National CCW
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National CCW

1. National CCW

I live in Indiana, with this new law into place does that mean that all the states that didn't Honor my CCW, does that mean they will now?

It isn't law yet. It has just passed the House and still must go through the Senate and the President.

Quote Originally Posted by willpruitt View Post
    I live in Indiana, with this new law into place does that mean that all the states that didn't Honor my CCW, does that mean they will now?
    If it becomes law, then yes. You will be able to carry in all states, except IL and DC. Both IL and DC offer to CCW at all, so they will not recognize any CCW.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    I doubt seriously this will ever become law.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefpropellerhead:244531
    With our current Senate and president, maybe not. But I wouldn't say "ever".

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Ok, ok, you got me there. :)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefpropellerhead View Post

It will if we yell loud enough
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

9. And remember, it IS an election year coming up. Just sayin if they (libs) wanna make a valiant effort to try and save their jobs. I think we know different tho.

"Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    Thomas Jefferson

Very true, but the actual quote is "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." and is attributed to Benjamin Franklin, not Jefferson.

Does anyone else see this as a State's Rights violation?

Don't get me wrong, Michigan CPL holder and everyday carrier, and I am all for gun rights, except when they infringe on State's rights.

The 2nd amendment doesn't give the right IMO to conceal carry. That has been a decision at the state level as a matter of self defense, and not every state has the same laws. So how can the national government tell states they must allow residents from other states the right to carry? Especially when that state doesn't allow their own residents to conceal carry...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast