dont look like a fuc*ing scrub.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dont look like a fuc*ing scrub..

NO over-reaction! Concealed means concealed and that's just a sloppy way of showing he's a big man with a gun and giving all of us a bad name. Make an example of him and let him tell all of his buddies how tough the county is about their CC laws!

3. Quote Originally Posted by roguejesse View Post
    I always say; if you look like a mutt, dress like a mutt, act like a mutt, don't be surprised if you're treated like a mutt.

I've known many undercover cops fitting your very description. (and they were never smart enough to know that their appearance was a dead giveaway!)

I agree with your reaction. This type of presentation lends a very poor image to gun owners in general.

But then again, so does the particular phrasing of the title of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Spencer View Post
    I know in Texas when I obtained my CHL they told me that...

•Anywhere there is a 30.06 sign. In Texas, only the 30.06 sign constitutes effective legal written notice that you cannot carry concealed. You can ignore all the "no guns" signs elsewhere. (Section 30.06 of the Penal Code).

Other signs posted at public establishments (malls, grocery stores, etc) (excluding banks, government offices, etc)were intended to inform employees that they could not carry at work.

I don't know how it is in other states but that guy even though he was acting like an idiot might have had that idea in mind.

Just a thought...

- C
    And the sign must be at every entrance.

Being from Mi. where it is actually legal to OC, it bothers me to see exactly what is being discussed here. I too have seen guys carrying in the same manner. I assume they don't have or can't get a CPL.
    Carrying a gun for protection is a great responsibility as well as a "Right".
    IMHO, the way a person appears says volumes about who they really are.
    Concealed is concealed,so if you want to carry & look like a piglet, cover it up!
    Also, there was an incident recently at a local market, where a guy was OC with an ill fitting holster. The gun fell out & discharged. Luckily, no one was injured. Not sure what happened to the guy, but he could be charged with a few just for letting this happen.

7. Quote Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
    NO over-reaction! Concealed means concealed and that's just a sloppy way of showing he's a big man with a gun and giving all of us a bad name. Make an example of him and let him tell all of his buddies how tough the county is about their CC laws!
    He wasn't breaking any laws in Virginia. So it would end up being let him tell all of his buddies how they called the cops on him, and how the cops didn't do anything other than hassle him because he wasn't breaking any laws.

He would not be breaking any Washington laws, either.

There seems to be no indication that this person was attempting to conceal carry. I can see this in court:

Judge: How did you know the subject was carrying a gun?
    Waitress: I saw it sticking out of his pants.

Chef: I looked out of the kitchen and saw it sticking out of his pants.

Police Officer: I saw it sticking out of his pants.

Judge: So, three people here testify that they clearly saw a gun the individual was carrying. So, why is he being charged with concealing a firearm? Open carry is legal in Virginia, every person that is here said they SAW his gun, so how could he be concealing it? Case dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by biscotrip View Post
    So i work in a restaurant in a mall. Only the front entrace says no guns allowed. Others dont. A guy came in to eat with his girlfriend or whoever ans the dirst thing the server said was, he has a gun. Im a chef, so i poke my head around and look at him. Its some redneck scrub looking dude with his pants sagging boxers showing. And has his gun in a iwb holster half out of his pants with the gun bascially hanging out. In my opinion, your asking for someone to call the cops. Its people like that that i feel ruin it for the rest of us. Let me state that he was a younger guy prob mid 20's. And im 23. Am i over reacting?
    Why did you post this in the concealed carry section? The individual obviously was not concealed carrying...

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    I agree with your reaction. This type of presentation lends a very poor image to gun owners in general.

But then again, so does the particular phrasing of the title of this thread.
    AMEN!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

8. People get upset when you judge a book by its cover, however when it comes to guns id rather not see someone who looks like a criminal carrying one around. Don't wanna be judged? Pull up your freakin pants!

So which "front entrance" has the sign? The mall front? The restaurant front? I'm confused.

An IWB holster doesn't hide the gun completely unless there's a cover garment. To an untrained eye, an IWB holster does indeed look like it's "half out of his pants," but that's the way they sit.
    http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Image248.jpg
    http://sideguardholsters.com/holsters/dblclipon3.jpg
    http://images1.opticsplanet.com/180-...ambidext-2.png

It's funny: an uncovered IWB would typically have gotten you arrested for carrying a concealed weapon before Ohio had its permit system. Now, it's not concealed without a cover garment. Weird.

At any rate, is it your position that the man was breaking the law? If so, what did management do about it? Ignore it? What did you do about it?

What's the problem here?
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Back to the point of the original post, I have no idea if you are over reacting to a sloppily dressed and perhaps less than ideally groomed person. Maybe you could see a counselor to find if you have any issues there? I dunno, just trying to help. ...Could it be that the young looking slob is an undercover type? It's a crazy world, yo!

**The following contains Bill of Rights supporting ideas, sign followers please skip next paragraph:
    I'd likely want to tell the squeeky server to mind his or her own business. It would be a matter of time before some "I can have a gun here, you can't" LEO serve's this guy some handcuffing with a side dish of gun confiscating violation of the 2nd A. as a way of training the "mutt" that discretion is a very important part of CCW. It would be great if he could somehow be instructed in the importance of the word CONCEALED regarding CCW prior to that. I fear such instruction would go unheeded unless he does get a big heap'n serving of elitist and illegal law inforcement intervention (infringement) in regard to his carrying there or anywhere. I'll take fries with that, please.

**Gun control respecting types can pick up the conversation here:
    Regarding your "redneck" reference, I'd rather have your average redneck in the seat next to me than a latte' sipping high-brow type when it comes to surviving and fighting, even if I don't care to see what color boxer's he is wearing. I'm sure in some circles any of us would be looked upon as scrubs on a bad day.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Please, Let us STOP with the idiotic crap of "giving us a bad name", as it is TOTAL BS!!!!

Does someone speeding give all of us "lawful drivers" a bad name?

Does someone spewing filth from their mouths (Cussing in public) give everyone that talks in public a bad name?

Does someone texting and driving give all cell-phone users a bad name?

THEN WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU KEEP INSISTING THAT WHAT SOME OTHER GUN CARRIER DOES GIVES US ALL A BAD NAME?????

Get a life and stop blaming others for how you "feel".........

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast