Do You Carry While At Home? - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Carry While At Home?

I do carry here at home. We just had our thanksgiving dinner and all of our visitors carry here in our home...well...I will correct that...the kids and the animals doesn't.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

3. I always have mine on my side even at home. Girlfriend thinks it's strange but I still do it.

If I'm not naked I'm carrying, and at my age, I'm not naked very often. you can't second guess when trouble or danger may appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter:245742
    Quote Originally Posted by fourmula766 View Post
    At very least there's a BUG crawling a few feet away ...
    Is that another definition for Big Ugly Guy? Remind me to never visit you if you're gonna have your sights on me! :):)

KK
    "Back up gun" Im sure your not serious tho :-P Lol

Nope, no paranoia here...

As my instructor once said, "Good thing about Glocks is you can put tupperware in the dish washer". Good thing I took his advice. I carry everywhere including the shower and pool now.

8. Like most ahead of me, I'm carrying from "jeans on" to "jeans off" and then the XD is only arm-length away. Quiet semi-rural area here in CO, but we do have the occasional bear and/or badguy.

Given the current economic status and not knowing when/where the bad guys are, I keep my Glock on my person, at night it is next to me and the 12ga is within reach. I used to think I was paranoid, now I just realize that I am well prepared for what I hope does not come.

Being in Illinois, the only place I can carry is at home. So I take advantage of it as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Cook View Post
    I always carry at home. With home invasions on the rise it wouldn't be smart not to.
    The burglars these days don't seem to care if your home or not. They come in your home in groups of 3 or more most of the time. And I don't know about you but I can't take on 3 people at once.
    Exactly why weapons are called the great equalizer.

Since the wife and I live in a situation where "little hands" have NO chance of acquiring access to our weapons..... I keep a gun in every room within easy access/reach, don't answer the door without a pocket pistol clenched tightly in my fist (in the pocket) and the "safe room" is rather more like an armory than anything else.

"Carry" (or have one with me) in the basement now too.

On the subject of home invasions..... I HAVE seen reports where the home owner fires and the perps (those still capable of it) hightailing it out of there. Anyone eyeball a report wherein the BGs stuck it out and a pitched gun battle ensued?

Cause for concern..... I wonder how some Lib minded DA would approach a case where the home owner put up a good fight and stacked up the would be perps like chord wood? (Personally, I would put the citizen in for a medal for civic duty performed well..... but that's just ol' hard headed, non PC infected me.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast