dont look like a fuc*ing scrub..
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dont look like a fuc*ing scrub..

dont look like a fuc*ing scrub..

So i work in a restaurant in a mall. Only the front entrace says no guns allowed. Others dont. A guy came in to eat with his girlfriend or whoever ans the dirst thing the server said was, he has a gun. Im a chef, so i poke my head around and look at him. Its some redneck scrub looking dude with his pants sagging boxers showing. And has his gun in a iwb holster half out of his pants with the gun bascially hanging out. In my opinion, your asking for someone to call the cops. Its people like that that i feel ruin it for the rest of us. Let me state that he was a younger guy prob mid 20's. And im 23. Am i over reacting?

No, you are not over reacting

It's called carry and CONCEAL for a reason. Sounds like he knows what it is, just doesn't know how to do it correctly. You are right, He will ruin it for the rest of us. BTW you might tell the boss that if I see that sign on a door I will eat elsewhere. My State determines if I am eligible to carry a gun, not some chain of second rate restaurants.

4. No not at all. That's very tacky and illegal in some states/cirumstances

I always say; if you look like a mutt, dress like a mutt, act like a mutt, don't be surprised if you're treated like a mutt.
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

The sign isnt on our door. Its to the front entrance of the mall which is an outdoor mall.

7. Texas CHL / CCW, etc

I know in Texas when I obtained my CHL they told me that...

•Anywhere there is a 30.06 sign. In Texas, only the 30.06 sign constitutes effective legal written notice that you cannot carry concealed. You can ignore all the "no guns" signs elsewhere. (Section 30.06 of the Penal Code).

Other signs posted at public establishments (malls, grocery stores, etc) (excluding banks, government offices, etc)were intended to inform employees that they could not carry at work.

I don't know how it is in other states but that guy even though he was acting like an idiot might have had that idea in mind.

Just a thought...

- C

Thats not the law inVA. The sign even says "strictly no firearms allowed except for law enforcement"

Maybe he doesn't have a permit yet to own a gun so he is carry semi-cc. <g> No you are not over-reacting but be careful of kids like so.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Kansas law says has an official state sign that must be used and ir must be on ALL entrances of a building that doesn't want guns. We havn't had a test case yet for the non-official signs... although the owner can ask you to leave and then you would have to go, but that applies to anybody. If I were eating there I would have simply summoned the manager and explained that I don't feel comfortable eating in an establishment with that man being armed. Now, that being said- I don't eat where my gun isn't welcome; people like do give people who have CC permits and are responsable a bad name they should be dealt with in a way that adjusts their behavior... Sic the police on him. If he isnt breaking the law he might figure out why the police seem to always be where he is and change.

ezkl2230 Guest

Michigan....

In Michigan, malls/other places of business/employment are still considered to be "private property', even though they do public business and are generally open to the public. So any business can post a No Guns sign, and someone carrying, concealed or otherwise, would be legally required to leave their firearm in their vehicle or face possible charges (trespassing, for starters). A couple of jurisdictions that are already anti-carry might try to make a charge of brandishing stick in the situation described in the initial posting, since it represents a "flagrant violation" of a posted "no guns" policy.

This is one of the reasons that I am working with legislators in Michigan to get legislation similar to Oklahoma's "make my day" law passed. I know there are those who disagree with me, but the Second Amendment, as part of the Bill of Rights (which establishes our basic God-given civil rights), not only establishes the right to carry as a LEGAL right, but, more importantly, as a basic CIVIL right. Because of that, NO BUSINESS or PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT should have the ability to deprive us of our civil right to self-defense.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast