dont look like a fuc*ing scrub.. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: dont look like a fuc*ing scrub..

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    He wasn't breaking any laws in Virginia. So it would end up being let him tell all of his buddies how they called the cops on him, and how the cops didn't do anything other than hassle him because he wasn't breaking any laws.
    Actually.....

I copied this from another blog site on Virgina Carry.

"Don't buy into the garbage that ignoring the wishes of a private establishment can only be slapped on the wrist and asked to leave...

From the Code of Virginia:
    O. The granting of a concealed handgun permit shall not thereby authorize the possession of any handgun or other weapon on property or in places where such possession is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the owner of private property.

That means if you ignore the signs and requests of a private establishment, you are illegally carrying a concealed handgun, will face charges, and will lose your permit."

It would seem that Virginia frowns on people that don't abide by the property owners wishes. Criminal trespass and all that.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by biscotrip View Post
    So i work in a restaurant in a mall. Only the front entrace says no guns allowed. Others dont. A guy came in to eat with his girlfriend or whoever ans the dirst thing the server said was, he has a gun. Im a chef, so i poke my head around and look at him. Its some redneck scrub looking dude with his pants sagging boxers showing. And has his gun in a iwb holster half out of his pants with the gun bascially hanging out. In my opinion, your asking for someone to call the cops. Its people like that that i feel ruin it for the rest of us. Let me state that he was a younger guy prob mid 20's. And im 23. Am i over reacting?

See it all the time, your right it hurts us. Nobody knows I'm carrying. Damn Goochland people! JK

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    That means if you ignore the signs and requests of a private establishment, you are illegally carrying a concealed handgun, will face charges, and will lose your permit."

It would seem that Virginia frowns on people that don't abide by the property owners wishes. Criminal trespass and all that.
    Sorry, No Gun Signs have NO force of law in VA, If your asked to leave you must, if you don't THEN you can be charged with trespassing, but it does not endanger your CHP.

Quote Originally Posted by biscotrip View Post
    Thats not the law inVA. The sign even says "strictly no firearms allowed except for law enforcement"
    Those signs have no legal power in VA unless it's State, County or Gov't bldgs. ACTUAL no gun zones. I ignore them all day long.

6. Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Actually.....

I copied this from another blog site on Virgina Carry.

"Don't buy into the garbage that ignoring the wishes of a private establishment can only be slapped on the wrist and asked to leave...

From the Code of Virginia:
    O. The granting of a concealed handgun permit shall not thereby authorize the possession of any handgun or other weapon on property or in places where such possession is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the owner of private property.

Except our gentleman described by the OP was not carrying a concealed handgun. He didn't need the state's "authorization" to carry his gun, because it wasn't concealed.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Doesn't sound like you reacted at all. Me.. I would have called the police and reported a man with a gun. Time to take the trash out!
    Yep. Had it happen to me. Some fraidy-cat pee'd herself at the sight of my gun and called the cops. Wasted a perfectly good steak dinner for me. But, it made up for it when the owner of the restaurant called me back and apologized that the cops tossed me out of their restaurant against their wishes. They invited myself, my family, my friends, and our families back anytime. We rewarded their respect of us by having an open carry luncheon there the very next weekend. About 12 of us with our guns, and at least 20 total honored them with our business. Maybe people like you, walt629 should not burden the 911 system with nonsensical calls about persons engaged in no illegal behavior at all, and when the cops show up and clearly see nothing illegal, you, as a card-carrying concealed carrier should know better and be charged with making a false 911 call and tying up already scarce law enforcement resources because you don't like the way someone looks.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

To a few of the previous posters who bashed me and one saying it should be in the OC forum, when he stood up to leave his shirt fell down OVER the gun and he never fixed it.

Yep. Had it happen to me. Some fraidy-cat pee'd herself at the sight of my gun and called the cops. Wasted a perfectly good steak dinner for me. But, it made up for it when the owner of the restaurant called me back and apologized that the cops tossed me out of their restaurant against their wishes. They invited myself, my family, my friends, and our families back anytime. We rewarded their respect of us by having an open carry luncheon there the very next weekend. About 12 of us with our guns, and at least 20 total honored them with our business. Maybe people like you, walt629 should not burden the 911 system with nonsensical calls about persons engaged in no illegal behavior at all, and when the cops show up and clearly see nothing illegal, you, as a card-carrying concealed carrier should know better and be charged with making a false 911 call and tying up already scarce law enforcement resources because you don't like the way someone looks.
    In full disclosure, I am not a resident of Virginia and do not claim to be one. I am getting my information about Virginia law from the Net. If I am wrong about the Virginia statutes, blame it on the Virginia Gun Owners blog site. That having been said...

Boy Navy, you can go from a likeable guy to a dipstick in a hurry can't you?

Okay, back to the OP. Per the OP there IS a sign at the entrance to the mall stating NO GUNS.

Per the Virginia Gun owners blog (Don't know if they are an authority on Virginia law or not but you'd think so.)

"From the Code of Virginia: The granting of a concealed handgun permit shall not thereby authorize the possession of any handgun or other weapon on property or in places where such possession is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the owner of private property.
    The operative part of this statement is that the possession of a carry permit does not give you the authority to ignore the posted wishes of the property owner and I would imagine that covers both OC and CC.

Consequence of disobeying the sign in Virginia.

From the OP.
    And has his gun in a iwb holster half out of his pants with the gun bascially hanging out.
    I'm going out on a limb and ask that if you're open carry, you're not going to do it by the use of an IWB holster, are you? (I'll bet we could get a good discussion on that topic. Can an IWB be considered an OC holster if only the butt of your gun is visible and not the holster? Maybe some other time.)

So either he has a CCW and ignored the sign at the front of the mall entrance, putting him in violation of the Virginia statute OR he is illegally carrying a gun and attempting to hide it in an IWB (very poorly according to the OP). Or he has a weird way of OC and is still in violation of the Virginia statute.

Maybe people like you, walt629
    And the "People like you" crap is unnecessary. Or to put the shoe on the other foot... It's people like you Navy, that cause problems for all of us when you ignore the established law of a given state and carry where you darned well like to.

should not burden the 911 system with nonsensical calls about persons engaged in no illegal behavior at all,
    Absolutely NOT a "nonsensical call" at all. People like me calling 911 in the situation as described in the OP would be completely justified to call 911 and report a MWG. And NO it would not have been a false 911 call. There was a man with a gun. Period. If the 911 dispatcher fails to do their due diligence and ask the right questions when the call is received, not my problem. I would be reporting a factual situation.

What would be nonsensical would be ignoring the situation altogether.

and when the cops show up and clearly see nothing illegal, you, as a card-carrying concealed carrier should know better and be charged with making a false 911 call and tying up already scarce law enforcement resources because you don't like the way someone looks.
    The fact that the police show up and make a judgement call on the circumstance and roust the guy whether he is carrying legally or not is completely up to the police. And as a "card-carrying concealed carrier" I would have abided by the law of the land and not gone into the food mall in the first place. I would have taken my money elsewhere.

Just because someone calls the police about a man with a gun doesn't make them a "fraidy-cat". I does mean they are doing their civic duty to report something that may be a problem. It also may mean that they are not familiar with the OC/CC laws of that state. And again, if the dispatcher that received the call had done their job and vetted the call properly, the police response ,in your case, may have been different.

By the way, the cops were way off base bothering you if in fact you were following the law and the restaurant owner welcomes OC/CC. Don't know what the circumstances were but it was a nice gesture on part of the restaurant to invite you back. Glad your family outing wasn't a complete bust.

Except our gentleman described by the OP was not carrying a concealed handgun. He didn't need the state's "authorization" to carry his gun, because it wasn't concealed.
    Has nothing to do with "State authorization" to carry his hand gun. Has everything to do with him violating the Virginia statute that stipulates a violation of 'no gun' sign out front is an illegal act.

Or so I am concluding from the statute laid out by Virginia Gun owners blog sight.

You know this whole discussion is NOT about OC or CC? It is about the sign at the mall entrance that says 'NO GUNS' and an exposed gun.

The fact that the OPer didn't like the way the gun carrier looked is not germane to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Sorry, No Gun Signs have NO force of law in VA, If your asked to leave you must, if you don't THEN you can be charged with trespassing, but it does not endanger your CHP.
    Not according to what I read in the Virginia code.

Prohibited places:

Places of religious worship, without good and sufficient reason. The Attorney General has opined that personal protection constitutes a good and sufficient reason.
    Courthouses.
    Air carrier airport terminals.
    Certain high-capacity firearms in public places in certain counties and cities; except certain persons.
    Public, private or religious elementary, middle or high schools and associated buildings, grounds, buses, and events; except certain persons.
    State parks, except certain persons.[295][296]
    Wildlife Management Areas, except certain persons.[297]
    National Forests in Virginia, except certain persons.[297]
    State Forest restrictions on lawfully carried firearms and ammunition were repealed.[298]
    On George Mason University property in academic buildings, administrative office buildings, student residence buildings, dining facilities, or while attending sporting, entertainment or educational events; except police officers.
    Anywhere on a Virginia Commonwealth University campus, without the written authorization of the president of the university; except persons whose duties lawfully require the possession of firearms.
    The Capitol and the General Assembly building; except for members of the General Assembly, persons with concealed handgun permits, and law enforcement personnel.
    Private property where prohibited by the owner.

Sorry. It didn't copy well.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast