp has no visible weapon, it does NOT mean he isnt a danger or life threatening, period...... To say any different is to show your total lack of real world knowledge or in my opinion, a total lack of any knowledge at all.... Even if he has nothing but his body, it is still VERY easy for him to maim or kill you, again, if you cannot fathom that fact either, you have no clue, and no idea how the real world works, all you have is fake hollywood ideas of real life, not the real thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    The "criminal" was the irresponsible gun owner that drew down on an unarmed man. Had his behavior been "legal", he wouldn't have been arrested, charged and tried in court. The only thing that saved this individual from being convicted was the failure of the witness to show up.

The guy yelling and screaming at the OP was not arrested nor charged for some strange reason. Is this possibly because his behavior was "bad", but not "illegal"?
    Oh, I see where you are coming from (and it really stinks there)

You believe that the cops are always right, and arrest the correct person all the time..... So all of your assumptions are based off of that lie.....

All gun owners who protect themselves are now irresponsible according to you also.... Nice, what are you going to do for an encore? Blame the military for our wars?

A very simple fact that those who have any real life experience knows is that the human body is extremely fragile.....

Those with martial arts training (like the OP) realise this even more than most.

Another fact the clueless here have shown ignorance of:

Have you ever seen a cat being threatened? What do they do? They show their claws and make themselves look dangerous as a defensive measure..... Many times that is enough, and the would-be attacker leaves for easier prey.....

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I see a few members of the "I Can't Wait To Shoot Somebody" gun club have arrived.
    We call those types, "Internet Rambos".

Then he should have jumped up with a round-house flying back kick, landed in a tae kwon do ninja stance, screamed a Bruce Lee scream and scared him away for easier prey.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast