Carrying at Work
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying at Work

1. Carrying at Work

Here's my situation - I work at a small personal training studio in a metro area and am usually the only one there besides my clients. Area is high crime and has had plenty of shootings. I am usually in gym type clothes while working, so carrying my loaded G26 can be a little cumbersome. Pants tend to fall down, pistol bulges etc. etc. with my IWB holster.

Has anyone ever used a band holster that wraps the abdomen? Not really interested in an ankle holster due to the slow draw time. Any other recommendations?

How about a fanny pack. That would be cute

KK

4. Glock 26? Workout clothes? Answer, Smartcarry.com Holster hides under a bathing suit.

I have a belly band that has shoulder straps. It takes some getting use to, but if you have a shirt that is lose enough, it should work ok.

Quote Originally Posted by G26carrier View Post
    Has anyone ever used a band holster that wraps the abdomen? Not really interested in an ankle holster due to the slow draw time. Any other recommendations?
    Your draw time is going to be slowed down no matter what due to the type of holster your looking for. My suggestion, buy a pocket holster for it. Gym clothes have big pockets anyway, and most people will think the slight bulge in your pocket is an ipod. When I work out, my gym shorts pockets are bulging with keys, phone, and ipod, sometimes my watch too. Nobody ever asks why my pockets appear to be so full.

Belly band. The one I have from Blue Stone Safety Products I use virtually all the time, no matter what I wear. Room for one gun and six spare magazines. I carry a High-Point C9. A little bulge, but not much.

Gym wear

I wear a 511 hip pouch, works great and does not print, will hold your size gun very well. Is ambidextrous. Lots of trainers were hip pouches. I been carrying in the gym that I own like that for 2 years with no problems. And gun is very excess able and able to pull fast.

Here is one place you can get it. Price the same everywhere.
    http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...=SA%2020009-10

9. Thanks everyone for your input. Lafaillepj, could you post a link to that 5.11 holster? I checked their website and couldn't find it.

Here is one place you can get it. It is priced the same everywhere.
    http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...=SA%2020009-10

My wife uses one but the G26 is a litle big. They work real well for the LC9 or any small semi.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast