dont look like a fuc*ing scrub.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: dont look like a fuc*ing scrub..

  1. Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    It would be a matter of time before some "I can have a gun here, you can't" LEO serve's this guy some handcuffing with a side dish of gun confiscating violation of the 2nd A. as a way of training the "mutt" that discretion is a very important part of CCW. It would be great if he could somehow be instructed in the importance of the word CONCEALED regarding CCW prior to that.
    I am still trying to figure out exactly how we have determined this person was attempting in any way to carry concealed...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Henrico, Virginia
    Posts
    43
    Open or concealed, the mall has a sign saying absolutely no firearms..

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Posts
    1,207
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I am still trying to figure out exactly how we have determined this person was attempting in any way to carry concealed...
    Open carry in a thug's safe working area (no gun zone) is silly at best while concealed carry, if done correctly, allows the ability to better defend yourself than throwing a napkin dispenser in an anti-gun mall's food court and nobody would be the wiser. As such, and combinded with his using an IWB holster, I assumed he was attempting CCW. If not, so what?

    Whether or not he was attempting CCW is pretty much a side issue here anyway as the OP was whining about the way the guy looked. Also, he mentioned the customer had a gun that was openly visible in an area where discretion was paramount regardless of the food court patron's thinking as to whether he was open carrying or attempting CCW.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

  5. Quote Originally Posted by biscotrip View Post
    Open or concealed, the mall has a sign saying absolutely no firearms..
    Which has absolutely no weight of law behind it and in no way makes it illegal to carry there. It is trespassing if asked to leave and the person with the gun does not.

    Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Open carry in a thug's safe working area (no gun zone) is silly at best while concealed carry, if done correctly, allows the ability to better defend yourself than throwing a napkin dispenser in an anti-gun mall's food court and nobody would be the wiser. As such, and combinded with his using an IWB holster, I assumed he was attempting CCW. If not, so what?

    Whether or not he was attempting CCW is pretty much a side issue here anyway as the OP was whining about the way the guy looked. Also, he mentioned the customer had a gun that was openly visible in an area where discretion was paramount regardless of the food court patron's thinking as to whether he was open carrying or attempting CCW.
    Yes, that is true. It is paramountly stupid to open carry in a mall that is posted with no firearms signs.... however, we do not know if the mall is posted such that every person entering through every entrance has to pass by a clearly visible sign.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotrip View Post
    So i work in a restaurant in a mall. Only the front entrace says no guns allowed. Others dont. A guy came in to eat with his girlfriend or whoever ans the dirst thing the server said was, he has a gun. Im a chef, so i poke my head around and look at him. Its some redneck scrub looking dude with his pants sagging boxers showing. And has his gun in a iwb holster half out of his pants with the gun bascially hanging out. In my opinion, your asking for someone to call the cops. Its people like that that i feel ruin it for the rest of us. Let me state that he was a younger guy prob mid 20's. And im 23. Am i over reacting?
    Overreacting? nah, you have every right to make judgements on others based on your higher moral ground and long years of exoerience...people who dress poorly obviously should not be "allowed" to defend themselves.

    Actually, I only bother responding because you are appreciably younger than most of the arrogant judgemental types around here and there is still a chance for you. Self-defense is a right...and nobody gets to say "no, this guy doesn't look like people who carry guns "should" look". My advice is mind your own business.

    Some might even argue that your apparent inability to frame the title of the post without resorting to obscenities would indicate a lack of judgement that should prevent you from "representing" gun carriers. I wouldn't, but some arrogant, judgemental types would...

  7. +1 PaxMentis +1

    The ONLY thing I would say about the restaurant patron is that it is probably a better idea to conceal the gun completely when carrying in a location that is posted as no firearms. IF the location they were at was CLEARLY posted at the specific entrance they came through. My experience with the malls in Washington is that they almost all ban firearms, but the firearms ban is buried halfway through 20 or 30 rules of conduct posted on signs at locations where you really have to looking for them.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  8. #27
    This is a big reason I personally haven't set foot in a mall since '00 when I retired and became subject to such prohibitions...though, I admit, I had managed to avoid them pretty well prior to that to the point...I had entered one only once since 1989 just because I hate them in general.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    The self righteousness in here is so thick I could cut it with a knife. What is wrong with you people? This "elite" attitude that I KEEP seeing spew from the mouths of you CCers is disturbing, unconstitutional and quite frankly makes me sick to my stomach. You would complain if those in authority felt that YOU didn't have a right to carry a gun because you weren't law enforcement, but yet time and time again I see you passing judgement on those that you deem "aren't worthy"!

    Golden rule people, golden rule.

    DISCLAIMER: Yes I realize there are CCers who don't feel that way, but I am VERY good at paying attention to trends and there are far more self righteous gun owners in the CC camp than the OC camp, guess that's because more of us ACTUALLY believe in rights and personal liberties.

    Pathetic POS are what you are and YOU know who you are.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Overreacting? nah, you have every right to make judgements on others based on your higher moral ground and long years of exoerience...people who dress poorly obviously should not be "allowed" to defend themselves.

    Actually, I only bother responding because you are appreciably younger than most of the arrogant judgemental types around here and there is still a chance for you. Self-defense is a right...and nobody gets to say "no, this guy doesn't look like people who carry guns "should" look". My advice is mind your own business.

    Some might even argue that your apparent inability to frame the title of the post without resorting to obscenities would indicate a lack of judgement that should prevent you from "representing" gun carriers. I wouldn't, but some arrogant, judgemental types would...
    The OP smells, probably much worse than the guy carrying.

    The OP is located in VA. He is almost certain to know that VA is OC and very very liberal about it.

    Unless you get stopped in the counties immediately bordering DC, the cops are totally relaxed.

    As for signs, they mean nothing if they are not properly placed.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotrip View Post
    So i work in a restaurant in a mall. Only the front entrace says no guns allowed. Others dont. A guy came in to eat with his girlfriend or whoever ans the dirst thing the server said was, he has a gun. Im a chef, so i poke my head around and look at him. Its some redneck scrub looking dude with his pants sagging boxers showing. And has his gun in a iwb holster half out of his pants with the gun bascially hanging out. In my opinion, your asking for someone to call the cops. Its people like that that i feel ruin it for the rest of us. Let me state that he was a younger guy prob mid 20's. And im 23. Am i over reacting?
    Doesn't sound like you reacted at all. Me.. I would have called the police and reported a man with a gun. Time to take the trash out!
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast