Do You Carry While At Home? - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Do You Carry While At Home?

Most the times I do. But not at this moment but I have a gun that is on a shelf beside me and another that I pass if heading toward the front door.

I always carry at home. the urban disease is creeping ever closer to my home.

Home invasions happen during day and night. For that reason, I almost always have a firearm on me or within close reach. Hopefully I'll never need them, but I'm prepared. I live in a very nice and quiet neighborhood with watchful neighbors, but I never let my guard down because of it.
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

5. o yeah

If not on me never usually more then 2 to ten feet from me with easy access

Yes!

Those that don't carry at home might relate with this scenario. Your sitting on the couch relaxing and you hear a crash/bang/abnormal noise that makes your blood turn cold. You suspect an intruder but your gun is in the other room or worse, upstairs/downstairs. What do you do? Before I started carrying while at home, that happened; first time was while I wasn't carrying and didn't have my gun close and once when I was carrying. Both times turned out to be nothing (no intruder) I can tell you that both my wife and I felt much safer when I had my gun and was able to clear the house safely. (for those of you wondering what it was. I remember on one occasion, the upstairs bathroom has a bath toy corner-caddy that suction cups to the wall. It lost suction and dropped into the tub. Sounded scary from downstairs). I'd rather be over-cautious and suspect abnormal noises as intruders and be wrong than shrug it off as normal and get robbed or shot. Just my two cents.
    Double Tap: If they're worth shooting once, their worth shooting twice...or even more!

I am carrying in my home more than I used to. I figure that having my gun on top of the refrigerator won't do me much good if I am in the living room when someone breaks in. With my gun on my person I have it handy no matter which room of the house I am in. My teen age kids think I am weird, and my wife pokes a little fun at me, but oh well.

8. Just bought my first handgun so I'm still getting used to having it. I haven't decided whether to carry in my home or not.

9. no your not unusual.

i dont carry at home, due to the attire i choose while relaxing...

but no matter the room i am in, there is always a weapon within reach.

About half the time I'll have my TCP on me, however, there is a firearm within a few steps of me somewhere in the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Good to see many carrying or at least very aware of where their firearms are. We live in a rural area and had a home invasion about three miles away last week. Time to get serious about protecting our homes, families, and our self.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast