Holster Help Please! 1911 A1 5 inch barrel - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holster Help Please! 1911 A1 5 inch barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Saxon:243930
    i personally use a left hand blackhawk serpa for my 1911, kimber ultra carry for backup, also use a right hand version for my main carry. i just switched to these a few months ago after wearing out my uncle mikes holsters from 15 years of carry.
    I agree! The only other holster that was comfortable for me was the 12.00 Uncle Mikes IWB holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Have Galco, Tauga and several prefer mine in leather left hand is not usually a problem.
    I'm a righty and use a Galco IWB in leather for EDC of my .45 Gov't Model 1911s. Galco also makes them for LH CC.

For me, I have to use a shoulder holster for a 1911. Its so big and heavy. I rarely carry mine. It pulls my pants down and is hard to conceal. I find smaller frams are easier

Manufacturer will have holsters. I use the Springfield OWB that came with the purchase of my 1911A1. It's comfortable and works. IS THE 1911 a bit huge and weighty....YEP. But I have the girth and clothing to cover. Shoulder holster could be the answer as well. Although I'm not strong on Lefty side issues.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

6 oclock would be in the small of your back. Not good. I wear my crossbreed at what would be 8:30 for you. Conceals great and is easy to carry. However, as noted above, there are a ton of options. EVERYBODY makes a 1911 holster. Walk in to a local gun store and try a couple on with your gun.

Psalm 82:3-5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam2Taz View Post
    there are a ton of options. EVERYBODY makes a 1911 holster. Walk in to a local gun store and try a couple on with your gun.
    My problem is everyone mikes a 1911 holster but not everyone makes a lefty nor a 5 inch. I have been to many
    Gun shops and police supply stores in Tulsa county I tried on a crossbreed which was the only left handed 1911 holster in a store that had to offer other an a generic pancake iwb. I did get a generic iwb made by blackhawk and it will get me by for a bit.

Amazing isn't it that you have all these holsters that cost so much more than Uncle Mikes yet Uncle Mikes does the job as well as any for less. I own like 4 of them including two shoulder holsters.

I can make you one, im me if you like. I use a heavy 8/9 oz drum dyed bullhide.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Brommeland makes a great 1911 IWB holster in the Max-Con V. High Performance Concealment Systems for the Professional

Just purchased one from this guy and he has left hand holsters.
    1911 - ************ *HANKS GUN LEATHER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast