Holster Help Please! 1911 A1 5 inch barrel
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holster Help Please! 1911 A1 5 inch barrel

Blog Entries

Holster Help Please! 1911 A1 5 inch barrel

I just got my first 1911 yesterday, but none of my holsters (not like its a surprise) from my glock 21 (event the generic ones) will fit the 1911.

I tried on a crossbread and i dont really like the nearly 6 oclock position.

Please help me find a left handed holster for my new 1911.

I have used acecase before i like them but i want a better holster

Recently I had occasion to borrow a 1911 for a course I was taking. I used a 1 3/4 inch leather belt by 5.11 tactical, coupled with a Bianchi Accumold belt slide holster (size 14), and it was SUPER comfortable.

You may also want to check out the Blackhawk SERPA or the Fobus ROTO.

Otherwise - there should be a TON of options for a 1911.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

4. Pick a manufacturer and they will have a holster for a 1911. I like Don Hume's PCCH model for IWB carry. I also don't care for the whole Kydex craze. Check Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods. for their full line.

Quote Originally Posted by nodaywithout View Post
    I just got my first 1911 yesterday, but none of my holsters (not like its a surprise) from my glock 21 (event the generic ones) will fit the 1911.

I tried on a crossbread and i dont really like the nearly 6 oclock position.

Please help me find a left handed holster for my new 1911.

I have used acecase before i like them but i want a better holster
    Have you tried Uncle Mikes?

i personally use a left hand blackhawk serpa for my 1911, kimber ultra carry for backup, also use a right hand version for my main carry. i just switched to these a few months ago after wearing out my uncle mikes holsters from 15 years of carry.

If you decide to go with a tuck-able holster for conceal try Cleveland's Holsters

Im a lefty and I use blackhawk serpa and galco shoulder rig with my 1911.

As a righty, I'm very happy with the Milt Sparks Watch Six. Pretty sure it's available for you.

Watch Six
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Have Galco, Tauga and several prefer mine in leather left hand is not usually a problem.

left hand

Im a lefty with a full size Kimber TLEII and I use the Crossbreed supertuck deluxe carried at the 8 o'clock position. It will take a couple of weeks to break the holster in and after that you WILL forget its even there! I have tried 4 different holsters and all different carry positions. Crossbreed at 8 o'clock puts the barrel tip pointing just above your left ass check and if you ever somehow did shoot it in the holster it would blow a hole thru your back pocket and not you hip or ass. Seriously, 2 weeks to break it in and carry at the 8 o'clock position. You will find that to be the most comfortable. Im 5'9 240lb and once you adjust the holster depth it will be perfect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast