National CCW - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: National CCW

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil6 View Post
    Unless and until this becomes law, the following recognize no permits except their own: CA, CT, Guam, HI, MA, MD, NJ, NY, NY City (not even a NY Permit!), OR, Puerto Rico, RI, U.S. Virgin Islands. Additionally, CO, FL, ME, MI, NH and SC accept only RESIDENT permits of individuals from states whose permits they recognize.

    Passage of this law would not change the fact that American Samoa, D.C., IL and the Northern Marianas Islands neither issue permits to their subjects nor recognize any other permit. Subjects living in those entities who wish to upgrade their status to Resident may either use the ballot box to effect Regime Change or move to a "carry permitted" area. Choices have consequences.
    You left out Oregon.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by RRrider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtallit View Post
    States don't have rights, they have powers. And this is an individual right. An inherent, God-given right guaranteed (not given) by the US Constitution. US citizens have the right to keep and bear arms anywhere in the states and territories.
    The US Constitution doesn't grant any right, it only protects them.
    Uh, read closer next time. You are basically saying the same thing that I am. Here are the same words but changed around...

    The right to keep & bear arms is an inherent right, a God-given right. The Constitution does not give you those rights. The Constitution guarantees (or in your words, "protects") those rights.

  4. #23
    My initial reaction to this was negative from a states' rights viewpoint, but further thought led me to the "full faith and credit" clause of the constitution.

    As far as the 2nd Amendment...it guarantees the right to keep and bear arms...not the right to conceal a weapon upon one's body. The argument that a right to K&BA automatically includes concealment is akin to the argument that engaging in free speech allows one to camp on a courthouse lawn.

    So I agree the law is valid...but not as a result of the 2A...

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    My initial reaction to this was negative from a states' rights viewpoint, but further thought led me to the "full faith and credit" clause of the constitution.

    As far as the 2nd Amendment...it guarantees the right to keep and bear arms...not the right to conceal a weapon upon one's body. The argument that a right to K&BA automatically includes concealment is akin to the argument that engaging in free speech allows one to camp on a courthouse lawn.
    I would disagree that the 2nd Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to conceal a weapon. Shall not be infringed is a pretty clear statement.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    "Bear" as defined makes no distinction between open or concealed. Opinions or feelings have no bearing on the matter, only actual definitions, otherwise we are not abiding by the purpose of the 2A.

    This IS INDEED a matter of enforcement of the 2A.

  7. #26
    I hope it passes, but don't think it will, at least not while Obama-mama is in office.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil6 View Post
    Unless and until this becomes law, the following recognize no permits except their own: CA, CT, Guam, HI, MA, MD, NJ, NY, NY City (not even a NY Permit!), OR, Puerto Rico, RI, U.S. Virgin Islands. Additionally, CO, FL, ME, MI, NH and SC accept only RESIDENT permits of individuals from states whose permits they recognize.

    Passage of this law would not change the fact that American Samoa, D.C., IL and the Northern Marianas Islands neither issue permits to their subjects nor recognize any other permit. Subjects living in those entities who wish to upgrade their status to Resident may either use the ballot box to effect Regime Change or move to a "carry permitted" area. Choices have consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    You left out Oregon.
    No he didn't...I missed it the first read thru also. :-)

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by RRrider View Post
    The 2nd amendment doesn't give the right IMO to conceal carry.
    SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, is pretty clear language. If a state says, "You can carry BUT........" How is that not infringing?


    So how can the national government tell states they must allow residents from other states the right to carry? Especially when that state doesn't allow their own residents to conceal carry...
    They can't. Read the bill. It forces RECIPROCITY, Not the right to carry. If a commie state (IL,DC) doesn't haveConcealed Carry for residents, then neither do we.

    As far as the Permitless states, I'm sure they'll start to offer permits for those who choose to get them for reciprocity reasons. Just like they have to get letters and documentation already for applying for Non-Res permits.

  10. #29
    but you said a right no given by the US Constitution... no right is given by the US Constitution. Not a single one

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, is pretty clear language. If a state says, "You can carry BUT........" How is that not infringing?
    Some would argue that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with personal self defense and the right to conceal carry...

    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

    I get asked in discussion about how my Militia is doing by gun hating liberals.


    Don't get me wrong here, I am better trying to understand. I support gun laws in general, in fact I wrote my Congressman about this bill.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast