dont look like a fuc*ing scrub.. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: dont look like a fuc*ing scrub..

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:244504
    Please, Let us STOP with the idiotic crap of "giving us a bad name", as it is TOTAL BS!!!!

    Does someone speeding give all of us "lawful drivers" a bad name?

    Does someone spewing filth from their mouths (Cussing in public) give everyone that talks in public a bad name?

    Does someone texting and driving give all cell-phone users a bad name?


    THEN WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU KEEP INSISTING THAT WHAT SOME OTHER GUN CARRIER DOES GIVES US ALL A BAD NAME?????

    Get a life and stop blaming others for how you "feel".........
    People identify others by what is most prominent about them. If you see someone in uniform, whatever else you notice about them, they started off as a uniformed officer/soldier. So if he's drunk, doesn't he tend to discredit all others who wear the same uniform? Same view goes with gun owners. When others see us, the first thing they see is the gun. Whether they're upset by that or not is irrelevant, they have begun their snapshot of you, and above all else you may be, you are a gun owner. So if you happen to be tossing the remnants of your happy meal on the ground as you walk, what will the effect be? Littering normal guy? No. Littering gun owner. If you're having a beer in a bar, you're seen as a drinking gun owner. Not just some average normal guy having a beer.

    We should all take a great deal of personal ownership and accountability in how we portray ourselves to the nave majority out there. Because like it or not, we shape opinions. And those opinions have legs and mouths, and are allowed to vote.

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    People identify others by what is most prominent about them. If you see someone in uniform, whatever else you notice about them, they started off as a uniformed officer/soldier. So if he's drunk, doesn't he tend to discredit all others who wear the same uniform? Same view goes with gun owners. When others see us, the first thing they see is the gun. Whether they're upset by that or not is irrelevant, they have begun their snapshot of you, and above all else you may be, you are a gun owner. So if you happen to be tossing the remnants of your happy meal on the ground as you walk, what will the effect be? Littering normal guy? No. Littering gun owner. If you're having a beer in a bar, you're seen as a drinking gun owner. Not just some average normal guy having a beer.

    We should all take a great deal of personal ownership and accountability in how we portray ourselves to the nave majority out there. Because like it or not, we shape opinions. And those opinions have legs and mouths, and are allowed to vote.
    You have FAILED to make any point here, sorry........ UNLESS you were trying to show how you are swayed by what others think of you, ohhhh the horror!

    Get over yourself dude, You do not need to please anyone but your God and your family..... Whatever anyone else thinks does NOT MATTER IN THE LEAST.... If you are one that gets his FEELINGS hurt when someone looks at him the wrong way, or are concerned about what strangers may think of you, you are in the wrong place for any sympathy....

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and ask that if you're open carry, you're not going to do it by the use of an IWB holster, are you? (I'll bet we could get a good discussion on that topic. Can an IWB be considered an OC holster if only the butt of your gun is visible and not the holster? Maybe some other time.)

    Just because someone calls the police about a man with a gun doesn't make them a "fraidy-cat". I does mean they are doing their civic duty to report something that may be a problem. It also may mean that they are not familiar with the OC/CC laws of that state. And again, if the dispatcher that received the call had done their job and vetted the call properly, the police response ,in your case, may have been different.
    It's funny that you say it's not open carry if it's an IWB especially since this happened in VA. I say that because carrying IWB with the gun out of a shirt is commonly referred to as "VA carry"


    I also think your statement about being a fraidy cat is pretty funny. I hear it all the time about people that open carry getting hassled from people calling in a MWG and most here defend the carrier. It seems the only difference in this case is that you don't agree with the way the guy looks and that is what makes you afraid. I ask if he were a sharp dressed man with a tight haircut in business attire would you still call the cops? What if he was of middle eastern decent and dressed in the traditional robes? If your answer is not the same for everyone then maybe you should reevaluate your thinking.

    I do agree that it is bad for all if you ignore the no carry signs, however in VA I see it all the time that some doors are posted while others are not. That could very well be the case here.

    I don't want to come off as judgmental but it sounds like that's what a lot of people here are doing and it is just not right to judge a book by it's cover. I do understand that the way a person looks CAN say a lot about who they are, but I'm sure when you were young the older generation didn't so much like the way you dressed or the music you listened to, but that's no reason to deny someones rights or have them hassled by the cops. It seems like live and let live only fits some people as long as they fit the image that you imagine.

    Isn't there a Bible quote judge not lest ye be judged yourself. Maybe that should be applied more often.

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Not according to what I read in the Virginia code.

    Prohibited places:

    Places of religious worship, without good and sufficient reason. The Attorney General has opined that personal protection constitutes a good and sufficient reason.
    More or less no longer applies since the AG's statement

    Courthouses.
    Air carrier airport terminals.
    Certain high-capacity firearms in public places in certain counties and cities; except certain persons.
    Public, private or religious elementary, middle or high schools and associated buildings, grounds, buses, and events; except certain persons.
    State parks, except certain persons.[295][296]
    Wildlife Management Areas, except certain persons.[297]
    National Forests in Virginia, except certain persons.[297]
    State Forest restrictions on lawfully carried firearms and ammunition were repealed.[298]
    On George Mason University property in academic buildings, administrative office buildings, student residence buildings, dining facilities, or while attending sporting, entertainment or educational events; except police officers.
    Anywhere on a Virginia Commonwealth University campus, without the written authorization of the president of the university; except persons whose duties lawfully require the possession of firearms.
    The Capitol and the General Assembly building; except for members of the General Assembly, persons with concealed handgun permits, and law enforcement personnel.
    Private property where prohibited by the owner.

    Sorry. It didn't copy well.
    Most State public ranges are IN Wildlife mgmt areas, so that's a bust, We ARE allowed to CC while in cars in parking lots, or locked up in the car while on School property. "Private Property" is a house or other bldg that is NOT open the the public.

    Here:
    Places Where Carrying Concealed is Prohibited
    NOTE: In most locations where concealed carry (CC) is prohibited, open carry (OC) is also prohibited.
    - Federal facilities (buildings) (18USC 930)
    - Many federal agency lands (various federal regs, e.g., USPS, but not National Parks)
    - National Forests: OC prohibited except where hunting is allowed (4VAC15-40-60)
    - General Assembly Buildings except for CHP holders (Joint Rules Committee Rule)
    - State Parks: OC prohibited except where hunting is allowed (4VAC5-30-200)
    - State Forests (4VAC10-30-170)
    - Hog Island Wildlife Management Area (4VAC15-40-120)
    - Virginia Commonwealth University (8VAC90-10-50)
    - George Mason University buildings (8VAC35-60-20)
    - Courthouses (18.2-283.1)
    - Detention Facilities (15.2-915)
    - K-12 school grounds (CHP holders exempted for CC while in a vehicle; handgun secured in a container or compartment in a vehicle also exempted.) (18.2-308.1)
    - K-12 school buses. (18.2-308.1)
    - Property used exclusively for K-12 school-sponsored functions (18.2-308.1)
    - Air carrier airport terminal buildings (18.2-287.01)
    - Places of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held "without good and sufficient reason" (18.2-283)
    - CC on private property when prohibited by owner (18.2-308.0)

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch:245164
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:244504
    Please, Let us STOP with the idiotic crap of "giving us a bad name", as it is TOTAL BS!!!!

    Does someone speeding give all of us "lawful drivers" a bad name?

    Does someone spewing filth from their mouths (Cussing in public) give everyone that talks in public a bad name?

    Does someone texting and driving give all cell-phone users a bad name?


    THEN WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU KEEP INSISTING THAT WHAT SOME OTHER GUN CARRIER DOES GIVES US ALL A BAD NAME?????

    Get a life and stop blaming others for how you "feel".........
    People identify others by what is most prominent about them. If you see someone in uniform, whatever else you notice about them, they started off as a uniformed officer/soldier. So if he's drunk, doesn't he tend to discredit all others who wear the same uniform? Same view goes with gun owners. When others see us, the first thing they see is the gun. Whether they're upset by that or not is irrelevant, they have begun their snapshot of you, and above all else you may be, you are a gun owner. So if you happen to be tossing the remnants of your happy meal on the ground as you walk, what will the effect be? Littering normal guy? No. Littering gun owner. If you're having a beer in a bar, you're seen as a drinking gun owner. Not just some average normal guy having a beer.

    We should all take a great deal of personal ownership and accountability in how we portray ourselves to the nave majority out there. Because like it or not, we shape opinions. And those opinions have legs and mouths, and are allowed to vote.
    Nope, it only has that effect on the intellectually deficit.

    Also the title of this thread was "Don't look like a scrub", the intent had nothing to do with the gun buster sign. I love how when people are called on the points of their argument and they're found to be lacking, they try to change the argument.

    The intent is way off base, I don't care if a guy is wearing tattered clothes and is covered from head to toe in mud, it DOES NOT diminish his RTBA.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    - CC on private property when prohibited by owner (18.2-308.0)
    So let me ask you this. If there is a sign at the entrance to a private property that states "No Guns Allowed" does it make a difference if you are CC or OC? Does the Code pertain to both forms of carry?

    I would imagine there is no difference. Yes?
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Eastern Colorado
    Posts
    269
    Yes you are over reacting. As long as OC is legal where your at he was doing nothing wrong . I despise sagging pants but people can dress how they want regardless of how retarded they look.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by stngray713 View Post
    It's funny that you say it's not open carry if it's an IWB especially since this happened in VA. I say that because carrying IWB with the gun out of a shirt is commonly referred to as "VA carry"
    Never heard of VA carry. I assume VA is for Virginia? I think we could get into a real good discussion about that method. LOL!


    I also think your statement about being a fraidy cat is pretty funny. I hear it all the time about people that open carry getting hassled from people calling in a MWG and most here defend the carrier.
    OC versus CC has been and always will be a MAJOR point of contention and disagreement on this and just about every other blog I've been to. I always say "to each their own" but with caveats. While I believe adamantly in the 2A, most states have laws regarding the carry onto private property if the property is properly marked as such. There are those on just about every blog that will say the signs don't pertain to them. The worse among us are the CCer's. Some think that because they are CC it's okay to violate the law in regard to "No Gun" signs. In other states the signs don't carry legal weight, so, like I said "to each their own".

    It seems the only difference in this case is that you don't agree with the way the guy looks and that is what makes you afraid.
    YOu confuse me with the OP. Personally I believe that we should conduct ourselves above the rest of the general public in both deed and dress. Do I always adhere to my own point of view, heck no. I'm as guilty as the next guy of going out looking like what my wife considers a slob.

    I ask if he were a sharp dressed man with a tight haircut in business attire would you still call the cops? What if he was of middle eastern decent and dressed in the traditional robes? If your answer is not the same for everyone then maybe you should reevaluate your thinking.
    No. No. And no.

    If he was well dressed I think his IWB wouldn't be pulling his pants down. Someone that dresses well and cares about their appearance will also care if their IWB is exposed at the wrong time and wrong place.

    The long robes would also cover the IWB.

    It's not MY thinking that brought all of this up. It was the OP. Please reread the OP for more detail on who said what.

    I do agree that it is bad for all if you ignore the no carry signs, however in VA I see it all the time that some doors are posted while others are not. That could very well be the case here.
    Could very well be. Does the Virginia code say that all entrances have to be posted or just the main entrance?

    I don't want to come off as judgmental but it sounds like that's what a lot of people here are doing and it is just not right to judge a book by it's cover. I do understand that the way a person looks CAN say a lot about who they are, but I'm sure when you were young the older generation didn't so much like the way you dressed or the music you listened to, but that's no reason to deny someones rights or have them hassled by the cops. It seems like live and let live only fits some people as long as they fit the image that you imagine.
    Heck! The clash between older generation and the young generation is alive and well in my own home! My son and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of issues when it comes down to dress, music and many other social and entertainment issues.

    One thing we are always on keel with is even a minor infraction to a law is still breaking that law. Laws are meant to be upheld, not bent to my desire. And yes, I really do believe that.

    Isn't there a Bible quote judge not lest ye be judged yourself. Maybe that should be applied more often.
    I truly wish it were applied by more and more often. But alas, we are a collection of peoples that believe we ARE the one that is right.

    Good discussion. Thanks!
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

  10. #49
    Walt629 I apologize if I projected other's words on to you.

    yes by "VA carry" I mean Virginia carry. It seems like an OK way to carry IMO especially if you like to switch between OC and CC.

    I have no problem with how anyone wants to carry as long as they do it legally. But I do have a problem with a fellow gun owner calling the cops because they THINK a law may be being broken, as some here have
    stated.

    I do agree that a minor infraction of a law is still breaking the law. My understanding is that in VA at least the entrance you entered through must be marked otherwise how would you know firearms are not allowed.

    I guess your last statement nails what I think is so wrong about society, government and whatever else is that so many think they are right and if you don't agree you are uneducated, immoral or substitute any judgmental adjective you wish. They fail to view others opinions, lifestyle whatever as valid and have a need to project their views to others and "save" them from their evil immoral ways, in the same way anti gun types want to "save" society from scary evil guns. My question is why can't we all just get along even though we disagree, and rather than argue, have a positive discussion so maybe we can all learn from the views of others.

  11. I think some people are just looking for an argument and either let the gun show or just openly let it hang out like this guy did. In my state you can loose your CC permit if you let it show....
    "A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one!" - Alexander Hamilton

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast