National CCW - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71

Thread: National CCW

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Can you show any evidence that states with training requirements are any safer than states without training requirements? I am in favor of training, but not government defined training. If there is no quantifiable gain from a requirement, I would argue it is a requirement the government should not be involved in.
    I have been carrying with a UT non res permit for over a year now and have not shot anybody yet, inlcluding myself. The training class took about 2 hours with no live fire. Which I didn't really need anyway, I go shooting quite frequently. I think most people have enough common sense to train with their CCW gun.

  2.   
  3. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    "most people have enough common sense"
    OXYMORON JG. Not trying to be a cynic here but most people, IMHO, don't use their gray matter for the most part.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanTheTerrible View Post
    I have some issues with this bill. I'm not sure I want the federal government to dictate the rules that my state must follow to the detriment of good laws already on the books. Only positive I could see is a good strong minimal training standard. Btw, I work for the federal government.

    It won't affect your State at all. MI already honors all other permits.

    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    I have been carrying with a UT non res permit for over a year now and have not shot anybody yet, inlcluding myself. The training class took about 2 hours with no live fire. Which I didn't really need anyway, I go shooting quite frequently. I think most people have enough common sense to train with their CCW gun.
    Twas my understanding that UT class was to be a MINIMUM of 4 hours...???

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    286
    Also, you'll still have to do your homework for every state you travel through concerning the particulars of how each state concerning where you can carry, laws concerning stand your ground vs must flee, and if a state has castle law. This bill is absurd, if a state wants to be like illinois, let'em. Let every state pick their future on this for themselves. States without ccw can become the ones with cities that are havens for scum. It will let the rest of us breathe easier.

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    It won't affect your State at all. MI already honors all other permits.



    Twas my understanding that UT class was to be a MINIMUM of 4 hours...???
    That may have changed since I got mine.

  7. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by agrippakc View Post
    Also, you'll still have to do your homework for every state you travel through concerning the particulars of how each state concerning where you can carry, laws concerning stand your ground vs must flee, and if a state has castle law. This bill is absurd, if a state wants to be like illinois, let'em. Let every state pick their future on this for themselves. States without ccw can become the ones with cities that are havens for scum. It will let the rest of us breathe easier.
    Yes, but at least you would be able to carry your piece at all which is the point of this bill. Not to streamline self defense laws for all States. I would rather be alive in court because I was able to defend myself.

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    OXYMORON JG. Not trying to be a cynic here but most people, IMHO, don't use their gray matter for the most part.
    Maybe. But when it comes to guns I am willing to give my fellow man a tad more creit, at least the ones that get permits.

  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Yes, but at least you would be able to carry your piece at all which is the point of this bill. Not to streamline self defense laws for all States. I would rather be alive in court because I was able to defend myself.
    If your personal motto is better judged by 12 than carried by 6, then what do you need this bill for, just carry everywhere.

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Even the tiniest little infringement is STILL an infringement........... This bill is just ANOTHER damn law about firearms, period.......

    Shall NOT be Infringed means exactly that......

  11. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by RRrider View Post
    If your personal motto is better judged by 12 than carried by 6, then what do you need this bill for, just carry everywhere.
    Because I would much rather like to be able to carry legally. Obviously. If you carry illegally AND are involved in a self defense case I would not have much hope.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast